Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,158 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:58 PM

Foreign Dishes, Fruits And Dessert... ( Nutrients $ Benefits ) - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Foreign Dishes, Fruits And Dessert... ( Nutrients $ Benefits ) (7149 Views)

Top 5 Nigerian Dishes With Health Benefits By Mz Irawo / Well Packaged Nigerian Dishes.. / 4 Fruits Nigerians Don't Know The English Name (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Foreign Dishes, Fruits And Dessert... ( Nutrients $ Benefits ) by edward1984(m): 8:51am On Jun 13, 2015
Ewuro4:

Cukes or pickles ?

First and second photo PICKLES ,,,,, Third and fourth photo CUKES.....

Now the difference is : The fresh vegetable as you use in salads is a cucumber & the method of preserving it is pickling,cumbers are immersed in vinegar to which salt & other spices may be added ,to improve the taste.Many types of vegetables are preserved by pickling & a variety of methods & recipes exist....
In another word ,, Pickles are preserved. Cucumbers are fresh.......

Re: Foreign Dishes, Fruits And Dessert... ( Nutrients $ Benefits ) by edward1984(m): 1:55pm On Jun 15, 2015
GOOD DAY FOOD LOVERS : It been days I place a post on this thread, cox I have been very busy.. so for today we have something simple and healthy,, called TOAST SANDWICH... No law or rules here,, all you need is just slices of BREAD... Then add anything you wish .. I mean healthy stuff wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink Like

Egg,, fresh sliced tomatoes, chicken, beacon, cucumber, lettuce.. e.t.c,, you can add ketchup if it suits you... BON APPETIT

Re: Foreign Dishes, Fruits And Dessert... ( Nutrients $ Benefits ) by Enoquin(f): 9:53am On Jun 16, 2015
edward1984:

there's a cucumber and a mini one which is called Gherkins.... But am my brother yes oohhh oyibo and grammar grin grin grin grin grin

lol but I be sister oh
Re: Foreign Dishes, Fruits And Dessert... ( Nutrients $ Benefits ) by edward1984(m): 10:22am On Jun 16, 2015
Enoquin:

lol but I be sister oh

hahahahahaha Sorry my sister I did not noticed the (f) wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink
Re: Foreign Dishes, Fruits And Dessert... ( Nutrients $ Benefits ) by edward1984(m): 12:26pm On Jun 17, 2015
GOOD DAY MY FELLOW CITIZENS

Today I will be talking about one healthy spice and it benefit : OREGANO

OREGANO : Oregano is a wonderful herb, both to use in your cooking and to use therapeutically as needed. Its name means "mountain joy," and oregano was revered as a symbol of happiness by the ancient Greeks and Romans.
This does this medicinal herb a great disservice, since today we know that oregano contains vitamins A, C, E, and K, as well as fiber, folate, iron, magnesium, vitamin B6, calcium, and potassium. Additionally, oregano, which is sometimes called "wild marjoram" in Europe (and is closely related to the herb sweet marjoram2) contains potent phytochemicals that provide potential health benefits.

BENEFITS : Cancer-Fighting Effects, Useful for Upper Respiratory Infections, Anti-inflammatory Properties, and Antioxidants for Immune System Support.

More Than Flavor: Why Use Oregano in Your Cooking? : Oregano's warm, aromatic flavor works well with many foods. Try adding it to your salad dressings, vegetables, or eggs, for starters. Beyond this, one of the best uses for oregano in your cooking is adding it to meat prior to cooking, which may help reduce the toxic compounds created during the cooking process.

