Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,225 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:01 AM

Right Age To Get Married As A Guy! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Right Age To Get Married As A Guy! (65514 Views)

Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? / ''if You Used This Go And Get Married'' / What Is The Appropriate Age To Register A Child In School? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Right Age To Get Married As A Guy! by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jun 07, 2015
I'v been pondering what the right age is for a guy to get married. I'm 27 and my parents say I'm getting old lol. I stay alone in a small apartment(1 bedroom), drives a good car and i'm a bit stable financially but anytime I reason the bills that comes with marriage and the numerous responsibility, I go just tire. E.g. Moving out from my 1bed to a 3bed in my area will need I cough out 1.5M for rent. Chei. I can see why many men are not ready. angry. What ur take on this guys?

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Right Age To Get Married As A Guy! by IamLEGEND1: 2:11pm On Jun 07, 2015
have someone chop off ur dìck, the matter wont weigh on ur mind anymore

71 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Right Age To Get Married As A Guy! by Rosemary216(f): 2:12pm On Jun 07, 2015
Lol,.... U neva see anytin.... Dere z no ideal age 4dat, weneva u feel u are ready to take all d responsibility den u can tink of it.

28 Likes

Re: Right Age To Get Married As A Guy! by Ratebuster(m): 2:13pm On Jun 07, 2015
personally I do go for 28 years

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Right Age To Get Married As A Guy! by JeffreyJamez(m): 2:15pm On Jun 07, 2015
For me..... 30years cool

125 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Right Age To Get Married As A Guy! by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jun 07, 2015
Also its very difficult to find loyal good girls. Most cute classy girls prefer guys that maybe live on the island or drive range rovers. How many girls can start with a guy in a 1 bed? undecided

96 Likes 1 Share

Re: Right Age To Get Married As A Guy! by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jun 07, 2015
Rosemary216:
Lol,.... U neva see anytin.... Dere z no ideal age 4dat, weneva feel u are ready to take all d responsibility den u can tink of it.

Your idea of responsibility is financial. Anyone can decide to be responsible but can u back it up financially? E.g rent hall for wedding, house rent for a 3 bed, marriage rites, having a kid etc. Can you do all that if you earn only 3million per annum? embarassed

9 Likes

Re: Right Age To Get Married As A Guy! by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jun 07, 2015
There is no right age to get married. But rather, there is a right time to get married.
What you should ask yourself is if this is the right time for you to get married.

In my opinion, the right time for a man to get married is when he is stable in every or most areas of his life.
There are certain criteria that has to be met before any man dabbles into marriage.

Such criteria include:
Financial stability
Emotional stability
Being able to make good decisions and judgments
Being mature enough to be in a relationship.
Being able to understand what marriage and being a husband and a father entails.
Being able to be a father figure to your children. Both financially and other wise
Having the desire to get married.

When these criteria are met, then a man is ready for marriage.

291 Likes 31 Shares

Re: Right Age To Get Married As A Guy! by dharay99: 2:38pm On Jun 07, 2015
mtcheeeeew, story...always going past d line.@above poster.

Aniway 0p, I do tink of dsame tin...so i guess u take ur time till ur ready. 27 ain't too old.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Right Age To Get Married As A Guy! by dharay99: 2:38pm On Jun 07, 2015
Rosemary216:
Lol,.... U neva see anytin.... Dere z no ideal age 4dat, weneva feel u are ready to take all d responsibility den u can tink of it.
seconded.
Re: Right Age To Get Married As A Guy! by Mutuwa(m): 2:43pm On Jun 07, 2015
I got married at 26..
No regrets...

75 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Right Age To Get Married As A Guy! by octopusfreaky(f): 2:45pm On Jun 07, 2015
dharay99:

Aniway 0p, I do tink of dsame tin...so i guess u take ur time till ur ready. 27 ain't too old.
She's right,,,wats the beef all about

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Right Age To Get Married As A Guy! by dharay99: 2:48pm On Jun 07, 2015
octopusfreaky:
She's right,,,wats the beef all about
ionno.
undecided
Re: Right Age To Get Married As A Guy! by Rosemary216(f): 2:52pm On Jun 07, 2015
obitee69:

Your idea of responsibility is financial. Anyone can decide to be responsible but can u back it up financially? E.g rent hall for wedding, house rent for a 3 bed, marriage rites, having a kid etc. Can you do all that if you earn only 3million per annum? embarassed
lolxxxx. wat are we really talkn abt here? Do u nid to hv milions of naira b4 u can sponsor ur weddin? Cant u cut ur coat accrdin 2 ur size? Wen my bro did his weddin; i never believed wen he told me wat he spent yet d weddin was d best i had attended. U jst nid a good weddin planner, little help, amazin advice nd u are set. Sum ppl also get help frm d Brides family.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Right Age To Get Married As A Guy! by Nairalandar: 2:57pm On Jun 07, 2015
Rosemary216:
Lol,.... U neva see anytin.... Dere z no ideal age 4dat, weneva u feel u are ready to take all d responsibility den u can tink of it.
Thirded

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Right Age To Get Married As A Guy! by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jun 07, 2015
Mutuwa:
I got married at 26..
No regrets...

Oga how did you cope? Did you plan it that way?

