Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,520 members, 7,823,237 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:21 AM

40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria (48652 Views)

Fascinating Then And Now Photos Shows How Dubai Has Changed In Few Years. / Photos That Looks Fake But Are Really Real... / 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria by desmondDessi(m): 9:38am On Jun 08, 2015
we have seen this be4 on FP na
Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria by robosky02(m): 9:39am On Jun 08, 2015
good work op
Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria by abtmaviz(m): 9:40am On Jun 08, 2015
Amazing research.... Deep search mhen.... Naija gon be great again this I strongly bliv with time sha smiley
Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria by Dio1(m): 9:41am On Jun 08, 2015
mrham03:
nice pics o.p, it shows that the whites didnt do much for the naija people, they just came to exploit africa for riches.
Who do you think laid down the infrastructure you saw ? Before they came nothing of such existed , think wisely please ....
Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria by bbjummy: 9:43am On Jun 08, 2015
Nigeria, My Country
Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria by Reference(m): 9:45am On Jun 08, 2015
Shell retailing petrol and will have been running refineries if not for the visionless leaders who ran this country aground unfortunately heralded as democratic heroes today by ignorant citizens who donot know or care about their history that has so badly affected their present and will define their future.
Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria by jeremiahmarcus9(m): 9:45am On Jun 08, 2015
Buy a bag of dangote cement obajana factory plant , kogi state @#1000. purchase a trailer load of DANGOTE CEMENT at a low factory price #1000 per bag. we deliver to any pary of the country upon the customer(s) order, Delivered to your door step.*product:DANGOTE CEMENT(50KG)*ORIGIN:DANGOTE FACTORY.PRICE PER BAG;#1000 NAIRA ONLY,*TRAILER LOAD QTY:600 OR 900 BAGS. DURATION of delivery after order:2days *Transportation cost:depends on distance or your state Contact us now to place your order *TELEPHONE :08063268251, 07085831027. *EMAIL :dangotecementfactoryobajana@gmail.com

Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria by witken89(m): 9:45am On Jun 08, 2015
URGENT EMPLOYMENT!!!
HIGHCLASS GROUP OF COMPANIES NIGERIA LTD.
is a new consultancy firm established in
Owerri, Imo State Nigeria and needs to urgently employ only qualified persons to fill up these urgent vacant positions in the company;
1) Manager
2) Database manager
3) Business development Officer(BDO)
4) Receptionist
5) Software Engineer.
6) System Analyst
7) Site Supervisor
cool system engineers (5)
9) Lab Technicians
10) Drivers
11) Logistics/Procurement Officer
12) Cook(s)
13) Human Resource Officer (HRO)
14) Senior manager
15) Accountant
16) Network Engineer
17) Office Assistant(s)
18) Sales manager

REQUIREMENTS.
Nce, Ond, Hnd, Bsc, Btech, Msc, Phd & at least a good SSCE result.
Please Note:
1)Candidates Must be resident in either Imo, Abia, Anambra, Ebonyi, Enugu, States or within any south south states.
How to Apply:
interested persons should send their CV
to highclassplc@gmail.com, PMB 3039, or send the following: full name,
educational qualification(s), current location,
e-mail address, gender, phone number to the company's Human Resource(HR) on
08101690007. Only successful candidates would be
shortlisted and invited for the interview.
NOTE:
1)The interview date would be
communicated to ONLY shortlisted candidates.
2) Application closes on the 15th of june 2015.
Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria by mrham03(m): 9:45am On Jun 08, 2015
Dio1:

Who do you think laid down the infrastructure you saw ? Before they came nothing of such existed , think wisely please ....
dude, what u and i saw was built by nigerians. What are u talking about?
Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria by mimiejacobz(f): 9:47am On Jun 08, 2015
the roads were better then compared to now

1 Like

Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria by sukkot: 9:49am On Jun 08, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Hmmmm...top of the morning to you my kind sire. I no fit withstand this your knowledge of the bible, the thing pass me, it is way over my head grin grin
[b]hahaha all you need to know is that THE CURSE OF CANAAN is what is happening to negros in africa. we are canaanites. the bible is an allegory. so in this allegory this person was named jacob. he has had ancestors who were abraham and isaac and moses etc etc and these ancestors were not called ISRAEL. so it was when it got to his own generation that his name was changed to israel. so the question is can i change who you are in the middle of your existence ? can you be hausa for 10 generations and then in the 11th generation i decide you are no longer hausa but you are now yoruba ? is that possible ? and the reason i changed your name to yoruba is because you wrestled with a demonic angel and won. is that possible ? the bible is an allegory and the allegory behind that story is that only those who defeat satan will be accepted into the house of israel and be called israel. so israel is not a nationality. we are living under a concocted matrix of lies in the world today. and it is all prophesied in the bible that we will live under a matrix of lies concocted by the synagogue of satan in the last days. negros are canaanites and like 99 percent of us are under the curse of canaan. and there is like 1 percent of us who have been accepted into the house of israel and are currently under the deuteronomy curses till redemption. so negros as a specie are under two types of curses depending on if you are israel or canaan. the curse of canaan and the deuteronomy curses. so what you see happening to us is spiritual. bad leaders, no light, poverty, strife, diseases, starvation, the most hated, etc etc [/b]
Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria by Dio1(m): 9:50am On Jun 08, 2015
mrham03:
dude, what u and i saw was built by nigerians. What are u talking about?
Nope , most were built before the colonial masters left in 1960 , the decay started after they left

1 Like

Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria by MizMyColi(f): 9:52am On Jun 08, 2015
Rilwayne001:

YES INDEED, each time I see pics like this, I always have this feeling that I have once lived in those era. My first time in Lagos, Ketu precisely, I experienced this deja vu, I have been seeing those places in my dreams before stepping into Lag.

