Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,674 members, 7,816,762 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:41 PM

See What a Bank Did To There IT Students - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / See What a Bank Did To There IT Students (7814 Views)

Credit Officer Jobs For Fresh Graduate And IT Students / How Do I Get A Bank Job? / The Most Important Step I Took After I Was Sacked From A Bank-to Sacked Bankers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See What a Bank Did To There IT Students by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jun 06, 2015
I'm just reading your comments and I'm confuse as surprise.
Re: See What a Bank Did To There IT Students by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jun 06, 2015
Holatunde007:
I.T should be scraped, I don't knw y government initiated it in the first when they know there won't be a space for us at the labor market to fix in.......I've been submitting my I.T letters for 6months now, yet no one is ready to pay, just at home sleeping and gambling around the street

are you for real I doubt it's that difficult to get a firm
Re: See What a Bank Did To There IT Students by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jun 06, 2015
ahmbal:

am sure u once FAILED dr test or dd bad at dr interview, Pele dear, I feel ur pain wink

really...this your assertion shocked me o...
you could be wrong tho.....
Re: See What a Bank Did To There IT Students by Kingsasian(m): 10:17pm On Jun 06, 2015
Kizmarty:

are you for real I doubt it's that difficult to get a firm
to find a place of attachment for I.T is like searching for a job after graduation o.
Re: See What a Bank Did To There IT Students by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jun 06, 2015
Kingsasian:
to find a place of attachment for I.T is like searching for a job after graduation o.

seriously
ehh nawa oo...nai I dey joke with this one
Re: See What a Bank Did To There IT Students by Abbey2sam(m): 10:34pm On Jun 06, 2015
You're not entitle to any form of payment

so bro move on and don't waste your time

1 Like

Re: See What a Bank Did To There IT Students by Kingsasian(m): 10:43pm On Jun 06, 2015
Kizmarty:

seriously
bros no joke with am o. During my time I didn't sweat to get a place sha. I did mine at Warri Refining and Petrochemicals company but all of us that were attached there got it through connections. You must know somebody that works there. About 90% of my friends and classmates never got a place. You need to see the crowd coming to submit their I.T letters.
Re: See What a Bank Did To There IT Students by Kingsasian(m): 10:47pm On Jun 06, 2015
You expect banks that are stingy to pay you your entitlements after disengaging you?
Re: See What a Bank Did To There IT Students by legaxi(m): 10:54pm On Jun 06, 2015
So they are even paying you before, this guy no serious at all
Re: See What a Bank Did To There IT Students by estacyresource: 11:03pm On Jun 06, 2015
APPLY NOW!!! New Zealand Development Scholarships for African Students 2015/2016

http://youthopbank..com/2015/06/apply-now-new-zealand-development.html

1 Share

Re: See What a Bank Did To There IT Students by estacyresource: 11:04pm On Jun 06, 2015
Win Up to $4,000 in Africa 2015 Agility Photo Competition

http://youthopbank..com/2015/06/win-up-to-4000-in-africa-2015-agility.html

1 Share

Re: See What a Bank Did To There IT Students by Nobody: 11:18pm On Jun 06, 2015
Kingsasian:
bros no joke with am o. During my time I didn't sweat to get a place sha. I did mine at Warri Refining and Petrochemicals company but all of us that were attached there got it through connections. You must know somebody that works there. About 90% of my friends and classmates never got a place. You need to see the crowd coming to submit their I.T letters.

ewo
serious mode activated cool
Re: See What a Bank Did To There IT Students by masterjo: 6:51am On Jun 07, 2015
frenzymirakk:

from all i knw they said some of the IT student stationed in lagos were involved in fraud or smtn... But I stl dnt tnk dat should warrant thm sending we all away this tym witout pay. My branch manager even tried figthin it wit reasons dat we were not involved and should not b held accountable for any1s sin but instead he received a querry. I even tot dat if it were ther staff dat did such would they disengage all ther staff?. Av jst been devastated sinc then cos i spent every of my savings durin d two months engagemnt hopin they would pay afta 3 months as some ppl speculated

Speculated? Didn't u read the contract before u sign.
Re: See What a Bank Did To There IT Students by coputa(m): 7:34am On Jun 07, 2015
frenzymirakk:

from all i knw they said some of the IT student stationed in lagos were involved in fraud or smtn... But I stl dnt tnk dat should warrant thm sending we all away this tym witout pay. My branch manager even tried figthin it wit reasons dat we were not involved and should not b held accountable for any1s sin but instead he received a querry. I even tot dat if it were ther staff dat did such would they disengage all ther staff?. Av jst been devastated sinc then cos i spent every of my savings durin d two months engagemnt hopin they would pay afta 3 months as some ppl speculated
.They took the right decision to safe guard their business.It unfortunate that you are in that department,dont worry,another door will open for you.
Re: See What a Bank Did To There IT Students by Nobody: 8:53am On Jun 07, 2015
FriedPlantain:
I why should it be scraped? That you are finding it difficult to find placement does not mean other students are not finding their's easily.
You being unable to get an IT placement because you are motivated by money and not the lure to acquire necessary professional experience which is the basis of the program in the first place is your fault and shouldn't be attributed to anyone else.

