Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,887 members, 7,814,005 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:21 AM

Man Survives Accident In Imo: 'People Died, Some Injured' (Photos) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Man Survives Accident In Imo: 'People Died, Some Injured' (Photos) (26510 Views)

Man Survives After His Car Ran Under A Truck In Abuja (Photos) / Pastor Survives Accident Which Killed 6 On Lagos-Ibadan Road. Graphic Photos / Man Survives Accident Which Killed 7 Passengers Including Bus Driver. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Survives Accident In Imo: 'People Died, Some Injured' (Photos) by WNRblog: 3:02pm On Dec 24, 2021
A man has revealed that he survived a fatal accident which occurred yesterday, Dec. 23, in Imo state and he blamed the police and the Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) for the accident, Igbere TV reports.

He said a 40ft truck lost control and rammed into at least 10 cars that were at a checkpoint along NgorOkpala/Owerrinta road.

"People died, some got injured. I only had a dent in my car," he wrote as he shared photos of survivors looking shaken at the accident scene.

He blamed the police and the FRSC for mounting a road block along a road so narrow, despite knowing there's a bend ahead.

"Your officers were busy collecting bribes from motorists and thereby endangering lives," he wrote.

“How i flew from Lagos down to the East only to survive a near death experience along NgorOkpala/Owerrinta road today is what i can’t even explain. God is a merciful God. A 40ft truck driver lost control of his brakes & rammed about 10 cars at a police checkpoint. I survived it.

“I can’t post videos because I’m still having PTSD of what happened today. A family of 6 in that Toyota Corolla survived this ghastly accident. Right in my very before eyes, this truck cleared more than 10 cars. People died, some got injured. I only had a dent in my car.

“@FRSCNigeria @PoliceNG your officers caused this accident. How can you have a road block on a narrow road knowing fully well there’s a bend ahead. Your officers were busy collecting bribes from motorists and thereby endangering lives. What happened today was a nightmare.”

https://twitter.com/Omezuo1/status/1474153321535582215

Another user, who also claimed that she and her family were also in the accident wrote;
“My elder sister, her son, my twin girl a relative and driver were in the grey corolla, while me, my husband, my first daughter and twin boy were in the spider. We're still in shock but Super grateful to GOD. We all came out unhurt.”

https://twitter.com/Ekywoha/status/1474364933420863489

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Survives Accident In Imo: 'People Died, Some Injured' (Photos) by Mrkumareze(m): 3:04pm On Dec 24, 2021
sad that's what we see in the Eastern States.. Just like Oraifite, the police officers there are busy creating unnecessary stress to the road users, all they do is to collect money from motorist....

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Survives Accident In Imo: 'People Died, Some Injured' (Photos) by Nobody: 3:06pm On Dec 24, 2021
May his name be praised.

11 Likes

Re: Man Survives Accident In Imo: 'People Died, Some Injured' (Photos) by gidgiddy: 3:19pm On Dec 24, 2021
Nawah
Re: Man Survives Accident In Imo: 'People Died, Some Injured' (Photos) by SportsHD: 3:25pm On Dec 24, 2021
Fuvck the police. Wish the cops were ambushed instead.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Survives Accident In Imo: 'People Died, Some Injured' (Photos) by morikee: 3:32pm On Dec 24, 2021
Speedy recovery to the injured and rip to the dead

1 Like

Re: Man Survives Accident In Imo: 'People Died, Some Injured' (Photos) by Vinnie2000(m): 3:33pm On Dec 24, 2021
Onwa December no nonem ego!.. sad cheesy

Really, We have to Careful.

If your mind tell you say nor Travel, Sit down House oo! sad

1 Like

Re: Man Survives Accident In Imo: 'People Died, Some Injured' (Photos) by Stevenson20: 3:33pm On Dec 24, 2021
Let Jesus Christ Be praised. Hallelujah.

May the souls of the departed rest in peace.

2 Likes

Re: Man Survives Accident In Imo: 'People Died, Some Injured' (Photos) by naijaguy123456(m): 3:33pm On Dec 24, 2021
Bad road, overspending, drink drive. May God continue to protect us all.

3 Likes

Re: Man Survives Accident In Imo: 'People Died, Some Injured' (Photos) by NwaNimo1(m): 3:33pm On Dec 24, 2021
What speed could that lorry had been using? On such a narrow rd?

[img]https://media1./images/8449c89b2a5a67af4d98b99a8e403eee/tenor.gif?itemid=21379361[/img]

12 Likes

Re: Man Survives Accident In Imo: 'People Died, Some Injured' (Photos) by Curious345: 3:33pm On Dec 24, 2021
Sad.

Nigeria is a failed state ..

2 Likes

Re: Man Survives Accident In Imo: 'People Died, Some Injured' (Photos) by Nobody: 3:33pm On Dec 24, 2021
So sad , Rip to the dead
Re: Man Survives Accident In Imo: 'People Died, Some Injured' (Photos) by Timoleon(m): 3:34pm On Dec 24, 2021
MelesZenawi:
May his name be praised.

Whose name exactly? undecided

“People died, many injured...”

...I only got a dent on my car ‘may his name be praised’

2 Likes

Re: Man Survives Accident In Imo: 'People Died, Some Injured' (Photos) by Curious345: 3:34pm On Dec 24, 2021
NwaNimo1:
[img]https://media1./images/8449c89b2a5a67af4d98b99a8e403eee/tenor.gif?itemid=21379361[/img]
trolling comment section of FP just to post a "thinking frog?"

