Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,691 members, 7,955,600 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:22 AM

Dark Soul (The Tumult Of A Girl's Mind) - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Dark Soul (The Tumult Of A Girl's Mind) (7371 Views)

DARK MYSTERIES: SEASON 1 / Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette / IN The DARK (A Story Of Love,betrayal And Survival) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dark Soul (The Tumult Of A Girl's Mind) by Nobody: 10:54pm On Jun 08, 2015
Here to derail
Re: Dark Soul (The Tumult Of A Girl's Mind) by Nobody: 11:12pm On Jun 08, 2015
when is the next update? . concentrate on your writing and avoid distractions ✘
Re: Dark Soul (The Tumult Of A Girl's Mind) by Nobody: 9:58am On Jun 09, 2015
Chapter Three
The sun's rays hit the aluminum coated glass and refracted through the polyester curtain as it perfectly lit up the small room.
The blue painted walls of the room was adorned with pictures of famous footballers and half-nude female celebrities and models.
A worn out Mouka foam with the sheets rumpled and unmade and a masculine form lying legs spread on it was at the west end of the room and covered more than half of the entire room space, and beneath it was a rug dominated by basic designs in rose and plum which extended throughout the whole floor space.

A plastic table was set at the east of the room nicely placed directly below the window frame, and a wooden chair sat beside it.
The top of the plastic table was covered with textbooks mainly on Engineering, couple of green and yellow cardboard paper, a phone charger, a long set square and tools from an open mathematical were scattered all over.

Charles had his gaze sternly fixed on the 15.6inch screen of his HP laptop as he lay on the foam wearing just boxer-shorts that had on it ornamental designs of various colors.
He moved his hands softly and expeditiously on the mouse pad, moving the arrow icon up and down the screen, clicking and highlighting as he tried to finish up his Auto-Cad assignment.

He turned his face away from the scratch-resistant, gorilla screen and looked through the window, gawking at it in deep thought like he was measuring it's dimension or expecting someone to break through the glass in any moment.
He noticed how sunny it was outside. It had rained all through the night and it was refreshing seeing the sun shine so brightly.
It was a beautiful sunday morning, but unlike other sunday mornings in the past, he had decided against going to church.
He had an assignment to submit before 8pm that day and he needed enough time to finish up.
Going to the church would mean him spending nothing less than five hours of the little time he had to finish up the assignment and it would be totally impossible for him to round up before the stipulated deadline.

Mr Onibojo's method of submission was a bit unconventional. The students were to finish up the assignment and send it to his mail box before 8pm on the D-day. Those that submitted before the D-Day and those that submitted their's after the deadline would have their assignment cancelled and marks deducted from their continuous assessment.
He was one of the strictest and most feared lecturers in the whole faculty of Engineering. Asides him being one of the few lecturers in the entire faculty who were professors, he was also a former dean of the department of mechanical engineering, so he had what most students would call "mouth"
He was known for failing students just for not turning up or arriving late to his classes.
He was described by most students as a sadist who derived some sort of pleasure or weird gratification from seeing student fail. Some said he was just a frustrated man who decided to pour out all his anger and frustration on innocent students.
No student wanted to engrave his or her name into his bad books or fall prey to his devices.

Charles was definitely one of those students. He just had to finish this up this assignment in time or be prepared to face the gruesome consequences.
This particular assignment carried a large percentage of the total mark allocated to the course and there was no place for lethargy.

He tried to keep his concentration on what he was doing on his computer but those disturbing thoughts perched on the weak branches of his mind once again.
It had been two days and he had not heard a single word from Susan.
They had planned on meeting during the evening of friday but she never showed up. She didn't even call to cancel.
This was totally unlike her and It was worrisome. He had tried calling her but both of her phones were switched off. He left her countless messages on whatsapp and BBM but she didn't reply any.
He even tried calling her close friend Anita but her number didn't go through.

Susan lived in the halls of residence within the school campus and as were the rules, males were not allowed into the female hostels. So there was no way he could go to her room to check on her.
He didn't have the contacts of any other friend of hers so he had no one to ask of her whereabouts.
His only option was to pay her a visit at her department the next day.

