Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,838 members, 7,810,223 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:38 AM

Coulpes Passwording Their Fones:wright Or Wrong - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Coulpes Passwording Their Fones:wright Or Wrong (22245 Views)

Husband Going To The Market For Wife - Right Or Wrong / My Aunty Gave Me Her Breast Milk To Drink: Right Or Wrong? / AT The Age Of 12 Her DAD Still Baths Her In The Bathroom. "Right Or Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coulpes Passwording Their Fones:wright Or Wrong by zheroes(m): 1:56pm On Jun 12, 2015
SAMBARRY:
If it is a sin brushing your teeth too is a sin so is washing your clothes. Nigerian pastors and lipsrsealed

smh
its not a sin to lock as long as your spouse knows your password, if you dey lock i guess both of you shouldn't even see each others unclothedness more like having a password to your privates right.

1 Like

Re: Coulpes Passwording Their Fones:wright Or Wrong by zheroes(m): 2:00pm On Jun 12, 2015
the few people i know that password are hiding something. if your spouse is cool with it fine keep on being strangers to yourselves. its your life
Re: Coulpes Passwording Their Fones:wright Or Wrong by korexdodo(m): 2:45pm On Jun 12, 2015
It is not HEALTHY to your marriage to give access of your phones to your spouse.
A human is entitled to a level of privacy in life.
Example , if you have a stalker and he gets your number and starts sending you love messages and your husband sees it, how do you curb the jealousy that will rise in him, even if he knows you are not having anything with the guy.
The truth is every woman has admirers that will still chase you even if you are married and in some cases its same with men, especially their ex girlfriends.
Opening up your phones so your spouse can see all those things is not healthy for your marriage .
You keep explaining everyday and how long will he/she belive you don't have nothing with the person?
Re: Coulpes Passwording Their Fones:wright Or Wrong by wisestman(m): 2:53pm On Jun 12, 2015
MarvellousGod:
I'm telling you. . The kinda marriage advice people give these days eehh.. making marriage seem like a battle field. . Privacy my as$.. if you need privacy, then remain single and nobody will hv access to your life issues. ..

Even if you lock your phone because of your kids or any other reason, your partner should know the password. ..
seriously its really getting out of hand the way people see marriages as if its like wearing trouser and if u feel like pulling it, u just go ahead or u do watever u feel like. its an institiution like a school, u prepare for it and wen u enter u still continue studying till u get the PHD/MASTERS/DEGREE at being FOREVER ONE....well i rest my case..Thank God my marriage is full of understanding in Oneness.....

1 Like

Re: Coulpes Passwording Their Fones:wright Or Wrong by sevule(m): 3:30pm On Jun 12, 2015
korexdodo:
It is not HEALTHY to your marriage to give access of your phones to your spouse.
A human is entitled to a level of privacy in life.
Example , if you have a stalker and he gets your number and starts sending you love messages and your husband sees it, how do you curb the jealousy that will rise in him, even if he knows you are not having anything with the guy.
The truth is every woman has admirers that will still chase you even if you are married and in some cases its same with men, especially their ex girlfriends.
Opening up your phones so your spouse can see all those things is not healthy for your marriage .
You keep explaining everyday and how long will he/she belive you don't have nothing with the person?