3 Likes

Re: Right Age To Get Married As A Guy! by Mayany(m): 3:03pm On Jun 07, 2015
Op i do ask myself same question but my advice is donot let any1 pressure you into marriage try to achieve @ least 40% of your goals b4 your wedding

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Right Age To Get Married As A Guy! by czarr(m): 3:05pm On Jun 07, 2015
.....35 yrs,....weds stable or not marry,....or at least find someone willing to carry ur child.
no time.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Right Age To Get Married As A Guy! by 2kurupt(m): 3:06pm On Jun 07, 2015
IMHO the most important prerequisite to getting married is finding the right lady, then all the other variables follow. You can have the money, maturity etc but not find the right lady in good time.

@OP. From the little details you've given, once you find the gal you're comfortable with in all ramifications i.e. Love, maturity, personality etc etc & have made up your mind then you're good to go. I don't think you must wait until you match Dangote's net worth

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Right Age To Get Married As A Guy! by Mutuwa(m): 3:10pm On Jun 07, 2015
obitee69:

Oga how did you cope? Did you plan it this way?

Coping was by the almighty's intervetion.Not that I was in distress.we finished same year,same school with my finance/wife in 2008,and married on boxing day same year.By feb 09,she was amongst the first batch of nysc then i was still in law school.by nov same year i was in the 3rd batch.we had good places for our PPA so there was enough and fused with parental gifts (typical in the north).Things went quiet well for just the two of us..
Our first child was in 2010 after her youth service and as the almighty would have it she got a job when the baby was just a year old. After almost two years of working,i also got mine..up and till this time wer grateful to the almighty.we have a boy as a second child who would be one in a week to come by the grace of the almighty.

smiley

198 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Right Age To Get Married As A Guy! by MrCork: 3:28pm On Jun 07, 2015
obitee69:
I'v been pondering what the right age is for a guy to get married. I'm 27 and my parents say I'm getting old lol. I stay alone in a small apartment(1 bedroom), drives a good car and i'm a bit stable financially but anytime I reason the bills that comes with marriage and the numerous responsibility, I go just tire. E.g. Moving out from my 1bed to a 3bed in my area will need I cough out 1.5M for rent. Chei. I can see why many men are not ready. angry. What ur take on this guys?

...bro...plis marry missclassy so she can stop stressin us on nairaland....free gift!! (no ofeense) angry

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Right Age To Get Married As A Guy! by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jun 07, 2015
dharay99:

when u go get sense self?

3 Likes

Re: Right Age To Get Married As A Guy! by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jun 07, 2015
Jollyjoy:

FOI
Re: Right Age To Get Married As A Guy! by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jun 07, 2015
Jollyjoy:

Hmmmm... Freedom
Re: Right Age To Get Married As A Guy! by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jun 07, 2015
Depends...

If you are from a well to do home - 26
You had to struggle (male) - 32
Wanna marry as an average Christian brother/sister -27
People like me - Flow with the wind
Poor couples who wanna make a home by force - 29
Lucky Beautiful undergraduate (female) - 21
Undergraduate (male) - Nor think am.....
Players - 41
BROTHER Simeon who has been praying - 43
Sister Theresa who has been praying -44

Generally. - 26...

So folks, pitch your tent...

143 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Right Age To Get Married As A Guy! by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jun 07, 2015
@op

Once you have the means to, it doesnt matter at what age

And

Once you cant hold the urge anymore!!
although marriage is nt all about 'that'

1 Like

Re: Right Age To Get Married As A Guy! by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jun 07, 2015
Mutuwa:

Coping was by the almighty's intervetion.Not that I was in distress.we finished same year,same school with my finance/wife in 2008,and married on boxing day same year.By feb 09,she was amongst the first batch of nysc then i was still in law school.by nov same year i was in the 3rd batch.we had good places for our PPA so there was enough and fused with parental gifts (typical in the north).Things went quiet well for just the two of us..
Our first child was in 2010 after her youth service and as the almighty would have it she got a job when the baby was just a year old. After almost two years of working,i also got mine..up and till this time wer grateful to the almighty.we have a boy as a second child who would be one in a week to come by the grace of the almighty.

smiley

Allah ya raya su

6 Likes

Re: Right Age To Get Married As A Guy! by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jun 07, 2015
MrCork:

...bro...plis marry missclassy so she can stop stressin us on nairaland!! (no ofeense) angry

When am still alive??

We have an agreement, she just doesn't Know it yet
Re: Right Age To Get Married As A Guy! by dharay99: 4:35pm On Jun 07, 2015
Jollyjoy:
ask ur demented ancestors.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Right Age To Get Married As A Guy! by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jun 07, 2015
Freemanan:
Depends...
If you are from a well to do home - 26 You had to struggle (male) - 32 Wanna marry as an average Christian brother/sister -27 People like me - Flow with the wind Poor couples who wanna make a home by force - 29 Lucky Beautiful undergraduate (female) - 21 Undergraduate (male) - Nor think am..... Players - 41 BROTHER Simeon who has been praying - 43 Sister Theresa who has been praying -44
Generally. - 26...

So folks, pitch your tent...
Wow,very lovely analysis.... I like this...@Op,please take note!

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Right Age To Get Married As A Guy! by Jayjay0(m): 5:02pm On Jun 07, 2015
29 years

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Right Age To Get Married As A Guy! by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jun 07, 2015
Rolly83:

Wow,very lovely analysis.... I like this...@Op,please take note!

Can I have an amen sister.....

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Should I Divorce My Wife? / Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? / Marrying A Masturbator!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.