Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,822 members, 7,844,657 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 04:35 AM

PHOTOS: 9-year-old Girl Builds Shelters, Grows Food For Homeless - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / PHOTOS: 9-year-old Girl Builds Shelters, Grows Food For Homeless (659 Views)

19-Year-Old Girl Who Lives In A Plastic Bowl Dies / Man And Old Homeless Woman In Abuja Pictured / Heart-touching Photos – 9-yr-old Boy Writes Letter To Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PHOTOS: 9-year-old Girl Builds Shelters, Grows Food For Homeless by Sanyiicrown(m): 1:56pm On Jun 06, 2015
Inspirational Girl Builds Homes For Homeless PeopleHailey Fort is only 9 years old who spends her free time building shelters by hand for the homeless. She started helping people after she met Erdward, who has been left without a home after losing his job at a supermarket, on one of the the streets. She and her mother bought him a sandwich and after awhile Edward has become the girl’s friend.
Inspirational Girl Builds Homes For Homeless People
Since then, Hailey has started her own garden from which she donates fruits and vegetables to her local food bank. Besides she, her mother and grandfather have been building shelters to help the needy. Thanks to community support and discounts, each shelter costs about $300 to build. Now the girl is trying to raise $1,000 as she hopes to make at least 11 more shelters this year.
“It just doesn’t seem right that there are homeless people. I think everyone should have a place to live,” Hailey explained her passion for helping homeless people.
- See more at: http://naijatatafoblog..com/2015/06/photos-9-year-old-girl-builds-shelters.html#sthash.kuhav23f.dpuf

Re: PHOTOS: 9-year-old Girl Builds Shelters, Grows Food For Homeless by Acekidc4(m): 2:00pm On Jun 06, 2015
And GOD Bless You Young Girl!!

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: 9-year-old Girl Builds Shelters, Grows Food For Homeless by Sanyiicrown(m): 2:21pm On Jun 06, 2015
Acekidc4:
And GOD Bless You Young Girl!!
And i say a very Big Amen.....
Re: PHOTOS: 9-year-old Girl Builds Shelters, Grows Food For Homeless by Vision4God: 5:55pm On Jun 06, 2015
She has a bright future ahead of her.... God kip & use her to continue to save n bless lives.

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: 9-year-old Girl Builds Shelters, Grows Food For Homeless by Rumpelstiltskin(m): 2:09am On Jun 07, 2015
Tears almost dropped from my eyes when I read this part “It just doesn’t seem right that there are homeless people. I think everyone should have a place to live.”

It reminded me that some do not have a place to lay their heads this night. If a nine year old can do this, shouldn't I do better?

In this world where wickedness, envy, hatred and selfishness is the order of the day, it gladens my heart to see a young girl with such a big heart.

Dear God, help me to be a blessing to others. Let me be known for the number of lives I impacted and not the number of properties I acquired. And for this little girl, bless her abundantly. May all the things that cut short the future of bright people never get to her. Amen!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

One Year Remembrance For Prof. Dora Akunyili / What Will You Do If Facebook Shuts Down? See What Mark Said He Will Do / Gone To Glory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.