Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:49 AM

Dont Be Deceived In Church Today Brethren. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Dont Be Deceived In Church Today Brethren. (25017 Views)

Apostle Suleman Gifts A Woman A Toyota Camry In Church Today (Photos) / Homeless Man Inspired Me To Go To Church Today (Photo) / Is This Really Happening In Church Today? (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dont Be Deceived In Church Today Brethren. by honourhim: 7:32am On Jun 07, 2015
When pastor tells you to give a sacrificial offering to God today, a violent offering, a painful offering that will cost you much in order to prosper, pls give that offering to a brethren in need of it. Giving to God is not only when you give to pastor/church, dont be deceived. When you give to the least of the brethren you have giving to God. Again i say dont be deceived.

Matthew 25:37-40

37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?

38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?

39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?

40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

Most of these pastors stress so much on giving to God because at the end of the day the offering you gave in the church is under their control. Dont fall for their greed and selfishness. Let God direct you today.

103 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Dont Be Deceived In Church Today Brethren. by Nobody: 7:39am On Jun 07, 2015
honourhim:
When pastor tells you to give a sacrificial offering to God today, a violent offering, a painful offering that will cost you much in order to prosper, pls give that offering to a brethren in need of it. Giving to God is not only when you give to pastor/church, dont be deceived. When you give to the least of the brethren you have giving to God. Again i say dont be deceived.

Matthew 25:37-40

37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?

38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?

39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?

40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

Most of these pastors stress so much on giving to God because at the end of the day the offering you gave in the church is under their control. Dont fall for their greed and selfishness. Let God direct you today.
True my brother. Where I fellowship we pay tithe and as the treasurer 100% goes to the conference Instead of the church retaining the money and spending it on the poor in our street. As for me Instead of giving my money to be used to feed pastors who are supposed to be feeding themselves like the Apostles I had rather find a Good message online and make tracts of it to distribute to people.

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dont Be Deceived In Church Today Brethren. by elantraceey(f): 8:15am On Jun 07, 2015
starlingslimnet:
True my brother. Where I fellowship we pay tithe and as the treasurer 100% goes to the conference Instead of the church retaining the money and spending it on the poor in our street. As for me Instead of giving my money to be used to feed pastors who are supposed to be feeding themselves like the Apostles I had rather find a Good message online and make tracts of it to distribute to people.

You're right but who told you the apostles feed themselves?

3 Likes

Re: Dont Be Deceived In Church Today Brethren. by Nobody: 8:24am On Jun 07, 2015
elantraceey:

The scripture dear Apostle Paul said "But we work with our bare hands that we may not bother you" again "We earns our Living by Ourself"

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dont Be Deceived In Church Today Brethren. by elantraceey(f): 8:28am On Jun 07, 2015
starlingslimnet:
The scripture dear Apostle Paul said "But we work with our bare hands that we may not bother you" again "We earns our Living by Ourself"

Give me the scripture please and I'll show you where he thanked the Philippians for there gift and supplies that they always sent to him and for taking care of him and he added it was for their good.

5 Likes

Re: Dont Be Deceived In Church Today Brethren. by Hero10001: 8:35am On Jun 07, 2015
God said; Let there be meat in my house.

2 Likes

Re: Dont Be Deceived In Church Today Brethren. by rawtouch: 8:50am On Jun 07, 2015
Ok I will not be deceived
Re: Dont Be Deceived In Church Today Brethren. by Nobody: 9:52am On Jun 07, 2015
elantraceey:

Give me the scripture please and I'll show you where he thanked the Philippians for there gift and supplies that they always sent to him and for taking care of him and he added it was for their good.
Beloved,Gifts are given based on favour and not merit while salary is based on merit I.e ones due. As for the verse 1 cor 4:12

10 Likes

Re: Dont Be Deceived In Church Today Brethren. by Nobody: 9:55am On Jun 07, 2015
Hero10001:
Yes God said it because of the priest and now their are No more priest except Christ the high priest.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dont Be Deceived In Church Today Brethren. by Hero10001: 1:12pm On Jun 07, 2015
starlingslimnet:
Yes God said it because of the priest and now their are No more priest except Christ the high priest.
Yea, no more priests but the anointed one.
You woldn't wanna harm God's anointed tho.

1 Like

Re: Dont Be Deceived In Church Today Brethren. by plaetton: 3:40pm On Jun 07, 2015
starlingslimnet:
Lol.
So giving to the poor and needy is completely out of the question?
Gosh undecided

1 Like

Re: Dont Be Deceived In Church Today Brethren. by plaetton: 3:45pm On Jun 07, 2015
Hero10001:
Meat for whom?
How much meat is enough for the priest while there are so many needy out there?

For example, if the average person in a pastorial community cannot be sure of one square meal a day, is it morally justified for a pastor, who feeds on the goodwills of that community, to enjoy 3 square buffet meals, with dessert?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dont Be Deceived In Church Today Brethren. by honourhim: 4:02pm On Jun 07, 2015
elantraceey:

In the early church, offerings were shared to every man according to their needs and no man lacked anything but in our time offerings are pastors personal property. Is that right?

