Stats: 3,150,914 members, 7,810,510 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:20 AM

Thin Is No More In - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Thin Is No More In (1479 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

Thin Is No More In by sirwebs(m): 9:22pm On Sep 16, 2006
Very thin models will no more be allowed to model in Milan. Prospective models can now be disqualified if their BMI is low. I guess it was bound to happen sooner than later.

I hope my friend who refuses to eat because she wants to be thin will now change her mind.
Re: Thin Is No More In by kiki(f): 9:31pm On Sep 16, 2006
sirwebs:

I hope my friend who refuses to eat because she wants to be thin will now change her mind.

hahahaha i do that too well i'm not fat but i don't want to be fat so i always starve myself but no matter ow much i do dat i still don't loose weight
Re: Thin Is No More In by Nobody: 3:28am On Sep 19, 2006
Hahahahaha, Good for those anorexic models, being extremely thin has never been cool.
Re: Thin Is No More In by iice(f): 6:22am On Sep 19, 2006
yes o i read abi heard about this. Ahahahahaha Milan and Paris are soon to follow on this ban. But good sha atleast make them get small meat for body chaiiii

Kiki, abeg(plz) dont starve yaself. Am sure you're fine just the way you are
Re: Thin Is No More In by TIFETOS(f): 9:23pm On Sep 27, 2006
The problem is that not every thin model starve themselves and not every fat people eat junk food.I personally eat anything that comes my way evry now and then,i love food so much especially fastfoods and chinese takeaways,but i'm  still very slim,and i c no reason why i should be banned from modelling just because my statistics are 32:22:33 and my BMI is 17.5.Being thin is what runway modelling is all about,when have u ever seen a fat mannequin used for cloth display?there r lots of areas in modelling whereby size doesn't matter,but i really think it's wrong 2 ban thin models from catwalk because not all of them starve themselves 2 be skinny.
Re: Thin Is No More In by qleyo(f): 4:06pm On Sep 30, 2006
Its now male models who are getting the stress to stay slim. The feminine pretty boy is in, muscular male models are going out. (Look at lacost, ralph lauren, louis vuitton ads)

Skinny jeans are in this season for men
Re: Thin Is No More In by Nobody: 10:34pm On Sep 30, 2006
@TIFETOS

you have a waist of 22! shocked
Re: Thin Is No More In by TIFETOS(f): 8:56pm On Oct 01, 2006
salsera:

@TIFETOS

you have a waist of 22! shocked
grin n i'm loving it n if i was taller than my normal 5feet 7inches,i would have probably gone back 2 make some dough in modelling but experiences in d past has taught me that height  of less than 5/11 could really be a big disadvantage wink
Re: Thin Is No More In by PrincessMo(f): 3:07pm On May 01, 2008
Models are still skinny. . . they jus can't look sickly!

Jeans Is The All Time Fav. Clothes For Youth. / Ugo Osmunds In Underwear / Fashion And Tailoring Outfit