Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,843 members, 7,820,934 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:58 AM

Dark Soul (The Tumult Of A Girl's Mind) - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Dark Soul (The Tumult Of A Girl's Mind) (7240 Views)

DARK MYSTERIES: SEASON 1 / Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette / IN The DARK (A Story Of Love,betrayal And Survival) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dark Soul (The Tumult Of A Girl's Mind) by Nobody: 11:59am On Jun 12, 2015
MzzTega:

Lol. She'll Update soon,i guess.

Missclasssy come and tell them what you told me oo
tongue
Re: Dark Soul (The Tumult Of A Girl's Mind) by MzzTega(f): 12:25pm On Jun 12, 2015
misssclassy:

tongue
We are waiting smiley
Re: Dark Soul (The Tumult Of A Girl's Mind) by AndreRose(f): 12:31pm On Jun 12, 2015
Misssclassy...having painstakingly combed through the few chapters you have written, I must say you are good. Thumb up.
Re: Dark Soul (The Tumult Of A Girl's Mind) by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jun 12, 2015
AndreRose:
Misssclassy...having painstakingly combed through the few chapters you have written, I must say you are good. Thumb up.

Thanks.
Re: Dark Soul (The Tumult Of A Girl's Mind) by AndreRose(f): 12:37pm On Jun 12, 2015
misssclassy:

Thanks.
You are welcome.
Keep the thriller thrilling.
I love thriller.
Re: Dark Soul (The Tumult Of A Girl's Mind) by Nobody: 11:47am On Jun 15, 2015
Chapter Five
"Abomination! Abomination!" These words came out of the old man's mouth like a poisonous venom aimed at a prey, as he walked into the room.
His countenance bore signs of anger and his bloodshot eyes were filled with rage and deep seated pain.
He turned towards susan who was still trying to get on her feet whilst crying profusely, and stared deeply into her sorrowful eyes.

"Who are you?" He asked. "What is your name?" He asked again, without even waiting for her reply to his first question.

"My name is Susan," She replied confused and immensely afraid.

"Susan or whatever your name is, you are an abomination to yourself and everyone around you. How dare you come here to desecrate the holiness of this shrine," The man said with a voice as sharp as thunder.

"Osadolo!" The old man spoke out loudly, his gaze still fixed on susan.
"Yes wise one," The man positioned at the door replied.
"This girl is an violation to sacredness of this altar and to the great Obilogo. Take her out of this shrine and send her away.
She can die in the forest if she wants to, but not by our hands and definitely not in this shrine"

"Wise one what is it? What really happened?" Osadolo asked with mixed feelings of confusion and surprise.

"Do what I said and send her away. Stop asking questions. Just do as I said," The old man replied in a feat of rage.
"But wise one, shouldn't I wait till Obuwo comes?" Osadolo asked again.

"Didn't you listen to what I just said? Take her out of this shrine and send her away.
"Yes wise one" Osadolo replied obligingly.

Susan was bewildered. Her face changed with each turn of their talk like a wheat-field under a summer breeze
Everything was just seeming like a dream to her. Her thoughts ran into more tears like sunshine into rain.

The old man turned his gaze towards susan one more time, looked into her weak eyes and spat heavily on her face. He then turned towards the door and walked hastily out of the room.

Susan used her hands to clean of the smear of smelly saliva that had dripped from her fore head to the tip of her nose.
She still had her eyes on Anita's mutilated corpse. Everything was just starting to seem like a nightmare. She just wished she could wake up and be comforted knowing it was just a dream.
But it wasn't a dream. Everything was real and it was unfolding right before her eyes.

In an instant, emotions of awe, agitation and a vague sense of relief buzzed through her.
She didn't know what to make of the words she had just heard. Was she initially meant to be beheaded just like the others? Why the sudden change of decision?
Why was the man so angry and why did he refer to her as an abomination?
Susan was pulled out of her river of thoughts as she felt a touch on her arm.