Re: Foreign Dishes, Fruits And Dessert... ( Nutrients $ Benefits ) by ibnbazz(m): 1:30pm On Jun 18, 2015
You making me seriously want to cook
Re: Foreign Dishes, Fruits And Dessert... ( Nutrients $ Benefits ) by edward1984(m): 1:31pm On Jun 18, 2015
ibnbazz:
You making me seriously want to cook

Home meal is the best,, and healthy .. you should cook wink wink
Re: Foreign Dishes, Fruits And Dessert... ( Nutrients $ Benefits ) by Nobody: 6:22am On Jun 19, 2015
Enoquin:
Edward, try and post the recipes for each food/desserts. I like your thread already, following. This might stimulate my interest in food again
I have a feeling you are a great cook smiley

Will u be my tutor wink
Re: Foreign Dishes, Fruits And Dessert... ( Nutrients $ Benefits ) by Enoquin(f): 10:53am On Jun 19, 2015
Jarizod:
I have a feeling you are a great cook smiley

Will u be my tutor wink

Flesh and blood did not reveal that to you cheesy

Of course, non refundable N50k tutorial forms are available tongue
Get the form fill them and we'll discuss fees grin
Re: Foreign Dishes, Fruits And Dessert... ( Nutrients $ Benefits ) by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jun 19, 2015
Enoquin:

Flesh and blood did not reveal that to you cheesy

Of course, non refundable N50k tutorial forms are available tongue
Get the form fill them and we'll discuss fees grin
50k wink cheesy

Help a brother na wink
Re: Foreign Dishes, Fruits And Dessert... ( Nutrients $ Benefits ) by edward1984(m): 11:16am On Jun 23, 2015
Hello fellow citizens, cooks and food lovers : Today we will be talking about GREEN BEANS and health benefits..

Possible health benefits of consuming green beans : Consuming fruits and vegetables of all kinds has long been associated with a reduced risk of many adverse health conditions. Many studies have suggested that increasing consumption of plant foods like green beans decreases the risk of obesity, diabetes, heart disease and overall mortality while promoting a healthy complexion, increased energy and overall lower weight.

Cancer : Green beans contain a high amount of chlorophyll, which can block the carcinogenic effects of heterocyclic amines generated when grilling meats at a high temperature. If you tend to like your grilled foods charred, make sure to pair them with green vegetables to decrease your risk.

Bone health : Low intakes of vitamin K have been associated with a higher risk for bone fracture. Adequate vitamin K consumption improves bone health by acting as a modifier of bone matrix proteins, improving calcium absorption and reducing urinary excretion of calcium.
One cup of green beans provides 14.4 micrograms of vitamin K (almost 20% of daily need) as well as 4% of calcium.

Recipes : Nothing special, just the same way we cook our local BEANS,, But if preferable you can add carrot, chicken, beef,, potatoes,, e.t.c...

BON APPETIT

Re: Foreign Dishes, Fruits And Dessert... ( Nutrients $ Benefits ) by ibnbazz(m): 12:27pm On Jun 23, 2015
Wonderful...am a foodie. I want to know that extra thing to add to a meal to make it special
Re: Foreign Dishes, Fruits And Dessert... ( Nutrients $ Benefits ) by Flygeriansteve: 2:51pm On Jun 26, 2015
smileyfollowing
Re: Foreign Dishes, Fruits And Dessert... ( Nutrients $ Benefits ) by edward1984(m): 3:05pm On Jun 26, 2015
Flygeriansteve:
smileyfollowing

Thank you very much ,, more updates very soon wink
Re: Foreign Dishes, Fruits And Dessert... ( Nutrients $ Benefits ) by edward1984(m): 1:34pm On Jul 08, 2015
Good day food lovers

KOREAN SALAD CARROT

1kg carrot, finely julienned

1 teaspoon black pepper

1 teaspoon coriander seed, ground

1 garlic clove, minced

chili powder, to taste

5 tablespoons white vinegar

1 tablespoon salt

100 ml Olive oil

Bon appetit

(1) (2) (Reply)

Snake Pepper Soup Prepared By A Nairalander With Pics / Bags Of Irish Potatoes Available At Cheap Prices!!! / Millet and Soyabean Recipe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.