He wondered why her phone was switched off. Unlike him who lived off campus, there was always power in the hostels within the school premises.
Was Susan's battery down? If it was then charging her phone shouldn't be a problem. Was her phone stolen? If it was stolen then she should have found a way to get through to him.
All these thoughts ran through his mind as he tried to focus all his attention on the task at hand.

He stood up from his bed and moved towards a mirror hooked to the wall at one corner of the room.
He smirked as he saw his reflection in the rectangular glass. Over the past few years he had really grown into a handsome young man. He ran his hands slowly across his face as he felt his firm facial hair.
He had nicely cut hair that perfectly suited his light skin tone.
He had handsome facial features and a warm assuring smile that melted the hearts of many ladies.
He also had a well built upper torso that was testament of hours spent working out.

He turned his gaze away from the mirror and move to his bed and picked up his phone from his bed. It was already past 9am. He crept beside the bed as he scrolled through his message log.
As he turned to continue with his assignment, he had a heavy knock on his door.

3 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Dark Soul (The Tumult Of A Girl's Mind) by Nobody: 10:01am On Jun 09, 2015
*gets tea n sandwich*

Nice read misssclassy , actually enjoyed it

I want more sad
Re: Dark Soul (The Tumult Of A Girl's Mind) by Nobody: 10:10am On Jun 09, 2015
LadyBoss1:
*gets tea n sandwich*
Nice read misssclassy , actually enjoyed it
I want more sad
Thanks cheesy I will try to update frequently.

1 Like

Re: Dark Soul (The Tumult Of A Girl's Mind) by Nobody: 10:10am On Jun 09, 2015
Re: Dark Soul (The Tumult Of A Girl's Mind) by Nobody: 10:15am On Jun 09, 2015
misssclassy:

Thanks cheesy
I will try to update frequently.
Pls do
look forward to it
Re: Dark Soul (The Tumult Of A Girl's Mind) by MzzTega(f): 3:40pm On Jun 09, 2015
Yepppaa! cheesy. Been waiting,nice one

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dark Soul (The Tumult Of A Girl's Mind) by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jun 09, 2015
so missclassy can write this good?

vocab is sound & the storytelling is unfuckwitable, save for some little grammatical errors & typos.
it's boxers or boxer-shorts - not 'boxer'.
'unmade' shouldn't also have a prefix.

I also think you are being too punctilious & persnickety with your narration.
for example, half of your last update was telling us of what size Charles's laptop screen was or how his phone charger laid on a plastic table.
I'm not saying it's not good, but try cut down the not too important details, and be as direct as possible.

also, try employing the use of similes & other figurative devices to spice up your script & make it more Interesting. similes are all around us, you just have to think deeply.

thanks ✘

1 Like

Re: Dark Soul (The Tumult Of A Girl's Mind) by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jun 10, 2015
More! more ! ! More !!!

Give me more misssclassy smiley

Nice job , I say wink
Re: Dark Soul (The Tumult Of A Girl's Mind) by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jun 10, 2015
More! more ! ! More !!!

Nice job , I say wink
Re: Dark Soul (The Tumult Of A Girl's Mind) by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jun 10, 2015
MzMayD:
More! more ! ! More !!!

Nice job , I say wink
Thanks cheesy wink
Re: Dark Soul (The Tumult Of A Girl's Mind) by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jun 10, 2015
MzMayD:
More! more ! ! More !!!

Nice job , I say wink
Thanks cheesy wink
Re: Dark Soul (The Tumult Of A Girl's Mind) by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jun 10, 2015
Following smiley
Re: Dark Soul (The Tumult Of A Girl's Mind) by Mhizizzy(f): 7:41am On Jun 11, 2015
Misssclassy writes shocked

M gon follow to d end

Nice start tho

We only hope u finish it...
Re: Dark Soul (The Tumult Of A Girl's Mind) by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jun 11, 2015
Chapter Four
Susan's heart pounded speedily like the hooves of a horse on a race track. She was about to move her incisors and well formed canine towards the direction of the hairy arm grasping her hands tightly and bite ferociously into it, but she immediately hesitated as she heard quick footsteps emerge from the hut.

A sudden sense of fear ran through her like a chill of an icy wind as the younger man who had carried her exited the hut.