Osadolo put in his hands around the flesh covering her humerous and pulled her towards himself.
Susan noticed his grip wasn't as strong as the last time.
"Come with me," He said, as he turned towards the door and led her out of the room.

As he pulled Susan out of the hut, he wondered what could have made the old man not to complete the final ritual so she could be sacrificed like the others.
How was she an abomination?
This hadn't happened before and it was really befuddling.

As they exited the hut, he leaned towards the guard and whispered something into his ears. The guard immediately stared at Susan with a weird, angry look and resumed his straight gaze.

Osadolo wanted to get this through with.
He could feel a sudden sense of fear creep into him. He wondered what could have really happened that caused the sudden change of plans.
For now, all he wanted to do was lead the girl through the forest and out of the area just as the old man had said.

"Where are you taking me to?" Susan asked, her voice faint as a leaf upon an ocean.
"Be quiet please. I am taking you out of here. You are free to go"
"What happened? Why was I different from everyone else?
What is wrong with me?" Susan inquired with a soft and tender mutter.

"I don't know. I am just doing what the old man said" Osadolo replied

He immediately untied a black cloth that he used as an arm band and put in around Susan's eyes.

"What are you doing?" Susan cried.
"Just shut up?" He replied angrily.

He tied it tightly around both her eyes and made sure there was no possibility of sight.
Susan was used to being blindfolded but this time it was different. From every indication the blindfold was to make sure she wasn't able to trace her way back to this habitation if she ever wanted to in the future.

"Okay, now I am going to guide you through this forest and when I reach a particular place, I will remove the blind fold and show you the direction to take, alright" The man said.

A swift chilling breeze ran through her like a serpent as she heard his words.
Was she going to be left all alone to find her way through thick forest in this cold, dark night? She thought.

He pulled her towards himself, lifted her up and placed her gently on his right shoulder. He then carried her towards a foot path at the edge of the forest enclosing where they stayed and moved slowly along it.
The forest was so black and dense, admitting so little light.
There was no other than the footpath which they took. It was narrow and hemmed the forest at both sides.

Osadolo walked gently as he carried Susan on his shoulders with her arms swinging from side to side.
There was only a small illumination provided by the full moon but he moved through the bushes like he had night vision goggles on.
He had mastered these woods through his years of working for his boss, so whether it was day or night, he was able to navigate his way.

Susan could feel enormous pain and weakness all over her and a certain numbness growing on her arms and feet. She was tired and she felt a bit of comfort being carried in that manner.
She could hear sounds of insects, birds and small animals on trees, but the images she had seen earlier still clenched tightly on her thoughts.

After a few minutes, Osadolo stopped and lifted Susan off his shoulders and onto the ground that had been covered by fallen leaves from the trees hanging above.
He helped Susan to her feet and carefully removed the black material from around her eyes.

"Now listen to me. You will go straight along this path and you will keep on going straight till you see a concrete road and from there you find your way," Osadolo instructed pointing to a path ahead of them.

The forest was dark and dense. Susan tried to make use of the dim light provided by the full moon as she peered into the direction she had been shown.
She nodded her head in response to the words he said and fixed firmly on the path he had instructed her to go.

"Okay my work is done. I don't know why you were rejected but one thing I know for sure is that you are very special. Good luck" He said and turned back and walked away towards the direction he had come.

Susan turned and watched him walk away into the thickness of the night as he slowly disappeared like shapes breathed on a mirror.
She was all alone now. She could feel the cold breeze on her skin and it sent a chill through her spine.
The words of the man kept ringing in her ears like the toiling of a bell. She was deeply frightened. She could hear different sounds around her, mostly from the branches in the trees above her.
She looked up at the sky. She saw the stars scattered across the clouds. She wished she could just ascend into the clouds and be carted away from this nightmare.

She moved forward through the path she had been told to follow and tried to navigate her way through the trees, fallen branches, and grasses.
After walking for a few minutes, she heard a distant sound which sounded less distant with every passing second.
It appeared to be like quick footsteps and it seemed to be gradually approaching her direction.
She increased her pace and darted swiftly through the bush path like an antelope chased by a hungry jaguar.