YES, I think it would be nice to live in those era.

But wait oooo...there's nothing like phone/internet shocked and so on...mehn its would be boring as hell grin ..

Naaaaa
We will adjust.
Lols.

or maybe we can port the internet to that time, just a little tweaking here and there.
Se grab?grin
Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria by mrham03(m): 9:55am On Jun 08, 2015
Dio1:

Nope , most were built before the colonial masters left in 1960 , the decay started after they left
i know they were built under the colonial rule but the builders were nigerians. Besides, most of this structures were built for comfort of the white people..... I know corruption became worse after independence but its still better than being under colonial rule.
Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria by Collinsemegreat(m): 9:55am On Jun 08, 2015
Is nigeria still beautiful like this?
Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria by Dio1(m): 9:57am On Jun 08, 2015
mrham03:
i know they were built under the colonial rule but the builders were nigerians. Besides, most of this structures were built for comfort of the white people..... I know corruption became worse after independence but its still better than being under colonial rule.
Built by nigerians not with Nigerian intellect , you sure didn't expect them to bring white labourers , colonial rule would be better as they care about their comfort and infrastructure, if the nigerian politician and leader cared about such today , we wouldn't be in this mess

1 Like

Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria by princemillla(m): 9:59am On Jun 08, 2015
Honestly, lagos is better off in 70's that what it is now

1 Like

Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria by balogunsam(m): 10:01am On Jun 08, 2015
Dio1:

Built by nigerians not with Nigerian intellect , you sure didn't expect them to bring white labourers , colonial rule would be better as they care about their comfort and infrastructure, if the nigerian politician and leader cared about such today , we wouldn't be in this mess

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU!!! Though i never experienced colonialism just like most of us did not too, but things were more organized and sane back then...unlike now

2 Likes

Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria by MzThormi(f): 10:03am On Jun 08, 2015
Wow.. Change is constant o.
Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria by Bigdreams(m): 10:03am On Jun 08, 2015
Nice pictures...

Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria by fpeter(f): 10:06am On Jun 08, 2015
Icecream4U:
"Hair braiding in Nigeria 1960" why is the picture colored?

omo i see that picture begin doubt too....cos it looked like something from the 90s considering the building and background.
Even the sign board with all the various hairstyles displayed, those were late 80s-90s hairstyles.
Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria by McDonalds2014(m): 10:12am On Jun 08, 2015
Yuppiee Nairalanders....Today is My Birthday! I implore you All to Celebrate with me...All I need is Just 100 likes...Thanks

7 Likes

Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria by dokyOloye: 10:25am On Jun 08, 2015
Chaii,Kano city was still a conglomeration of mud houses as at 1960.
Oil money is good ooo,no wonder some ppl do behave like regionalisation and Biafra means a death sentence to them.o
Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria by EmekaBlue(m): 10:26am On Jun 08, 2015
And people say Africa is going nowhere..na small small
Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria by ekiloui(f): 10:34am On Jun 08, 2015
bewla:
Nigeria they promising back then before una bring una yeye head .

See that fine yoruba mama beauties without bondry no make up mary kay

Woman wey wear red lipstick? U sure sey u dey see so?
Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria by Emary(f): 10:40am On Jun 08, 2015
What amazes me is how clean everywhere was, even the villages. When did we become so dirty?
Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria by ekiloui(f): 10:40am On Jun 08, 2015
Kingphillip I really like this thread, it shows how beautiful Nigeria was before the emergence of bad politicians. However, I'm not happy about the fact that almost all the 40 pics cover just Lagos and Ibadan and a few places in the north and the asaba-onitsha port. I'd have really loved to see how different parts of nigeria looked. Then again, good job
Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria by LaudGuy: 10:49am On Jun 08, 2015
Times have changed yet Nigeria isn't changing for the better collectively.

Meanwhile:

*A sizzling Hot Mixtape will be dropping on Nairaland on 31-12-15* ClimaXMusic
Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria by amdoyin82(m): 11:10am On Jun 08, 2015
Nice one. Gud to see dos old pixs.
Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria by ElSherriff: 11:11am On Jun 08, 2015
mrham03:
nice pics o.p, it shows that the whites didnt do much for the naija people, they just came to exploit africa for riches.
Do you see the types of buildings that were erected? Till this day they can compete with any in the world.
yet you say the whites did nothing...the theft the Nigerians entrusted with leading this nation carried out is much more than that of the whites.
Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria by nagoma(m): 11:12am On Jun 08, 2015
dokyOloye:
Chaii,Kano city was still a conglomeration of mud houses as at 1960.
Oil money is good ooo,no wonder some ppl do behave like regionalisation and Biafra means a death sentence to them.o

Wait until you see how the caves and the raffia huts your people were living in at that time.
Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria by stinggy(m): 11:15am On Jun 08, 2015
Mutuwa:
*Learning how to read and write in a village near Gwandu in the North west in the 50's

*Child education in the North pre independence..

Really that Sokoto school setting is pre-independence?
Civilization was earlier than I thought it did over there.

Cool.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Arinta Waterfalls, Ekiti State.(pictures/video) / Young Pilot Who Flew His Mother: "One Of The Best Days Of My Life" / My Weird & Creepy Experience At Erin Ijesha Waterfalls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.