Continue sleeping at home and gambling away your life on the street while smarter students have fixed themselves in a place and are already working. By the time you join the labour market and the only professional experience on your CV is the one you acquired at baba Ijebu or Merrybet's shop, na that time your eyes go clear. grin

Friedplantain
oga calm down,can u work 6months without pay?, wont you eat ,transportation,u no go buy cloth wey u go use go work and by the way most od this students are actually working and are not being trained,some are running errands in the name of it,d rubbish should be scrapped for now.
Re: See What a Bank Did To There IT Students by frenzymirakk(m): 8:43pm On Jun 08, 2015
Yomieluv:
Op,was the intention communicated to the IT students,or is a clear disengagement without proper briefing?

If an engagement issued,then a proper disengagement statement should be Issued,else you can pursue a legal mean.

well, dat is wat i av actally been tnkn of doing.. If it comes to being the bst I no doubt knw am not bad(not being proud here)cos I remember we started wrytn exams and coming for Interviews for not less dat 4 tyms during d screening stages.and mind u we were more dan 50 if am not mistaken. So i tot, if they knw dis all allng y did they engage us in the first place cos frm info i gathered lately i got to knw dat this fraud issue occured even b4 we were engaged
Re: See What a Bank Did To There IT Students by frenzymirakk(m): 8:50pm On Jun 08, 2015
hayoakins:
Have we got some lawyers and human right activist in-house? let's get to work.

This is one of the battles I like. My pen is mightier than Goliath's sword.

Few questions @OP

1. Were you giving any engagement letter?

2. What were the conditions for disengagement before expiration of the IT period in the letter (if any).

3. If no letter was issued, was your IT letter received, stamped and signed for acceptance serving as a contract between you and the organisation?

VICTORIA ASCERTA.

tnk u
i wnt tru all d stress of the screenin and after we started work our document, result of d tst and evrytn was sent to d HR. They declined receivin it until we had to escalate it tru various mails to der ogas. It was at dis point they accepted receivn it and we got to knw dat IT students had earlier been banned. And they were d 1s dat sent both d questions and all documents we filled.
Re: See What a Bank Did To There IT Students by frenzymirakk(m): 9:06pm On Jun 08, 2015
Kizmarty:

seriously

its for real. Even b4 i got my placement wit sterling. It was a hell of screenins, oral, written and communication interviews
Re: See What a Bank Did To There IT Students by frenzymirakk(m): 9:14pm On Jun 08, 2015
Abbey2sam:
You're not entitle to any form of payment

so bro move on and don't waste your time

i guess u would b api goin to work and commin bak witout a pay, i spnt 3h daily to get to work and b4 we got engaged we were told they would giv us sm money for upkeep. Though it wasnt like salary but at least dat was stl beta dan notn plus d fact dat i was ther to learn i didnt bother... Now i hav more dan 50k of my sweat wit them. I could av got a closer place ofcourse but and even wyl wit them i had so many opportunities i wasted which ar not even visible now
Re: See What a Bank Did To There IT Students by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jun 09, 2015
frenzymirakk:

its for real. Even b4 i got my placement wit sterling. It was a hell of screenins, oral, written and communication interviews

WOW...HMMM
Re: See What a Bank Did To There IT Students by Abbey2sam(m): 5:35pm On Jun 10, 2015
frenzymirakk:

i guess u would b api goin to work and commin bak witout a pay, i spnt 3h daily to get to work and b4 we got engaged we were told they would giv us sm money for upkeep. Though it wasnt like salary but at least dat was stl beta dan notn plus d fact dat i was ther to learn i didnt bother... Now i hav more dan 50k of my sweat wit them. I could av got a closer place ofcourse but and even wyl wit them i had so many opportunities i wasted which ar not even visible now

Did the ITF chose the place for you ?

No further comment

(1) (2) (Reply)

Addax Petroleum Vacancies / Various Job Vacancies- Apply Now! / Nigeria Army Dssc/ssc List Is Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.