Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,665 members, 7,816,716 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:51 PM

Photos: Wicked Father Sells Two-year-old Son For N450k - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Photos: Wicked Father Sells Two-year-old Son For N450k (635 Views)

Heartbreaking Story Of A Starving Two-year-old Nigerian Boy / » Photos: Wicked People Forcefully Remove This Boy Two Eyes In North / Acres Of Land For Sale At Ofada Owode Axis Oppt Rccg Camp For N450k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Photos: Wicked Father Sells Two-year-old Son For N450k by oludashmi(f): 5:13am On Jun 05, 2015
A 29-year-old man, Kanayo Awurum, who resides in Egbe, Ikotun area of Lagos, has been arrested by the Lagos State Police Command for selling his son for N450,000.

Kanayo sold the boy to three women – Nkechi Obi, Cecilia Nwatu and Gladys Nwobodo, in Port Harcourt but lied to his wife, Kelechi that he took their 2 years old son, Samuel, to stay with his relative in Port Harcourt.

When interrogated, he said his friend, Emmanuel, who is still at large, advised him to sell off his son when he had financial difficulties.

He said, “I met Kelechi in our secondary school days in 2005. It was in 2010 that we started living together. In December 2012, she gave birth to Samuel. We were then living in Owerri, Imo State. I was working as a painter and also acted in movies. I was an upcoming actor so I was not well paid.

“From 2014, I started to have financial difficulties, and I wanted to come to Lagos to hustle. The idea to sell my child came in March 2015 when I finally decided to travel to Lagos. It was a friend, Emmanuel, who linked me to the women. I asked him to lend some money to me and he said I should use what I had to get what I wanted.

“I did not tell my wife that I wanted to sell our child. I lied to her that one of the women who came was my elder sister in Port Harcourt and our son was going to stay with her. My wife did not like the idea, but I convinced her that it was for our good.

“So, when we came to Lagos, we rented an apartment on Oluwaseyi Street in the Egbe area of Lagos. I was paid N450,000 for the boy. That was what I used to pay for the rent.”

28 years old Kelechi however told her own side of the story, “Samuel was two years and two months old when Kanayo said he was taking him to stay with his sister in Port Harcourt. In April, he went to Owerri for a painting work and promised that his sister would bring Samuel on a visit.

“On the day he promised, no one showed up. He also failed to come back to Lagos when he promised. I then told our landlord and one of his friends in Lagos, called Coach. Then, they agreed to trick my husband to come back home.

“When he arrived, they began to ask him questions and he later confessed that the boy was not actually with his relative. They went to report the matter at the Ikotun Police Division. That was how he was arrested.”

Remaining story and photo here >> http://www.nigerianheadlines.com/wicked-father-sells-two-year-old-son-for-n450k/

Re: Photos: Wicked Father Sells Two-year-old Son For N450k by kliq(m): 5:21am On Jun 05, 2015
oludashmi:
A 29-year-old man, Kanayo Awurum, who resides in Egbe, Ikotun area of Lagos, has been arrested by the Lagos State Police Command for selling his son for N450,000.

Kanayo sold the boy to three women – Nkechi Obi, Cecilia Nwatu and Gladys Nwobodo, in Port Harcourt but lied to his wife, Kelechi that he took their 2 years old son, Samuel, to stay with his relative in Port Harcourt.

When interrogated, he said his friend, Emmanuel, who is still at large, advised him to sell off his son when he had financial difficulties.

He said, “I met Kelechi in our secondary school days in 2005. It was in 2010 that we started living together. In December 2012, she gave birth to Samuel. We were then living in Owerri, Imo State. I was working as a painter and also acted in movies. I was an upcoming actor so I was not well paid.

From 2014, I started to have financial difficulties, and I wanted to come to Lagos to hustle. The idea to sell my child came in March 2015 when I finally decided to travel to Lagos. It was a friend, Emmanuel, who linked me to the women. I asked him to lend some money to me and he said I should use what I had to get what I wanted.

“I did not tell my wife that I wanted to sell our child. I lied to her that one of the women who came was my elder sister in Port Harcourt and our son was going to stay with her. My wife did not like the idea, but I convinced her that it was for our good.

“So, when we came to Lagos, we rented an apartment on Oluwaseyi Street in the Egbe area of Lagos. I was paid N450,000 for the boy. That was what I used to pay for the rent.”

28 years old Kelechi however told her own side of the story, “Samuel was two years and two months old when Kanayo said he was taking him to stay with his sister in Port Harcourt. In April, he went to Owerri for a painting work and promised that his sister would bring Samuel on a visit.

“On the day he promised, no one showed up. He also failed to come back to Lagos when he promised. I then told our landlord and one of his friends in Lagos, called Coach. Then, they agreed to trick my husband to come back home.

“When he arrived, they began to ask him questions and he later confessed that the boy was not actually with his relative. They went to report the matter at the Ikotun Police Division. That was how he was arrested.”

Remaining story and photo here >> http://www.nigerianheadlines.com/wicked-father-sells-two-year-old-son-for-n450k/
Poverty is a sin disease sad
Re: Photos: Wicked Father Sells Two-year-old Son For N450k by jeffizy(m): 5:29am On Jun 05, 2015
UPCOMING ACTOR, This film wey you come do for Lagos na best seller o!!

You should stay back in your village and work on your family farm land.

Instead , you decide to sell of your begotten son just to pay rent in Lagos.
You can bet your arse the house he rented with that amount may not even have facilities like toilet and drinkable water.

Why do people reason in such manner?
What if the boy manages to survive despite all odds to become a Dangote?
Worse still, what if he never gets a chance at becoming a father again?

The hearts of men are so vile.
Re: Photos: Wicked Father Sells Two-year-old Son For N450k by laurel03(m): 6:05am On Jun 05, 2015
Omo Ibooooo
Re: Photos: Wicked Father Sells Two-year-old Son For N450k by Pheals(f): 6:37am On Jun 05, 2015
Selling out tomorrow leaders

later they we say na devil

(1) (Reply)

Happy Birthday To The World's Greatest Footballer - Lionel Messi / Win A Chance To Record A Track With Jesse Jags In Emerging Stars Contest / Nollywood In The Making (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.