You need a mental health check

2 Likes

Re: Man Survives Accident In Imo: 'People Died, Some Injured' (Photos) by Baawaa(m): 3:34pm On Dec 24, 2021
T
Re: Man Survives Accident In Imo: 'People Died, Some Injured' (Photos) by prince4pro2: 3:35pm On Dec 24, 2021
Jesu
Re: Man Survives Accident In Imo: 'People Died, Some Injured' (Photos) by visijo(m): 3:36pm On Dec 24, 2021
Miracle...
It takes a second to pass into the other side.. cry
Re: Man Survives Accident In Imo: 'People Died, Some Injured' (Photos) by oluwaseyi0: 3:36pm On Dec 24, 2021
We praise the Lord for your life
We blamed the Lord for the dead

Guess the grace is in short supply and insufficiently insufficient
Re: Man Survives Accident In Imo: 'People Died, Some Injured' (Photos) by nesgeeek(m): 3:37pm On Dec 24, 2021
God u are wonderful, thank God u are alive.
Re: Man Survives Accident In Imo: 'People Died, Some Injured' (Photos) by juniorstar(m): 3:37pm On Dec 24, 2021
Chai...nawa oo life is a risk u neva know what would happen next.
Re: Man Survives Accident In Imo: 'People Died, Some Injured' (Photos) by greatbuc(m): 3:39pm On Dec 24, 2021
Most truck drivers are heartless abeg. Forget that tin. Every accident by them will be the fault of security operatives.. Hold the truck driver well o. Na him go pay.
Re: Man Survives Accident In Imo: 'People Died, Some Injured' (Photos) by Reference(m): 3:42pm On Dec 24, 2021
Blame the failed endSARS protest/movement that has failed to reform how the police and other law enforcement services operate.
The legacy of the civil war which ended in 1971 is the notorious 'checkpoint' that has proved totally ineffectual in combating crime yet has remained a security staple costing citizens millions in extortion rackets and countless lives. Yet the citizens have not found it worthy to demand for 'another' way to enforce the law and secure the country from crime.

It is a testament to the lack of progress in our nationhood that we still grapple with a security system that is only deployed in war torn countries.
What is it about the 'checkpoint' that makes it imperative.
Is there no other way to secure Nigeria.?

2 Likes

Re: Man Survives Accident In Imo: 'People Died, Some Injured' (Photos) by youngibeh(m): 3:45pm On Dec 24, 2021
I don't understand why you are blaming the officers for doing their job. You will still be the one to blame if security personnel are not on the road.

You said when approaching the bend, that means the vehicle must stop before getting to the bend. It may be a brake failure which is always a major problem with articulated vehicle. Pls stop the blame game and praise God for his mercy.

1 Like

Re: Man Survives Accident In Imo: 'People Died, Some Injured' (Photos) by Samuelnze(m): 3:49pm On Dec 24, 2021
just look at what #20 bribe has made a season meant to be joyful a sorrowful one..
Lives lost,properties destroyed while a homo sapien on a dirty black cloth smiles home with ill gotten money...
for those yet to travel for the christmas celebration may they never expirence something like this .AMEN.
including black devils

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Survives Accident In Imo: 'People Died, Some Injured' (Photos) by Dubetex96(m): 3:51pm On Dec 24, 2021
To those who survived the terrible accident thanks to God for sparing their lives to those who lost their love ones may God be their comforter in this sorrowful moment. Life is indeed cruel
Re: Man Survives Accident In Imo: 'People Died, Some Injured' (Photos) by manee2(m): 3:51pm On Dec 24, 2021
Timoleon:

Whose name exactly? undecided

“People died, many injured...”

...I only got a dent on my car ‘may his name be praised’
undecided grin
Re: Man Survives Accident In Imo: 'People Died, Some Injured' (Photos) by Tonymegabush1(m): 3:53pm On Dec 24, 2021
Watch as they will disappear 4rm that spot only to move distance away to mount another road block
Re: Man Survives Accident In Imo: 'People Died, Some Injured' (Photos) by Chibudollar: 3:54pm On Dec 24, 2021
Nigeria is not a country
Re: Man Survives Accident In Imo: 'People Died, Some Injured' (Photos) by SLOVFO(m): 4:01pm On Dec 24, 2021
youngibeh:
I don't understand why you are blaming the officers for doing their job. You will still be the one to blame if security personnel are not on the road.

You said when approaching the bend, that means the vehicle must stop before getting to the bend. It may be a brake failure which is always a major problem with articulated vehicle. Pls stop the blame game and praise God for his mercy.

Policemen and FRSC officials mount roadblocks in the SE mainly to extort motorists. And to achieve this ,they create unwarranted traffic gridlocks which lead to this accident. It's not about securing lives and properties...you probably don't live the in the SE.
Re: Man Survives Accident In Imo: 'People Died, Some Injured' (Photos) by candidbabe(f): 4:01pm On Dec 24, 2021
Thank God for your life.
Our God is a very present help in the time of trouble.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Auchi Polytechnic Student Dies In Accident Days To Her Graduation. Photos / Nobody Is Talking About Luxembourg / Danfo Rammed Into Trailer In Fadeyi, Lagos (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.