Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,116 members, 7,811,136 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:10 AM

10 Stunning Natural Swimming Spots In Nigeria - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 10 Stunning Natural Swimming Spots In Nigeria (26485 Views)

Top 10 Hangout And Fun Spots In Ibadan And Its Environs / Major Dark Spots In Abuja (photos) / 5 Most Romantic Spots In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Stunning Natural Swimming Spots In Nigeria by kingphilip(m): 2:26am On Jun 08, 2015
Nigeria is blessed with some of the stunning natural swimming spots available for refreshing and relaxing
during vacation or weekend breaks.

These scenic swimming spots have become home to some of Africans most amazing natural wonders. Many Nigerians flock to these destinations during weekend breaks or holidays to enjoy .These swimming spots are places to cool off on a hot afternoon. The cool water activities including other fun things you can do around the areas are just amazing and exciting. It can only take something extraordinary to allure you away from the beauty that surrounds any of these spots.

Here are 10 stunning natural swimming spots in Nigeria; from waterfalls, springs to waterholes and
they are surrounded with lush landscapes and mesmerizing rock formations. Spend time with your friends and family in any of these spots and enjoy immeasurable hours of fun. So grab your swimming wears and a towel, and enjoy the water sliding from the spots.

All information and photos are Culled from http://www.travelstart.com.ng/blog/10-stunning-natural-swimming-spots-in-nigeria/

cc: seun Ishilove lalasticlala mynd44 justwise disGuy Frontpage please

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Stunning Natural Swimming Spots In Nigeria by kingphilip(m): 2:34am On Jun 08, 2015
1. Erin Ijesha Waterfall
Submerge yourself in the cool waters of Erin Ijesha – Olumirin Waterfall and have a swell time. Within the Osun seven step waterfall is the swimming spot, which is mystical and offers swimmers something daring to do when they jump inside the water at the base of the falls. Erin Ijesha falls is referred to as Olumirin by the locals. It has remained almost secluded because of its religious significance but it is open to the public.

2. Ikogosi Spring
Just be ready to lunge to great depths as your lungs endure while you duck dive down the water in Ikogosi Spring. It is tucked away by Mother Nature in Ikogosi-Ekiti, where it created a cold and warm spring to flow side by side, with few myths surrounding its origin. Visit this natural water spot and have a dip in any of the waters. There is no need wasting time if you really want to swim here, just go and make the fishes envious with your swimming skills.

3. Owu Falls
Some said that the heaven has come to be among men at this highest waterfalls in the country, with water cascading down to a pool of ice cold water. What an experience to swim here during the hot weather? You are not going to be alone when you arrive at the Owu Falls because there are a lot of swimmers who are eager to make a dive inside the water.

4. Wikki Spring
In the local Duguri language, Wikki is translated as ‘Where are you? Okay, if you ever find yourself in this warm water spring which is the largest in Yankari National Park, what are you going to do? This is where you can unwind and relax. This spring has become the favourite of tourists because of its constant temperate at 31.1°C.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 10 Stunning Natural Swimming Spots In Nigeria by kingphilip(m): 2:41am On Jun 08, 2015
5. Assop Water Falls
This is a nature gift to the people of Plateau State. It is situated in a picturesque surrounding that makes swimming exciting. Just some kilometres along the Jos- Akwanga road, you will find this stunning nature’s wonder. Definitely, you will love this place!

6. Agbokim Waterfall
There are a lot of tourist attraction sites in Ikom, Cross River state but Agbokim waterfalls is quite a beautiful spot to behold. This waterfall appears to be falling sheet of water. The cross border experience it gives to Nigerians and Cameroonians is alluring, the waterfall has seven streams that cascades over the rocks comes down as a seven faced falls.

7. Farin Ruwa Falls
All the way to Nasarawa State is situated the Farin Ruwa Falls. You have a natural swimming spot that has a height of 150m and 50 metres wide. You cannot beat the splendour that comes from this fall that is compared with the Niagra and Victoria Falls.

8. Arinta Waterfall
Are you thinking of going somewhere where only a few do, then it is time to visit the Arinta Water Falls in Ipole-Iloro, Ekiti State. It is surrounded by natural forest vegetation and it is not far from the Ikogosi Warm Spring. It is a perfect place for your picnic, relaxation and swimming.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Stunning Natural Swimming Spots In Nigeria by kingphilip(m): 2:44am On Jun 08, 2015
9. Enemabia Warm Spring
Do not expect to see a waterfall here. If you love waters, you would adore this stunning warm spring that is situated in Benue state. You can spend your day swimming here. The scenery of Enemabia Warm Spring is stunning and natural. For those who want to swim in exotic locations, no need travelling out of the country to do so when this warm spring is all yours to conquer.