"Can we bring her in now?" the man holding her asked in optimism.
"Yes we can," the other younger man replied.
He turned towards the guard, looked into his eyes and nodded his head. He pulled the curtain at the entrance of the hut to the side and the other man pulled Susan into the room like a mother would do to a stubborn child.

As Susan entered the room, emotions flashed across her face like the sweep of sun-rent clouds over a quiet landscape.
She looked around the room petrified almost to tears.

The room was wider than the one she had been.
It was well lit with flamed torches hanging at at each sides of the room. The black painted walls were covered with native drawings in white and red. Sculptural art works in wood and small calabashes were scattered all around the room.

A carved structure made of bronze with the head and horns of a ram but the body of man was positioned at the front of the room, with arms folded and legs crossed like in a yoga gesture.
Around it were small wooden frameworks that looked like human forms and other ornaments and herbs.

A white cloth hanged over it and a big pot with a milky substance was at it's side.
Two doors where located at the left and right of the room.
One of them was covered with a black curtain while the other wasn't.
The room was haunted with an incessant echoing like some cavern.

There was a screeching sound heard and the door at the left shifted slowly and a man walked into the room.
He was dark-skinned and in his sixties. He was tall and thin with an un-kept grey hair that served as a testament of his old age.
He was dressed in a white cloth that was tied on his waist like how women tired wrappers.
There were drawings and marks on his chest arms, stomach and face.

He walked straight to the front of the room and faced the carved structure without paying any cognizance to the presence of three people that stood in the middle of the room.

He bent down slowly and picked up a stick that had a horsetail joined at the end. He dipped it into the red substance in pot and sprinkled it on the carved structure in front of him.
He spoke some words in a strange tongue and turned in slow motion towards Susan and the two men.

He walked leisurely towards them and waved a hand gesture at two men. Immediately, the older man left the room while the younger man moved some steps back towards the entrance and stood akinbo.

The man then turned his gaze towards Susan. He looked at her with a bland expressionless stare.
She was silent. Standing before him like a statuesque figure.
She felt her heart leave her chest as he gazed at her like a star into the morning light.
He peered microscopically into the epithelial cells on her face, as if for looking a laceration of any kind.

Instantaneously, he smiled and began to laugh with a sibilant laugh which resembled the hiss of a cobra.
He laughed louder and danced around the room like a man in a swarm of hornets
He danced rhythmically towards the front of the room and stopped at the front of the carved structure.

Susan's expression changed with the rapidity of a kaleidoscope.
She tried to move but she couldn't. It was like a force was holding her still. She tried to talk but she wasn't able to voice out words.
This was definitely the end, she thought.

"Take her in," the old man shouted with a loud voice, still facing the figure.
In an instant, the other man moved forward towards Susan and grabbed her arms pulling her towards the curtained door at the right.

Susan noticed that the strange force that had kept her from moving or talking had left her
"Please what do you want with me?. Leave me alone," she screamed as the man held her arm.
"Shut up. Didn't I warn you not to talk here?" the man shouted at her in an angry tone.
He pulled the black cloth used to cover the door with his left hand, then moved to unlock it and pushed it gently open.
He pulled her into the room and closed the door behind them.

The room was well lit up with flamed torches and more illumination was provided as the silver moon, like a new stamped coin rode triumphantly across the sky.
But unlike the former room, this one was without any form of decoration. There were no sculptures, no art work, no drawings on the wall.

Susan could perceive a strong stench that enveloped the whole room.
It was so strong she had to use her weary hands to cover her nose.
As she looked around the room, her gaze caught something at a corner of the room and a cold fear crept over her like a thousand thorns.
She almost fainted as her brain interpreted the message sent from the optic nerves in her eyes.

She stared hopelessly at the pile of headless bodies heaped together at a corner. The bodies were mumbled together on top of each other and congealed blood was scattered on and around the bodies.
"Oh my God, oh My God," Susan cried. Her voice was like mournful bells crying in the wind.
"Arrrrh!" She shouted loudly, as she laid her eyes on what looked familiar.
She felt a force on her face and she fell helplessly on the floor.

"Didn't I tell you to keep quiet?" The man beside her shouted furiously after he had given her a dirty slap.
Susan crawled on the floor slowly and tiredly as tears dripped from both her eyes. She tried to hold herself from making any sound but she couldn't.
She knew what she saw. 'That was Anita. That was her best friend. She recognized her body shape, along with the dress she had worn when they both left school that day. There was no mistake, it was her.
But there she was, dead and beheaded.

