Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,804 members, 7,827,955 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:05 PM

Indonesia To Generate 2.3 MW From Palm Oil Waste To Energy Plant - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Indonesia To Generate 2.3 MW From Palm Oil Waste To Energy Plant (753 Views)

Indonesia Seeks More Crude Oil From Nigeria / Dangote Plans To Generate 12,000MW Of Electricity By 2018 / Ajaokuta Steel 110 MW Thermal Power Plant Back To Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Indonesia To Generate 2.3 MW From Palm Oil Waste To Energy Plant by sportfeva(m): 7:23pm On Jun 06, 2015

Industrial wastewater company ADI Systems Asia Pacific has been commissioned by cleaning product company Wings Corp to design, construct and install a waste to energy plant at its palm oil mill in Jorong, South Kalimantan, Indonesia.

The plant will be built by PT Gawi Makmur Kalimantan to turn fermented Palm Oil Mill Effluent (POME) into a biogas for use in a gas engine. This will produce electrical power to be used by the mill, replacing diesel generators.

The anaerobic system facilitates efficient mixing between sludge and the feedstock, and separates the hydraulic and solids residence times to maximise biogas production and solids breakdown.

In addition to biogas, the reactor generates a liquid effluent and a higher solids waste sludge, which can be irrigated onto farm land as a nutrient supplement, or further treated with aerobic polishing to achieve higher quality final effluent parameters.

Biological commissioning is expected to begin in February 2016 with the plant producing sufficient biogas to supply 2.3 MW of electrical power by May 2016.

Which way Nigeria? I am loving agro-business. Okomu Oil, take note.

Source: http://www.waste-management-world.com/articles/2015/06/palm-oil-waste-to-energy-plant-to-generate-2-3-mw-in-indonesia.html?cmpid=EnlWMW_WeeklyJune52015&eid=294837826&bid=1089672
Re: Indonesia To Generate 2.3 MW From Palm Oil Waste To Energy Plant by pamodulus: 7:25pm On Jun 06, 2015
That's as much as half what we produce today.
Re: Indonesia To Generate 2.3 MW From Palm Oil Waste To Energy Plant by barry40: 8:31pm On Jun 06, 2015
Nigeria should borrow a leaf from this. Success in a particular country can be duplicated in another country if resources are available. And I believe, resources are not problems to us here.

(1) (Reply)

Setting Up A Bakery / How Can I Become A Real Estate Agent / I Need A Memorable Phone Number(i.e 08033333333) Or Similar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.