Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,204 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:40 PM

2016 Toyota Hilux - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 2016 Toyota Hilux (2409 Views)

2017 Toyota Hilux Gets The TRD Pack With N20m Price Tag (photos) / FRSC Hilux Without Brake Lights, Who Will Make The Arrest? (Picture) / How Did Toyota Hilux And Land Cruiser 70 Become The Terrorist Favorite Vehicles. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2016 Toyota Hilux by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jun 07, 2015
With so many leaks for such a long time, the only thing left for Toyota is to officially release the new 2016 Hilux, but until it does, here are the most revealing photos to date.

They show the compact pickup truck's front quarter, profile and most tellingly, the completely new and rather modern-looking interior.

On the outside, the 2016 Hilux sports a fresh face with thinner headlamps that incorporate LED daytime running lights and a more muscular silhouette thanks to the pronounced fenders.

However, it’s the interior where most changes take place, as Toyota has further distanced the 2016 Hilux from your run-of-the-mill pickup trucks bringing it closer to passenger cars with a contemporary dashboard that includes a large touchscreen on the center console.

Last week, a leaked spec sheet from Thailand confirmed the existence of four engines (at least for the local market), including a 2.4-liter turbo'd diesel in two states of tune with 150PS (148hp) and 167PS (165hp), a 2.8-liter turbodiesel with 177PS (175hp) and a 2.7-liter naturally-aspirated four-cylinder gasoline unit rated at 166PS (164hp). All powerplants will be offered with both manual and automatic transmissions.

http://www.carscoops.com/2015/04/new-2016-toyota-hilux-pickup.html

From the spec sheets in the presentation it looks like its an insider who gave them out...

Re: 2016 Toyota Hilux by leuelliot(m): 10:01pm On Jun 07, 2015
shares a resemblance to the new highlander.. like if you agree

2 Likes

Re: 2016 Toyota Hilux by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jun 07, 2015
leuelliot:
shares a resemblance to the new highlander.. like if you agree

Their new design language, which some find appealing, but I find appalling.

2 Likes

Re: 2016 Toyota Hilux by leuelliot(m): 3:42am On Jun 08, 2015
lomomike:

I personally like the new highlander.. it would look sinister in full matte finish
Re: 2016 Toyota Hilux by billy187(m): 12:24pm On Jun 08, 2015
Nice to see a marked improvement over the terribly bland interior of the present hilux.....exterior looks good too, quite highlander-ish.

But a hilux with led daytime runners? I don die frm lafter! grin
Re: 2016 Toyota Hilux by jodeci(m): 1:39pm On Jun 08, 2015
Still gbadu the 2017 ridgeline.Spacious with state of the art interior finish.

I just pray the honda legendary embarassing leg pulling wont affect it since it is a 4WD.
Re: 2016 Toyota Hilux by Nobody: 3:12pm On Jun 08, 2015
billy187:
Nice to see a marked improvement over the terribly bland interior of the present hilux.....exterior looks good too, quite highlander-ish.

But a hilux with led daytime runners? I don die frm lafter! grin
angry na dem need am pass especially for dusty mine fields, offroad terrain, and construction works. wink cool

2 Likes

Re: 2016 Toyota Hilux by DGD1(m): 6:11pm On Jun 08, 2015
this there new design is something am still trying to get used to. from corrola, yaris, Camry, Avalon, highlander etc they have very similar front design, and to me its not really cool.
IMO the hilux should continue to have similar front as the 4runner if they don't have better design. this one looks too feminine, I feel it is loosing d ruggedness, but the rear still ok
Re: 2016 Toyota Hilux by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jun 08, 2015
lomomike:

yep!, most visible btw the Venza and Sienna.
I think the front end designs that cuts across many model is that of Honda.
Re: 2016 Toyota Hilux by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jun 08, 2015
DGD1:
this there new design is something am still trying to get used to. from corrola, yaris, Camry, Avalon, highlander etc they have very similar front design, and to me its not really cool.
IMO the hilux should continue to have similar front as the 4runner if they don't have better design. this one looks too feminine, I feel it is loosing d ruggedness, but the rear still ok
that of honda too.
Re: 2016 Toyota Hilux by billy187(m): 8:49pm On Jun 08, 2015
lomomike:

angry na dem need am pass especially for dusty mine fields, offroad terrain, and construction works. wink cool

touché

1 Like

Re: 2016 Toyota Hilux by chucky234(m): 10:09pm On Jun 08, 2015
Ugly as usual, Toyota and their bland interior sha.
Re: 2016 Toyota Hilux by DGD1(m): 10:52pm On Jun 08, 2015
Bossforeva:
that of honda too.

I wonder what is happening to them all, when I saw the new pathfinder, from the front view I was like, this should be a Nissan Rogue or another Nissan product behold it was a PATHFINDER! I just kept mute.
may be a pathy for the women to go for shopping and pick up the kids
Re: 2016 Toyota Hilux by Nobody: 6:37am On Jun 09, 2015
chucky234:
Ugly as usual, Toyota and their bland interior sha.

E pain am o! grin
Re: 2016 Toyota Hilux by Nobody: 6:39am On Jun 09, 2015
DGD1:

I wonder what is happening to them all, when I saw the new pathfinder, from the front view I was like, this should be a Nissan Rogue or another Nissan product behold it was a PATHFINDER! I just kept mute.
may be a pathy for the women to go for shopping and pick up the kids

Pathfinder own just tire me. Why didn't they copy 4runner that went from badazz to 'badazzer'?

2 Likes

Re: 2016 Toyota Hilux by chucky234(m): 7:23am On Jun 09, 2015
lomomike:

E pain am o! grin
U sef know say dis motor ugly for a 2016 car na, dat interior wor-wor die.
Re: 2016 Toyota Hilux by DGD1(m): 9:18am On Jun 09, 2015
lomomike:

Pathfinder own just tire me. Why didn't they copy 4runner that went from badazz to 'badazzer'?

lolz
Re: 2016 Toyota Hilux by jodeci(m): 2:52pm On Jun 09, 2015
lomomike:

I doubt if the new pathy still retained its 4wd capabilities quite sleek and fast.

(1) (Reply)

Car Battery Choice/brand / Why Do People In Big Cars Oppress Others? / Cost Of AC Fan And Back Shock Absorber For 2005 Corolla Le

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.