Tears fell over her cheeks like a fretful stream over boulders as she tried to get on her feet, her eyes still fixed on Anita's headless figure.
As she was half standing, she heard the door open as footsteps marched into the room.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Dark Soul (The Tumult Of A Girl's Mind) by damiperry(f): 3:15pm On Jun 11, 2015
I hope she finds a way to escape....
Re: Dark Soul (The Tumult Of A Girl's Mind) by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jun 11, 2015
damiperry:
I hope she finds a way to escape....

I hope so too sad
Re: Dark Soul (The Tumult Of A Girl's Mind) by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jun 11, 2015
I'll read and get in touch with you, ma.
I hope to amelioratee my scribbling skill from you.
Re: Dark Soul (The Tumult Of A Girl's Mind) by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jun 11, 2015
Nice work, missclassy....Is this your first time of writing?

Now, I think you're over-doing the description thing, try to cut some irrelevant one, it makes it boring, you used a whole paragraph to describe CHARLES!

But hey, its my opinion, and it MAY not count!

Following!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dark Soul (The Tumult Of A Girl's Mind) by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jun 11, 2015
kitchirpy:
Nice work, missclassy....Is this your first time of writing?

Now, I think you're over-doing the description thing, try to cut some irrelevant one, it makes it boring, you used a whole paragraph to describe CHARLES!

But hey, its my opinion, and it MAY not count!

Following!!!

Yes, this is my first time of writing..... And yes, your opinion counts.

Thanks for following. smiley
Re: Dark Soul (The Tumult Of A Girl's Mind) by Nobody: 7:23pm On Jun 11, 2015
Omg susan

Chai felt like i was there ...

Keep it up ...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dark Soul (The Tumult Of A Girl's Mind) by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jun 11, 2015
misssclassy:

Yes, this is my first time of writing..... And yes, your opinion counts.

Thanks for following. smiley
Wow! You write so well!
And thank you for sharing this story smiley
Re: Dark Soul (The Tumult Of A Girl's Mind) by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jun 11, 2015
kitchirpy:
Wow! You write so well! And thank you for sharing this story smiley
smiley
Re: Dark Soul (The Tumult Of A Girl's Mind) by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jun 11, 2015
kitchirpy:
Wow! You write so well! And thank you for sharing this story smiley
smiley
Re: Dark Soul (The Tumult Of A Girl's Mind) by penplayer: 7:58pm On Jun 11, 2015
Sweetheart, don't get too flowery. Nice work there. Keep it up.
Re: Dark Soul (The Tumult Of A Girl's Mind) by Nobody: 9:37am On Jun 12, 2015
Have u droped the next chapter?

Classy we need to know what happened to susan cry

1 Like

Re: Dark Soul (The Tumult Of A Girl's Mind) by samtep(m): 10:47am On Jun 12, 2015
i beg cntinue dis thng for me na na now oo, if nt, if i vex eern, dat thng wey happen 1941 go repeat imself, lol.... Still followin miss, nice work
Re: Dark Soul (The Tumult Of A Girl's Mind) by MzzTega(f): 10:53am On Jun 12, 2015
LadyBoss1:
Have u droped the next chapter?

Classy we need to know what happened to susan cry

Ssssssh!! I know what happened to her,Missclasssy told me tongue

Re: Dark Soul (The Tumult Of A Girl's Mind) by Nobody: 10:54am On Jun 12, 2015
MzzTega:

Ssssssh!! I know what happened to her,Missclasssy told me tongue

Lol thats not fair now
Re: Dark Soul (The Tumult Of A Girl's Mind) by MzzTega(f): 11:28am On Jun 12, 2015
LadyBoss1:

Lol thats not fair now

Lol. She'll Update soon,i guess.

Missclasssy come and tell them what you told me oo
Re: Dark Soul (The Tumult Of A Girl's Mind) by Nobody: 11:31am On Jun 12, 2015
MzzTega:

Lol. She'll Update soon,i guess.

Missclasssy come and tell them what you told me oo

Okies

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ode: A Yoruba Urban Fantasy / Troubled Series......the Best Romantic Story Of The Year / Website For Downloading Novels For Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.