Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,671 members, 7,813,238 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:13 AM

How Gtbank/telcos Milk Unsuspecting Customers (pictures) - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Gtbank/telcos Milk Unsuspecting Customers (pictures) (1172 Views)

Mcash: NIBSS, Banks, Telcos Unveil Mobile Payment Solution / See How Gtbank Frustrated This Dude's Life (pictures Included) / Gtbank MD, Dan Orogun Dies In A Boating Accident In Liberia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Gtbank/telcos Milk Unsuspecting Customers (pictures) by Nobody: 9:35am On Jun 07, 2015
I have determined not to use the *737* platform introduced by GTB but somehow, this morning, I ran out of data and could not access my banking portal to renew so i tried the *737* to gain temporary access to the web with the hope that the bank would have by now fixed the issues of multiple billings.

I was wrong!
Being a programmer and knowing fully well how these things work at the background, I cant help but call the attention of the general public to this deliberate scheme by these Telcos and GTBank

When this service was introduced and everyone was singing hallelujah to GTB for the innovation, I raised a major concern which is the motive behind NOT adding token to the mix.

2 weeks ago, I made a 100 naira request and i was billed 3 times and credited once, I sent an email to the bank with [Request ID :##4840224##] and nothing was done.

Today, i made same 100 naira request and was billed twice and credited once.
I can only imagine the amount these guys rake weekly from all requests like this.

Here is a screenshot of today's request
the second picture shows both messages came in at the same time which to me is questionable
when this service was introduced, we could not make 2 successful requests within 5 minutes intervals

Somehow, this limitation seem to have been removed.

cc: Seun, Ishilove

Re: How Gtbank/telcos Milk Unsuspecting Customers (pictures) by younghartz(m): 9:50am On Jun 07, 2015
Lets see d avail.bal na grin

2 Likes

Re: How Gtbank/telcos Milk Unsuspecting Customers (pictures) by Pavore9: 10:05am On Jun 07, 2015
younghartz:

Wetin u wan take am do? cheesy
Re: How Gtbank/telcos Milk Unsuspecting Customers (pictures) by kodyx(f): 10:11am On Jun 07, 2015
It happened to me when I paid for #1500 card,which I was debited,but my phone was not credited with the recharge card,after the 2nd day,the money reverted back to my account. I have never had issues with Gtb on these at all..
Re: How Gtbank/telcos Milk Unsuspecting Customers (pictures) by missKiffy(f): 1:37pm On Jun 07, 2015
younghartz:
Lol, na the bal you wan see cheesy
Re: How Gtbank/telcos Milk Unsuspecting Customers (pictures) by 2oddMASTER: 6:07pm On Jun 07, 2015
sledjama:
I have determined not to use the *737* platform introduced by GTB but somehow, this morning, I ran out of data and could not access my banking portal to renew so i tried the *737* to gain temporary access to the web with the hope that the bank would have by now fixed the issues of multiple billings.

I was wrong!
Being a programmer and knowing fully well how these things work at the background, I cant help but call the attention of the general public to this deliberate scheme by these Telcos and GTBank

When this service was introduced and everyone was singing hallelujah to GTB for the innovation, I raised a major concern which is the motive behind NOT adding token to the mix.

2 weeks ago, I made a 100 naira request and i was billed 3 times and credited once, I sent an email to the bank with [Request ID :##4840224##] and nothing was done.

Today, i made same 100 naira request and was billed twice and credited once.
I can only imagine the amount these guys rake weekly from all requests like this.

Here is a screenshot of today's request
the second picture shows both messages came in at the same time which to me is questionable
when this service was introduced, we could not make 2 successful requests within 5 minutes intervals

Somehow, this limitation seem to have been removed.

cc: Seun, Ishilove

why u dey make noise? Call their customer care line and speak with them on it they may claim they didn't get ur mail. If after calling no help then sue their askes.its the era of #change
Re: How Gtbank/telcos Milk Unsuspecting Customers (pictures) by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jun 07, 2015
2oddMASTER:
why u dey make noise? Call their customer care line and speak with them on it they may claim they didn't get ur mail. If after calling no help then sue their askes.its the era of #change

i actually have no problem letting the 100 nairas pass but i am not ready to spend 200 naira to call for a refund of 100 naira.
i am also not your regular type of person who will keep quiet when people are being ripped off.
so if this post affect you in anyway, please move on.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

You Can Now Raise Capital For Your Prospective Businesses......... / Please Help Me, I Can't Handle My Fiverr Account Anymore. Orders Keeps Coming In / The Zebra Group Invests $1.1million USD In Agro-industrial Operations In SE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.