She came to an abrupt halt and fell limply on the floor as she collided forcefully with a tree.
A smear of blood flowed across her forehead and onto the sides of her face. She tried to get up but the heaviness and pain she felt on her head was too much for her.
As she lay on the ground helplessly, all she could feel was silence brooding over her like a gentle spirit over the still and pulseless world, silence that seemed heavy and dark, like a passing cloud.
She drifted away into vague thoughts that streamed shapelessly across her mind, as her weak eyelids slowly gave way and closed shut.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dark Soul (The Tumult Of A Girl's Mind) by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jun 16, 2015
So, Anita died. Well, isn't that unlucky grin

Nice writing skills. However dark. I could never go this dark in my writing. Killing of a character is a very emotional experience for most authors.

Following. cool
Re: Dark Soul (The Tumult Of A Girl's Mind) by Ragner(m): 9:44pm On Jun 16, 2015
Misssclassy is writing too?? I'll surely read this!
Re: Dark Soul (The Tumult Of A Girl's Mind) by classyalabolas: 9:35am On Jun 18, 2015
missclassy should come update before I slap her now ✘
Re: Dark Soul (The Tumult Of A Girl's Mind) by nikkiehan(f): 9:53pm On Jun 20, 2015
waiting for d nxt chapter
Re: Dark Soul (The Tumult Of A Girl's Mind) by nikkiehan(f): 9:54pm On Jun 20, 2015
waiting for d nxt chapter o
Re: Dark Soul (The Tumult Of A Girl's Mind) by Nobody: 11:14pm On Jun 23, 2015
Reading this and sleeping alone in the house with the lights off is not a good idea at all.....

Well done misssclassy smiley

1 Like

Re: Dark Soul (The Tumult Of A Girl's Mind) by Nobody: 5:15am On Jun 24, 2015
standd:
Reading this and sleeping alone in the house with the lights off is not a good idea at all.....

Well done misssclassy smiley

grin

Thanks standd. smiley
Re: Dark Soul (The Tumult Of A Girl's Mind) by Shebarh(f): 1:04pm On Jun 24, 2015
nice story classy but really wished Anita didn't die cry
Re: Dark Soul (The Tumult Of A Girl's Mind) by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jun 24, 2015
Shebarh:
nice story classy but really wished Anita didn't die cry

cry
Re: Dark Soul (The Tumult Of A Girl's Mind) by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jun 24, 2015
Chapter Six
The man walked slowly towards the figure he had seen from afar.
He had just started his morning routine of picking up herbs from the bushes close to where he lived, when he noticed a vague figure that appeared to be the body of a human lying unconscious at a distance from where he stood.

He had decided against checking out what he saw, but the wave of curiosity swept over him with a force he couldn't resist.
When he was a metre's length from the motionless figure, he paused and looked around him as if envisaging an ambush.
After studying the environment closely and carefully, he took two steps forward and crept beside the still body of Susan.

He stared keenly at her from head to toe and then placed his hands on her neck to check if she still had a pause.
He felt a faint pounding movement as his fingers pressed gently on her jugular. A feel of relief crawled over him as he discovered that she was still alive.

Even in her state of unconsciousness, she still looked to be in distress.
Her face was covered with curdled blood that had spread from the cut on her forehead. Dust and particles from the stem of a tree, along with small fragments grass were scattered around her face.
Her blouse was stained with smears of blood and her jeans trousers were covered with mud and dust.

As he stared at her, he wondered what could have happened to this young girl for her to have found herself in such a horrendous and awful situation
He tapped her upper arm gently as he tried to wake her up.
"Hey, young lady, hey," He said faintly, tapping her arm gently.
Instantaneously, Susan moved her head slightly as her eyelids slowly opened like the petals of a flower.
She tilted her head toward the direction of the bearded face in front of her as she immediately gave an expression of shock and surprise.
"Arrrh!" She shouted, as she saw the full figure of the man creeping in front of her.

