Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

Transition, A Short Story. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Transition, A Short Story. (756 Views)

Christopher (A Short Story) / Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) / Pleasure And Pain - A Short Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Transition, A Short Story. by thoughtT: 9:15am On Jun 06, 2015
This is just a mere figment of imagination, a product of muse steering. Coincidences are just means toward end. Observations and constructive criticisms are craved by the author.
Re: Transition, A Short Story. by thoughtT: 9:23am On Jun 06, 2015
Transition. Tobi Idowu.

I don't know if I will get hold of my thoughts. We just had a transition, and what crossover few minutes we had. I mean, two or three of us seated in the light, and then no light. We love things being in fragments in my part of the clime, so you know you cannot get the perfect gist. That was a digression? Well, one of such skills we got from the placenta. Mr. Sternface has just been contracted, yes I believe he was contracted, and he will ride our nation's bus for four years. The previous driver, I can't get hold of his name now, was a bit of a clumsy nouveau-riche: he was still learning to adapt to his new status till we took back our bus.
The sun had just gone to bed so the twilight could take over the evening watch. 'Mr. Meekfull was such a rare gem.... I can't believe he left the comfort of our luxury bus for the creek.' Those words drew my attention, and I believed it must have been made by the dancing silhouette in one cut off section in the bus- our nation bus is so large, it houses 180000000 heads and still counting. Trouble. There was trouble. I didn't have a pretext for intruding the peace of this silhouette. It was dancing to, I believed, a slow rhythm because of its carefree tossing. I finally had my own-made pretext, though. Our bus belongs to nobody, but everybody( I knew I wouldn't have said that to a King Lagoon).
I made my way to the silhouette in a swift manner. Not even Eshu, the messenger god could have beat my speed. A few paces more, and I would know this dancing mystery. But I had a halt. An epiphany, sort of. There were two silhouettes locked in the reenactment of the cozy battle of the first two creations in Eden.
To be continued .
Re: Transition, A Short Story. by thoughtT: 2:43am On Jun 09, 2015
Transition (continued)
I would be too cruel to disrupt their act, I mercifully thought. Yet, the other half of my mind felt I needed to parlay with the speaker of those words, the ones that got me from my comfort zone to this sweet-sad spectacle. For my sanity, I must find a distraction while I waited for the conclusion of their cozy battle. You know one finds the expedient things to do in those kinds of situation. I got mine very fast. My mind drifted back to Mr. Sternface and Mr. Meekfull.
I was not around the first time, but Sternface had driven our bus before. I learnt it was a very brief stint. Very brief, yet it left indelible marks on those that were around then. Mr. Sternface did not condone any nonsense. What made up nonsense was much of a debate in his first stint, however. I got to know he had a Sternerface as his partner-in-drive. So two iron hands drove those people about? Goodness! So when Mr. Laughsly skillfully took the bus from Sternface, many people rejoiced, some people did not. Some people only sighed; for they thought Laughsly never sought their permission, and he was one of the notoriously prominent comrades of Sternface. Sternface first stint was that of mixed feelings. That is my take, from history of course. History is human invention, you know.
This battle was becoming an epic for me! When would it be concluded? Those thoughts called my attention to the silhouettes and their never ending scene or sin making. I was at this point thinking myself rash. I realised I never thought of the voice I heard before I made up mind to come to it. It sourced from a silhouette, one of these silhouettes. Even with my pretext, I had failed my pre-test. It would be too bad if I walked into their epic without arming myself with a watertight reason. Imagine? But wait, Mr. Meekfull made an impression on me. To be concluded.

(1) (Reply)

The Gods Among Men / Ada-ada (a Story) / Is It Safe To Write An Allegory On The Issue Of Bad Leadership In Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.