It is not healthy for your spouse to have your password? Really?
Even the example you gave has so many holes. If a woman has a stalker SHOULDN'T her husband be the first person to know? Don't you know that when a couple gets married they are no longer 2 individuals but ONE?
And why should a husband or wife be receiving amorous texts from admirers or exes? Don't you know how to tell the person to stop sending you texts?
Obviously your excuses holds no water. There is a saying that it is only a thief that runs when no one is chasing him. When a spouse decides to keep his or her phone password a secret it is often because they have something to hide.
Re: Coulpes Passwording Their Fones:wright Or Wrong by ohzee(f): 5:04pm On Jun 12, 2015
princesschloe:
I agree with you NobleG1, especially from the snooping part (dont wanna quote you, 'cos your write-up was quite lenghty. sure many pple didn't read to the end). But I just wanna say that no "one shoe size fit all" in marriage. As much as transparency and openess is encouraged in marriage, you need to study your spouse and be sure he/she is matured enough to deal with every piece of information before sharing. Its called emotional intelligence. You are not hiding basic info, but you are holding on to not-to-important info which may generate unecessary friction In your marriage. This institution called marriage is very complex and deep, a couple is made up of two different individuals with varying paradigm. views and opinions may not always be aligned, so you need not stir up trouble with what you know is not morally wrong, but may not align with your partner's views, ESPECIALLY WHEN IT DOESN'T AFFECT THE SMOOTH RUNNING OF THE HOME! I'm not in support of privacy in marriage, but I think we should know how far is too far, especially when dealing with an immature partner. you can't change or crucify an immature partner, you can only endure till the person grows up, but in the interrim you need a survival strategy to keep the home going. I have a wealth of experience in this, I just can't type all.
cc: NobleG1

This is the best opinion so far. All these young people believe trust is automatic and 100%. It takes years to build and maintain. It has nothing to do with love, but more with maturity, tolerance and commitment. Some people read meanings into all sorts of things. That will destroy the marriage faster than any real infidelity. In such cases please lock the phones until they grow up

2 Likes

Re: Coulpes Passwording Their Fones:wright Or Wrong by korexdodo(m): 9:59pm On Jun 12, 2015
sevule:

It is not healthy for your spouse to have your password? Really?
Even the example you gave has so many holes. If a woman has a stalker SHOULDN'T her husband be the first person to know? Don't you know that when a couple gets married they are no longer 2 individuals but ONE?
And why should a husband or wife be receiving amorous texts from admirers or exes? Don't you know how to tell the person to stop sending you texts?
Obviously your excuses holds no water. There is a saying that it is only a thief that runs when no one is chasing him. When a spouse decides to keep his or her phone password a secret it is often because they have something to hide.
. Obviously you are talking from a church counsel experience. Believe me even if you do your marriage a 1000 times you are still you and your wife is still a different human being. Forget that story of 2 become 1. And weather you pretend or not everyone has something you wouldn't like your spouse to know about you. The most important thing is you have a happy and lifetime lasting marriage. So keep things away from your spouse that might cause problems!
Re: Coulpes Passwording Their Fones:wright Or Wrong by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jun 12, 2015
Cypost:

So what exactly are you doing/looking for in the phone ab initio. That means you know be trust her be dt

Hian, which kind question be that

I didn't say I plan to cross check ma wife's phone on a daily basis. My point is that IT MUST BE OPEN OOOOOO.
Re: Coulpes Passwording Their Fones:wright Or Wrong by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jun 18, 2015
strenghtofawoman:

MY GRAND DAD TOLD ME THAT THE MAN DIES THE DAY HE GIVES OUT ALL THE THINGS HE KNOWS TO HIS WIFE OR ACCEPTS ALL THE SUGGESTION THAT COMES FROM HIS WIFE.. Is he still alive?

DO YOU WANT TO KIDNAP HIM.
Re: Coulpes Passwording Their Fones:wright Or Wrong by 400billionman: 12:57pm On Jun 29, 2015
Aprime:
Putting my self in your shoes -
If my wife should suggest this to me;

1. I
2. Will
3. Get
4. An
5. Immediate
6. Divorce.

Well there — dusted, divorced and alone, she can have all the privacy she needs. I don't care. Fúcking Bítch.

This was my biggest problem with my Ex when I was much younger. One can never see anything in that girls phone.

Anyway, she has been rewarded as a single mother. That is not ordinary.
Re: Coulpes Passwording Their Fones:wright Or Wrong by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jun 29, 2015
My and my bf password our fines which eachoda's name so.....who cares angry
Re: Coulpes Passwording Their Fones:wright Or Wrong by princesspinky(f): 12:31am On Jun 30, 2015
I password my phone because of my boy and hubby understand.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Are Some Wives Been Denied Next Of Kin Status By Their Husbands? / Do You Call Your Husband Daddy? / I Mistakenly Impregnanted My Wife's Sis And Cousin...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.