"Leave me alone. leave me alone," She screamed as she crawled backwards in a bid to move away from where the man was.

"Hey, I am a friend. I don't want to hurt you," The man said, as he gave a solemn smile.
"Who are you? Where am I?" Susan asked still shrieking with fear.

"I just found you lying unconscious here. How did you even find yourself in this bushes?" The man inquired.

In an instant, memories of the events of the past few days flooded through Susan's thoughts.
She could remember vividly everything that had occurred.
She paused and tried to stand on her feet, her eyes still fixed on the man.
She was felt weaker than she was the previous night. She could feel a sharp pain on her forehead and several other pains and discomfort from bruises and injuries all over her body.

"Let me help you up," The man said, as he noticed she was having trouble getting up on her feet.
He moved towards her, put his left arm around her waist and his right arm around below her buttocks and help her up.

He perceived a strong repulsive stench that oozed from her body, noticeably from under her arms as he pulled her up.
He really felt sorry for her. She was covered in dirt from head to toe and her face and hair were messed up and tattered.
He wondered why a pretty young lady like this would be subjected to this kind of gruesome wickedness.

"Where do you live? How did you find yourself here?" The man inquired once again.

"I was abducted by some men. They were to use me for ritual purposes, but for reasons known only to them, they set me free last night.
One of the men showed me a path to follow that he said would lead me to the roadside.
I tried to adhere to his instruction and direction, but as I was walking through the bushes in the thick of the night, I heard a sound that sounded like quick footsteps approaching my direction and I was scared.
I didn't know what it was so I decided to run.
As I was running, I collided with a tree and fell down here.
"That's the tree I collided with," She said, pointing to a tall palm tree in front of her.

"Do you know the location of the hide out of these ritualists you talked about?" He asked

"No, I was blindfolded and carried away from the location. I can't trace my way back there," She replied.

"So where do you stay? Where were you abducted from?" He questioned.

"I attend University of Benin, Ugbowo campus, along Ugbowo road, Benin city.
I stay within the school vicinity. My friend and I were in a bus on our way to the market to buy some food stuff, when were abducted," She replied.

"And where is your friend now?" He asked.

A tear like silver glistened at the corner of Susan's eye as the man's question hit her.
She remembered Anita and how she had last seen her; Mutilated like an mere animal.

"Oh I am so sorry," The man said, as he noticed the tears streaming from her eyes.

"Your school is a bit far from here but I will help you find your way,"He said, trying to see if he could present her with some sort of comfort.

"Come with me so I would have you cleaned up and your wounds attended to.
Then I will help you find you way back to your school," He said.

Susan stared at the man as he said those words. He seemed like a nice person. She wanted to decline his offer and find her way herself, but she decided not to.
She knew she couldn't help herself much. She was hungry, thirsty and tired. A migraine was setting in and the scorching heat of the sun was taking it's full effect on her wounded skin.
The best thing to do was to follow the man who was willing to help her.

"Okay, thank you so much for trying to help," She said, as she felt a sharp pain in her throat.

"What's the problem?" The man asked as Susan coughed heavily and painfully.
"It's nothing," She lied.
"Can you walk?" The man asked.
"I will try" Susan replied softly.
"Let me assist you," He said
He quickly put his arm around her shoulder and used the other arm to wrap firmly around her waist as he led her slowly through a foot path.

Charles got up got up from the bed and walked towards his door.
He wondered who could be knocking on his door at this time of the morning.
"Who is it?" He asked.
"It's me charles," A voice from the other side of the iron door replied.
Charles immediately recognized the masculine voice. He unlocked his door and his visitor walked in.

"Hey Emma, what's up". Charles said, as he shook hands with his friend and locked the door behind him.

"I am cool", Emma replied.
This one you came to visit me this early morning, I hope all is well" Charles asked sarcastically.
"No problem, I just came to collect some PDF materials from you.
I lost the flash drive where I had stored the materials I collected from the class rep and I just bought a new one," Emma answered.