Acts 4:34 Neither was there any among them that lacked: for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the prices of the things that were sold, 4:35 And laid them down at the apostles' feet: and distribution was made unto every man according as he had need.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dont Be Deceived In Church Today Brethren. by honourhim: 10:06pm On Jun 13, 2015
God loves a cheerful giver, not one who was pressurized by pastor to give.

8 Likes

Re: Dont Be Deceived In Church Today Brethren. by Esdb3: 6:38am On Jun 14, 2015
starlingslimnet:

Sorry. But no. When God commanded tithes he said 'so their might be food in my house'.

And in the ancient times, there were offerings that only the levite priests could eat if they wanted to. But still don't let your pastor con you into giving offerings. If he asks you to contribute to the development of the church, you can if you will. But, don't let him scare you with false pronouncement.

2 Likes

Re: Dont Be Deceived In Church Today Brethren. by Nobody: 7:52am On Jun 14, 2015
starlingslimnet:

you are doing the right thing. but print good message of prosperity not fear.
plaetton:

Lol.
So giving to the poor and needy is completely out of the question?
Gosh undecided

giving to the poor will only increase poverty. the best way to help the poor is becoming rich and by inspiring them, not feeding or pitying them.

4 Likes

Re: Dont Be Deceived In Church Today Brethren. by Nobody: 8:10am On Jun 14, 2015
elantraceey:

apostle paul was a tent maker and made money from it.

Reasons Why You Need To Stop Typing Amen To Facebook Posts

3 Likes

Re: Dont Be Deceived In Church Today Brethren. by Nobody: 9:53am On Jun 14, 2015
Surprised you guys are now posting more of Godly related issues on sundays...Keep it up

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dont Be Deceived In Church Today Brethren. by cvibe2: 9:54am On Jun 14, 2015
Don’t let Pastors fly Private Jets on top your matter.

Try

www.OnlyWorkingClass.com

Marry right and live a good life!

The premium dating site for working class singles, busy professionals and successful business people.

1 Like

Re: Dont Be Deceived In Church Today Brethren. by menesheh(m): 9:54am On Jun 14, 2015
grin
Re: Dont Be Deceived In Church Today Brethren. by superior1: 9:54am On Jun 14, 2015
If I give sacrificially, it is my business

2 Likes

Re: Dont Be Deceived In Church Today Brethren. by Nobody: 9:54am On Jun 14, 2015
Okay, the court has taken Judicial notice....
Re: Dont Be Deceived In Church Today Brethren. by ednut1(m): 9:54am On Jun 14, 2015
d way some of them cajole u to drop money is rather shameful. if angels came physically to take d offerings to heaven lol. 90% of today's churches wud nt exist. today u see a jobless man. rent a shop. gradually expands wit members money. reg d church in his name wife and kids till dey reach permanent site. scaming wit reckless abandon. mtcheew

8 Likes

Re: Dont Be Deceived In Church Today Brethren. by Nobody: 9:54am On Jun 14, 2015
Boys are getting wise.

You work,and spend your money.

No more pastors say this and that.

4 Likes

Re: Dont Be Deceived In Church Today Brethren. by SmooshCHN: 9:55am On Jun 14, 2015
Lol
Re: Dont Be Deceived In Church Today Brethren. by BigElEddy(m): 9:55am On Jun 14, 2015
Op you want make pastors put course for your head abi? You the spoil their market fa! If people start doing it this way, how pastors go take buy private jet fa? grin

1 Like

Re: Dont Be Deceived In Church Today Brethren. by Tallesty1(m): 9:55am On Jun 14, 2015
I love this.

Some pastors are just business men and will never tell you this.

1 Like

Re: Dont Be Deceived In Church Today Brethren. by folabayo1(f): 9:57am On Jun 14, 2015
I rather give my money to the less privilege than pastors cos I knw dat they are living and enjoying better than many of their church members undecided

4 Likes

Re: Dont Be Deceived In Church Today Brethren. by adexsimply(m): 9:57am On Jun 14, 2015
You going to church today means you've already been deceived.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dont Be Deceived In Church Today Brethren. by myklangelo(m): 9:58am On Jun 14, 2015
Churches deceiving ppl since their maMa was born.
I will always prefer to give to a neighbour, for church building that I see, than to give someone to help give to someone for me.

I don't disappoint, the 2nd Igbo language weekend tutorial is out in my blog. It is educative in a new way. Visit my blog.

The 1st Igbo language blog is out, it is fun and insightful. Visit, comment, share and criticize.www.odeniigbo..com

1 Like

Re: Dont Be Deceived In Church Today Brethren. by omanifrank(m): 9:59am On Jun 14, 2015
hmmm
Re: Dont Be Deceived In Church Today Brethren. by Nobody: 10:02am On Jun 14, 2015
And that's y the church is now a biz venture

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Cleanse Yourself Using Alligator Pepper / Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! / Explain This Mystery: A Dead Man Sent A Stranger To Deliver A Bag

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.