Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,132 members, 7,811,197 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:11 AM

What You Must Know About Bank Verification Number Otherwise Known As BVN - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What You Must Know About Bank Verification Number Otherwise Known As BVN (1576 Views)

CBN Says Account Holders Can Access Cash As BVN Deadline Ends Today / Huge Congestion Hit Banks As BVN Deadline Nears(see Photos) / 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What You Must Know About Bank Verification Number Otherwise Known As BVN by kindl0(m): 7:28pm On Jun 05, 2015
Are you yet to get your BVN? Are you reluctant about it? Does it look strange to you? Here’s all you’ll have to know.

Credits to Uwakwe Martin Mundus and BVN.

Uwakwe Mundus shares his story saying:

“Yesterday I went to an ATM here in Eket to withdraw money and I noticed that finger print scanners have been installed in all the machines. I know that’s part of the reason why CBN introduced the BVN for ease of transactions. So instead of walking around with your card, you go with your “fingers”. It’s not just ‘cashless’, it’s ‘cardless’ too ….lol.
Maybe before the end of the year you may not be able to give that Card to your friend going to the bank to help you withdraw. The days of one person, five ATM cards will soon be a thing of the past. The days of getting scared whenever you remember you are going to the ATM will also be a past soon. It’s between you and your fingerprint, nothing more.
Unfortunately, I am yet to get my BVN, despite tens of mails I have received from wannabe scammers telling me to do my BVN online. They forget that the ‘B’ in BVN stands for ‘Biometrics’ and that it can only be done when you physically present yourself to the bank.
I will be going to the bank early next week to do mine before my bank will start telling me “cock
and bull story”
Have you gotten your BVN?”

Please note, BVN IS NOT DONE ONLINE. GO TO YOUR BANK AND GET YOURS.

BVN WROTE:

With the increasing incidents of compromise on conventional security systems (password and PIN), there is a high demand for greater security for access to sensitive or personal information in the Banking System. In recent times, biometric technologies have been used to analyze human characteristics as an enhanced form of authentication for real-time security processes.

Biometrics refers to identifying an individual based on physiological or behavioral attributes – fingerprint, signature etc.

The Central Bank of Nigeria through the Banker’ Committee and in collaboration with all banks in Nigeria on February 14, 2014 launched a centralized biometric identification system for the banking industry tagged Bank Verification Number (BVN).

THE BENEFITS
BVN gives a unique identity that can be verified across the Nigerian Banking Industry (not peculiar to one Bank)
Customers Bank Accounts are protected from unauthorized access
It will address issues of identity theft, thus reduce exposure to fraud
The BVN will enhance the Banking Industry chances of being able to fish out blacklisted customers
Reduce queue in Banking Halls
Standardized efficiency of Banking operations
The Customers unique BVN is accepted as a means of identification across ALL Nigerian Banks

OBJECTIVES
The purpose of the project is to use biometric information as a means of first identifying and verifying all individuals that have account(s) in any Nigerian bank and consequently, as a means of authenticating customer’s identity at point of transactions.
To provide a uniform industrially accepted unique identity for Bank Customers
To authenticate transactions without the use of cards using only biometric features and PIN
Identification of blacklisted customers

WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT BVN
A unique ID number shall be issued to every Bank customer at enrolment and linked to every account that the customer has in ALL Nigerian Banks.
Individuals shall be required to submit an acceptable means of identification as prescribed for enrolment.
Customers of banks shall be required to enroll within a fixed period after which they shall no longer be able to operate their Bank accounts
Capturing of all ten (10) fingers and facial image will be adopted
For authentication purposes, individuals performing banking transactions (e.g applying for loans) shall be required to identify themselves using their biometric features which will be matched against information in the central database.
Update of customer information shall be done at their Bank Branches physically.
Banks shall be prompted during account opening and credit check if a customer has been blacklisted by ANY Nigerian Bank.
The BVN and unique features of an individual shall be used in conjunction with a PIN on a point of transaction.

HOW TO ENROLL
Walk into any branch of your Bank
Fill and submit the BVN Enrolment form.
Present yourself for data capturing (such as Fingerprint, facial Image etc)
An acknowledgment slip with the transaction ID is issued to you
Within 24hours the system confirms your application, your BVN is generated, and you receive an SMS for pickup.

CONTACT
If you have questions around the project or need information about how it affects you,
please Call: 01 448 5388; 448 5531 or contact your bank.

BVN and Uwakwe Martins

Please note that Central Bank Has Set 30 June 2015 as the deadline

www.gistdoor./2015/06/05/what-you-must-know-about-bank-verification-number-otherwise-called-bvn/

cc: lalasticlala
Re: What You Must Know About Bank Verification Number Otherwise Known As BVN by April07: 7:34pm On Jun 05, 2015
Figerprint ATM... Hian

Laziness will not let some of us do this BVN thingy and get it over with..

Dear CBN,
Please, for my sake, me ooo, just extend this thing to the end of this month.
I promise I'll do it embarassed

And thanks OP.. This is enlightening.. smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What You Must Know About Bank Verification Number Otherwise Known As BVN by Cadamlk: 7:49pm On Jun 05, 2015
Now thief begin thief person finger oo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What You Must Know About Bank Verification Number Otherwise Known As BVN by prestige2013: 8:37pm On Jun 05, 2015
Hope there won't be problem of congested network thereby making transaction not successful?

Now your money is in your fingerprints

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

CBN Orders Banks To Refund Withdrawal Charges In 30 States / Clear Steps On Owning A Community Pharmacy In Nigeria / Do You Have A Product I Can Market For You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.