You and this your careless attitude. When you go change? How many of my hard copy materials have you lost? Charles asked trying to tease his friend.

"Guy leave that thing. You no dey lose my own thing? Didn't you misplace my phone charger one time?" Emma said, trying to vindicate himself.

"Just that one time. You are even bringing up something that happened in 100 level. That's two years ago bro. You lost my material on Circuits last week" Charles replied.

"Okay, okay, I have heard. I will try to change," Emma said, knowing that he had lost the small tussle.

"I don't think you can change anymore. It has already become part of you" Charles said.

"Eh, we will see about that. Only time will tell," Emma replied.

"What are you even working on?" Emma asked, as he turned towards his friend's laptop on the bed where he was sitting.

"It's the auto-cad assignment. I am still trying to finish up before the deadline," Charles replied.
"Are you done with yours?" He asked.

"Yes, I finished mine last night. I will submit it as soon as I go back to my hostel.
That reminds me. What about that your girlfriend, Susan? Have you heard from her?" Emma inquired.

"Guy, I don't know. I am really confused about the whole thing. That's even one of the reasons why I haven't finished this assignment since," Charles replied with a worrisome look.

So you mean she hasn't called or texted you since friday?" Emma asked, surprised.

"She hasn't. I tried calling her and getting through to her but I haven't been able to. I even tried reaching her through her close friend, Anita, that one with the big backside that she is always with, but her line isn't going through.
I have left both of them tons of messages on Whatsapp and BBM, but yet, non of them have replied any.
The thing just tire me," Charles replied.

"Are you sure the both of them aren't somewhere running things? You know how this girls are now. Bearing in mind that it's weekend when the have time on their hands," Emma said.

"No, Susan isn't like that. I know her. Even at that, she should have found a way to contact me.
We were to meet on the evening of friday and she didn't show up. At least, she should have called me because she knows I will be worried.
I am just having a bad feeling about all this. The only option I have is to go to her faculty tomorrow, maybe one of her classmates may know something about her whereabouts or she might even be around," Charles said.

"No need to get yourself worked up about this whole thing. See as you just dey let girl matter dey trouble you. Na wa o.
Don't worry, she is fine wherever she is, I am sure of that.
Abeg, just send me this files make I dey go," Emma said.

Emma handed over the small flash drive to his friend who inserted it in a rectangular hole at the right side of his laptop.
After he was done sending the files to the flash drive, he handed it over to his friend who immediately left the room.

Charles locked the door again and slid on his bed to continue his assignment.
He hadn't been alone for more than fifteen minutes, when he had another knock on the door.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dark Soul (The Tumult Of A Girl's Mind) by MzzTega(f): 3:05pm On Jun 24, 2015
FINALLY!
Thank God for Susan. Charles be cool,she's safe now.
Weldone Miss.

1 Like

Re: Dark Soul (The Tumult Of A Girl's Mind) by Shebarh(f): 4:53pm On Jun 24, 2015
guess dis story is going a long way
Re: Dark Soul (The Tumult Of A Girl's Mind) by nikkiehan(f): 10:43am On Jun 26, 2015
continue misssclassy m really enjoying d novel
Re: Dark Soul (The Tumult Of A Girl's Mind) by Nobody: 11:43am On Jun 26, 2015
nikkiehan:
continue misssclassy m really enjoying d novel

cheesy cheesy
Re: Dark Soul (The Tumult Of A Girl's Mind) by pickabeau1: 2:01pm On Jun 26, 2015
good story so far misssclassy

On the narratives, very good use.. I agree with the amount of time spent. reminds me of Stephn King
However I think you need to spend more time with the description of movements especially bodily, one gets lost following how or whether Susan was moved,carried or pushed

Also I think you should get someone to help proofread and edit before you publish

Good job

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sex & Fasting – Final Episode (the Fight Of Conscience ) / The Angele Of The Fallen / Must Read: Bra Boi (18+) - Full Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.