Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,345 members, 7,819,223 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:58 PM

Is It Safe To Write An Allegory On The Issue Of Bad Leadership In Africa - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Is It Safe To Write An Allegory On The Issue Of Bad Leadership In Africa (756 Views)

Bring The Sugar And Not The Junks (an Allegory By Akintayo Akinjide) / Nnedi Okorafor To Write Black Panther For Marvel / An Inspiring Allegory About The Inception Of Yoruba Proverbs☞2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Safe To Write An Allegory On The Issue Of Bad Leadership In Africa by cromz(m): 9:56am On Aug 24, 2015
Hello Nairalanders am a young writer and have been thinking of writing an allegory on the bad leadership in African countries depicting them as monkeys living in a zoo. Have consulted alot of people and have done alot of research and everything have been planned in writing this book but people are advising me to drop this plan as it might mean danger to my life,as am typing right now am confused because am only writing the book with good intentions in mind hoping the book will inspire people and change the situation of things in Africa. I need advice.
Re: Is It Safe To Write An Allegory On The Issue Of Bad Leadership In Africa by Akposb(m): 2:11pm On Aug 24, 2015
Make it nice...the truth is all obvious for all to see. George Orwell is famous because of his political novels Animal Farm and Nineteen Eighty-four.
Re: Is It Safe To Write An Allegory On The Issue Of Bad Leadership In Africa by tpiander: 9:09pm On Aug 24, 2015
how wide is your readership?

I don't think calling Africa or Nigeria a zoo or monkeys is necessary, but to answer your question, I have no idea.

Do you mean writing something here on nairaland or what.

depends on if they're reading it I guess.
Re: Is It Safe To Write An Allegory On The Issue Of Bad Leadership In Africa by cromz(m): 9:14pm On Aug 24, 2015
tpiander:
how wide is your readership?

I don't think calling Africa or Nigeria a zoo or monkeys is necessary, but to answer your question, I have no idea.

Do you mean writing something here on nairaland or what.

depends on if they're reading it I guess.
actually depicting them as monkeys and the zoo owners are the whites so they rebelled against them but have failed to maintain the zoo
Re: Is It Safe To Write An Allegory On The Issue Of Bad Leadership In Africa by tpiander: 11:11pm On Aug 24, 2015
who is writing the story, you or the whites?
Re: Is It Safe To Write An Allegory On The Issue Of Bad Leadership In Africa by Akposb(m): 8:08am On Aug 25, 2015
The idea is kind of derogatory, think and refine your ideas. You won't be the first to write a political novel in Nigeria or Africa but plotting matters

(1) (Reply)

Sci-Fi: Universal Programming Language / ... / My Take On Patience Jonathan And Aisha Buhari’s Chat Leak – KUNBI BLACK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.