Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,968 members, 7,814,264 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:11 AM

Hosea 4:6. What Actualy Does IT Stand For? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Hosea 4:6. What Actualy Does IT Stand For? (727 Views)

I Hope Other Governors Will Stand For Their People Like Fayose – Pastor Adeboye / Muslims What Actualy Convince You That Realy Muhammed Is Prophet Of God? / What Does ISLAM Stand For Really.....? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hosea 4:6. What Actualy Does IT Stand For? by Princewell2012(m): 12:51pm On Jun 07, 2015
I was listening to one popular preacher on a radio when he quoted that very verse to back up his masage. he said people are trooping in to his church because of the way he used to prophesy on their life and their situations. And that people need a place where a man of God will be able to iddentify the causes of their problem. And infact 90% of his church menbers are here because of his prophesy. Therefore as you are hearing the sound of his voice you should quickly come to the programme, he is organising the next day. That was when he quoted that very chapter. Hosea 4:6. which says my people are destroyed from lack of knowledge. Is that actualy what the bible is saying in that very verse? the answer is capital no. Joshua 1:8 says this book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth, but you shall meditate there in day and night, so that you shall know how to do according to all that is written their in, then thou shall make thy ways prosperous and you shall have good health. psalm 1: 1-3 Also mentained the same standard. it says blessed is a man that walketh not in counsel of the ungodly ...................but his delight is in law of his God and in his laws do he meditate day and night, he shall be like a tree planted beside of a river which its leaves will not whither but whatever he does shall prosper. while ps. 119:vs99. it says i have more understanding than all my teacher, for your laws are my meditations. ps119:vs 98 says your commandment has made me wiser than my enemies because they are ever with me. 2:cron;7;14 if my people who are called by my name shall humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then i will hear from heaven and forgive their sin and i will heal their land. Prov.9;10, says the fear of God is the begining of wisdom and the knowledge of the Holy one is understanding. The knowledge God is talking about is to have knowledge of him. to have adequate knowledge of him. And to have knowledge of him is to have knowdedge of his laws. But today we have limited that knowledge to just a mere dreams and prophesies. If you tell me that my mother, sister, brother even my wife is a witch, believe me you have not done any good thing for me. you only succeeded in making me to have more enemies. Dont give me a fish but tell me how to catch a fish. You could imagine a church of fifty thousand sitters full to its capacity but only one man(g.o) is the only one doing all the signs and wonders, and you think everything is alright. i dont think this is the same church we inherited from Jesus. Because he said if you believe in me greater things than this shall you do. But today only the pastors is doing the greater things, something must be wrong somewhere. all you will hear them saying is come to my pastor, he will do this and that, the man in the synagogue, an anointed man of God. Yet when you have an ordinary headache you will make sure you call him on phone to pray for you. Is like sending a battalion of soldiers to the war front without given them an amunition, you only espose them to dangers. lets read the complete verse of that very chapter. Hosea 4:6, my people are destroyed from lack of knowledge; because thou have rejected knowledge i will also reject you from being my priest, seeing thou has forgotten the LAW of thy God, i will also forget thy children. Act 1;8 but you shall receive power......... Dont tell me who is responsible for my problem, tell me how to know Jesus and obey his words then every other things will fall into place.
Re: Hosea 4:6. What Actualy Does IT Stand For? by tpiadotcom: 1:11pm On Jun 07, 2015
Jesus came that we might have life, and have it more abundantly.
Re: Hosea 4:6. What Actualy Does IT Stand For? by ayoku777(m): 1:18pm On Jun 07, 2015
That's the difference between a minister and a mentor.

A minister uses his gifts and grace to help you; while a mentor helps you develop your gifts and grow in grace.

We lack true mentors in the church, just ministers. That's why you will see a man pastor a church for twenty years; and still he hasn't raised anyone who can minister like him in that commission.

Although, many christians themselves are content with just being ministered to. They are content with just having their pastor's number on their speed dial. That's good enough for them.

But we need mentors in the church. Disciplers and spiritual drill sergents. Who can help every believer develop their giftings and grace.

2 Likes

Re: Hosea 4:6. What Actualy Does IT Stand For? by lomprico(m): 1:50pm On Jun 07, 2015
The preacher is a hustler simple.

1 Like

Re: Hosea 4:6. What Actualy Does IT Stand For? by Princewell2012(m): 1:57pm On Jun 07, 2015
ayoku777:
That's the difference between a minister and a mentor.

A minister uses his gifts and grace to help you; while a mentor helps you develop your gifts and grow in grace.

We lack true mentors in the church, just ministers. That's why you will see a man pastor a church for twenty years; and still he hasn't raised anyone who can minister like him in that commission.

Although, many christians themselves are content with just being ministered to. They are content with just having their pastor's number on their speed dial. That's good enough for them.

But we need mentors in the church. Disciplers and spiritual drill sergents. Who can help every believer develop their giftings and grace.
God bless you sir.

(1) (Reply)

100 Direct Instructions By Allah In The Qura / How I Know God Exists / Will God Forgive Me?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.