10. Gurara Waterfalls
The last on our list is a waterfall called the Gurara Falls that is situated along Minna-Suleja road. You can only have one word for this place, blissful and when you take that first step inside the clear water especially during the dry season; do not expect to take a step backward because you are going to take a that dip.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Stunning Natural Swimming Spots In Nigeria by olamydey(f): 5:54am On Jun 08, 2015
Beautiful

shocked shocked grin
After 9yrs of been a nairalander,Im FTC.
This space belongs to everybody and belongs to nobody tongue

15 Likes

Re: 10 Stunning Natural Swimming Spots In Nigeria by mrsage(m): 6:51am On Jun 08, 2015
Nice
Re: 10 Stunning Natural Swimming Spots In Nigeria by greatmarshall(m): 6:52am On Jun 08, 2015
Nice
Re: 10 Stunning Natural Swimming Spots In Nigeria by Tabishkhan(m): 7:01am On Jun 08, 2015
These are some really beautiful places to visit i can see the mesmerizing beauty of this place in the image.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Stunning Natural Swimming Spots In Nigeria by harjibolar10(m): 8:41am On Jun 08, 2015
You mean all these are in Nigeria?

Wow, that's wonderful and beautiful

God bless ma country, Nigeria! !!!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Stunning Natural Swimming Spots In Nigeria by efilefun(m): 1:35pm On Jun 08, 2015
grin grin grin
Re: 10 Stunning Natural Swimming Spots In Nigeria by G12(m): 1:36pm On Jun 08, 2015
wow! I love nature and adventure
Re: 10 Stunning Natural Swimming Spots In Nigeria by Sijo01(f): 1:36pm On Jun 08, 2015
My village river too embarassed
Re: 10 Stunning Natural Swimming Spots In Nigeria by imsuboi(m): 1:36pm On Jun 08, 2015
This country is blessed sha smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Stunning Natural Swimming Spots In Nigeria by RichDad1(m): 1:37pm On Jun 08, 2015
Lagoon boys where you at?

1 Like

Re: 10 Stunning Natural Swimming Spots In Nigeria by Expsbterror(m): 1:37pm On Jun 08, 2015
Naso.. . Pure relaxing spots
Re: 10 Stunning Natural Swimming Spots In Nigeria by sukkot: 1:37pm On Jun 08, 2015
black man and water no dey mix. make i keep my bodyy jeje for house make i no go drown

4 Likes

Re: 10 Stunning Natural Swimming Spots In Nigeria by elohorayodele: 1:38pm On Jun 08, 2015
only been to 2 n 4. ikogosi was very nice coz its a warm spring with good lodging just a couple of feet away, wikki had the added advantage of wildlife observation

2 Likes

Re: 10 Stunning Natural Swimming Spots In Nigeria by andymofia(m): 1:38pm On Jun 08, 2015
sukkot:
black man and water no dey mix. make i keep my bodyy jeje for house make i no go drown

lmao
Re: 10 Stunning Natural Swimming Spots In Nigeria by StepTwo: 1:38pm On Jun 08, 2015
OP, did you say swimming spot?

Hmmmm!

1 Like

Re: 10 Stunning Natural Swimming Spots In Nigeria by Expsbterror(m): 1:39pm On Jun 08, 2015
Would love to take several dips in all
Re: 10 Stunning Natural Swimming Spots In Nigeria by AnneMomoh: 1:39pm On Jun 08, 2015
I really need a vacation in these spots

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Stunning Natural Swimming Spots In Nigeria by naijainfogalery: 1:39pm On Jun 08, 2015
some boys have started thinking, best spot to take that stubborn girl that has been doing shakara - Hmmmmmmm girls beware things happen under water oo

1 Like

Re: 10 Stunning Natural Swimming Spots In Nigeria by AnneMomoh: 1:39pm On Jun 08, 2015
DankemzI:
H

House?
Re: 10 Stunning Natural Swimming Spots In Nigeria by RichDad1(m): 1:39pm On Jun 08, 2015
The Federal Ministry of Tourism and their States counterparts are not doing the right thing.
By now, Nigeria should have been a better Tourist destination better than SA and Kenya

2 Likes

Re: 10 Stunning Natural Swimming Spots In Nigeria by ZACHIE: 1:40pm On Jun 08, 2015
After a 10 Metre wide rivulet killed 21 people in Festac, I stopped underrating any pool of water.
Any water wey pass bucket,I no dey play with.
Re: 10 Stunning Natural Swimming Spots In Nigeria by mkoabiola: 1:40pm On Jun 08, 2015
Erin ijesha is a gud place to catch fun but d govt are not investing in d sector.
Dere is no hotel to lodge
I was dere 4yrs ago.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Stunning Natural Swimming Spots In Nigeria by elohorayodele: 1:40pm On Jun 08, 2015
AnneMomoh:
I really need a vacation in these spots

avoid the ones in the north for now though

1 Like

Re: 10 Stunning Natural Swimming Spots In Nigeria by magicminister: 1:41pm On Jun 08, 2015
I can bet that the nigerian police has dumped some bodies (victims of extra judical killings) in each and every single water body in Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Couple, Their 3 Children Die As Car Rams Into Truck On Lagos-Badagry Expressway / Lagos: Agege Streets Flooded As Residents Go About Their Daily Activities (Video / Man Survives Accident In Imo: 'People Died, Some Injured' (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.