Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,044 members, 7,818,140 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:47 AM

Strategies & Tips To Find & Clarify Your Values - Business Strategy - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Strategies & Tips To Find & Clarify Your Values - Business Strategy (384 Views)

15 Tips To Avoid Being Robbed When Using ATM In Nigeria / Binary Option Alertz/strategies Season4 (new Dawn) / Easy Business Strategy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Strategies & Tips To Find & Clarify Your Values - Business Strategy by MWTH(m): 1:23am On Jun 06, 2015
In one of my first encounters with a business coach, the word "VALUE" struck into me with a difference. I have always used this word many times and over with little or no significance.

I can remember how the quotes from Jim Rohn blew my mind when I heard it first. But it didn't really make much sense until today.

" The Greatest Value in life is not what you get but what you become" - Jim Rohn -

" It's not what you get that makes you valuable, it is what you become that makes you valuable" - Jim Rohn -

In my Coach's words; "Discovering & Rediscovering Your Values if you must succeed in life & business is not optional.

But what is Value?

It is simply what drives you.

A close understanding of Values brings about Self-Awareness. With self-awareness, you are certainly made to see and feel those things you value most in life and its influence on what you do and why you do it.

If you are already in business or about starting up one, or maybe as a career person. Your knowledge of your own values goes a long way to shape almost everything that happens within and around you.

I have also taken time to ask a few very successful people in my life about what gives them the success they have. And all have centred it around their Values.

Some say things as little as this and it will shock you.

1. What drives me is the fact that I want to have a business name that will be heard around the world. - Dangote

2. I was in the US and enjoyed how these guys just drive through to get what they want from eateries without bothering to get down from their cars - Tito

3. I was embarrassed by my girlfriend many years ago because I was poor. I couldn't wait to have a business that will employ even her family members - Anonymous

4. I can't stand the emotions of watching poor sick people crying to get medical treatments as a young child - He owns a hospital and he's a medical doctor and a consultant to the FGN. Dr. Adediran

5. I was chased from school because I couldn't afford my school fees - He owns a School today - Chief Felix Chibueze

These are a few of the values they have. You can have many as you want.

As for me?

My values will blow your mind.

I want to create jobs for you without having to get you into an employment; I want to build a world renowned business entity that will be first of its kind in the history of Africa

I want to be a life saving coach that will help the Nigerian Government to create jobs for the teaming youths without going through a job interviews

I want to live my dream life - Enjoy family togetherness, drive in the best of cars, fly across the world to cool off.

Help professionals in various fields to reposition themselves for greater success.

And to become your one-stop point in business development, marketing & sales strategy - I am there already.

So how can you clarify your values?

1. It's about yourself 1st. - What do you want from life? Why do you want it? If you get it, what would it resolve in the short term and long term?

2. There are things you really want. Dig deep to find out what it takes to have them. Ask questions where necessary. Show to those you want help from that you really need them to help you with the knowledge.

3. Stretch the horizon of your thoughts - Do not limit or constrain yourself to the immediate happenings around you today.

4. Set aside real time to do this exercise - make it void of distractions. Do it with all sense of sincerity to yourself such that your mind will confirm to you that you are actually on a right path

5. Let it be a process. Make sure you write it down, and after writing share it with someone very close to you and copy your coach or mentor.

6. Be honest to yourself while writing it. No one can best tell you about how you feel. Be able to x-ray your mind.

Remember that who you are has no competition.

Your staff and potential customers are hungry to feel your passion, your care so they can feel good about giving you their money and time.

www.marketingwithtrumphills.com

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Paypal Joint Venture / Webdesigner / Biomass Power Plant CFB Boiler Supplier

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.