Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,193 members, 7,811,509 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:19 PM

Ladies, Say Goodbye Sanitary Pads And Tampons! Welcome Period Panties! - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Ladies, Say Goodbye Sanitary Pads And Tampons! Welcome Period Panties! (3380 Views)

Lady Wears Panties To A Mall In Lagos (Photos Trending) / Reasons Why Ugandan Ladies Do Not Wear Panties - By UgandaExposed / Butt Pads, Boobs Pads, Are They Really Necessary? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ladies, Say Goodbye Sanitary Pads And Tampons! Welcome Period Panties! by naijadanny: 11:15am On Jun 08, 2015
Three Feminist Geniuses Just Invented a Pair of Panties That Could Change the World
Natasha Noman's avatar image By Natasha Noman June 01, 2015

Menstruation is a natural part of life, but it has long been and continues to be stigmatized. For many women, there's nothing worse than a noticeable leak during their period. But alongside the stigma-fueled embarrassment and shame, problems like lack of access to feminine hygiene products remain prevalent, especially in the developing world. Some girls in Uganda, for example, miss roughly 11% of their academic year because of their periods, according to a report on menstrual management.

However, three women have created a way to change that. Twin sisters Radha and Miki Agrawal and friend Antonia Dunbar designed the self-absorbing THINX underwear, which eliminates the need for tampons or pads.
Source: THINX/Pinterest

Their patented technology, THINX QuadTECH, has four layers. First is a moisture-removing layer, then a stain-resistant anti-microbial layer, then the equivalent of a pad, which "can hold up to 2 to 6 teaspoons of blood (or blue liquid, if you're shooting a sanitary pad commercial)," followed lastly by a leak-resistant layer. And these magical panties come in three different styles: Thong, Cheeky or Hiphugger, ranging in price from $24 to $34. Better still, they can go in the cold cycle of the washing machine (with a recommended hand-rinse beforehand).
Source: THINX

It's time to change. The inventors of this unique underwear are out to reform the world. ," Miki Agrawal, CEO and cofounder of THINX, told Forbes. "I want to change the culture around women's most normal time of month — and not while wearing grandma panties or pads that feel like a diaper."

Not only do the THINX cofounders want to change the conversation around menstruation, they also want to help women in the developing world who suffer both from a lack of access to sanitary products and the shame associated with menstruation. THINX has teamed up with AFRIpads, a Ugandan NGO that makes and distributes washable, reusable pads to women in need. For every pair of period panties sold, THINX donates the money for seven pads to AFRIpads, allowing women and girls on their period to go to school and work.
Source: Pinterest

Game changer. THINX has already raised millions of dollars in venture capital funding and plans to keep their business online as they scale up, in order to "control our brand, our story," Agrawal told Forbes. They hope to disrupt the multibillion-dollar feminine hygiene products industry, which, until now, hasn't had many alternatives. Since the advent of the tampon in 1931, there hasn't been any real innovation when it comes to menstruation, notes Agrawal. It's about time.

THINX has the added benefit of reducing periods' substantial financial and environmental toll, where millions of pads, tampons and applicators end up in landfills. These three women may have revolutionized the experience of menstruation, which women deal with for around a quarter of their adult lives. Now that's something worth celebrating. Period.
http://mic.com/articles/119796/this-new-magic-underwear-means-you-never-have-to-use-tampons-or-pads-again

Re: Ladies, Say Goodbye Sanitary Pads And Tampons! Welcome Period Panties! by domopps(m): 11:21am On Jun 08, 2015
Hmmmmmm! Op pls how much is this pant of yours?

Business comes to mind!

Cheeeeeers
Re: Ladies, Say Goodbye Sanitary Pads And Tampons! Welcome Period Panties! by maryam6(f): 11:23am On Jun 08, 2015
Nawa o, Oyinbo no go kill persin o.
Re: Ladies, Say Goodbye Sanitary Pads And Tampons! Welcome Period Panties! by Godmother(f): 11:26am On Jun 08, 2015
Amazing innovation, although one might be skeptical about using it at first.
Re: Ladies, Say Goodbye Sanitary Pads And Tampons! Welcome Period Panties! by bogolobango(m): 11:27am On Jun 08, 2015
women are really trying during thier menstrial period dem go still dey package thier yanch nd thier boobs u no go even know say something dey leak under
Re: Ladies, Say Goodbye Sanitary Pads And Tampons! Welcome Period Panties! by naijadanny: 11:28am On Jun 08, 2015
domopps:
Hmmmmmm! Op pls how much is this pant of yours?

Cheeeeeers

Thong, Cheeky or Hiphugger, ranging in price from $24 to $34 convert it to naira.
Re: Ladies, Say Goodbye Sanitary Pads And Tampons! Welcome Period Panties! by naijadanny: 11:29am On Jun 08, 2015
Its a welcome development; thats the power of technology.
Re: Ladies, Say Goodbye Sanitary Pads And Tampons! Welcome Period Panties! by Nobody: 11:33am On Jun 08, 2015
Interesting smiley

wonderful invention.

Twaci,, Adeh39. come see what you haven't see grin

Team Scent
Re: Ladies, Say Goodbye Sanitary Pads And Tampons! Welcome Period Panties! by domopps(m): 11:51am On Jun 08, 2015
naijadanny:

Thong, Cheeky or Hiphugger, ranging in price from $24 to $34 convert it to naira.

So 210 X 24 = N5040 or 210 X 34 =N7140 for just one pant!

This pant will not sell in Warri and Onisha quote me anywhere! wink.. and if na lie ask Sinaj!

Cheeeeers
Re: Ladies, Say Goodbye Sanitary Pads And Tampons! Welcome Period Panties! by naijadanny: 11:56am On Jun 08, 2015
domopps:

So 210 X 24 = N5040 or 210 X 34 =N7140 for just one pant!

This pant will not sell in Warri and Onisha quote me anywhere! wink.. and if na lie ask Sinaj!

Cheeeeers

The prize is high now cos the pant is new but as time goes on the prize would reduce and it would be affordable.
Re: Ladies, Say Goodbye Sanitary Pads And Tampons! Welcome Period Panties! by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jun 08, 2015
MzMayD:
Interesting smiley
wonderful invention.

Twaci,, Adeh39. come see what you haven't see grin

Team Scent

Walahi..... shocked
I'm speechless..... This is really nice......

#TEAM SCENT
Re: Ladies, Say Goodbye Sanitary Pads And Tampons! Welcome Period Panties! by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jun 08, 2015
adeh39:

Walahi..... shocked
I'm speechless..... This is really nice......

#TEAM SCENT
go get one quick grin
Re: Ladies, Say Goodbye Sanitary Pads And Tampons! Welcome Period Panties! by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jun 08, 2015
MzMayD:
go get one quick grin

I go tell Scent make he buy am for me wink

#TEAM SCENT
Re: Ladies, Say Goodbye Sanitary Pads And Tampons! Welcome Period Panties! by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jun 08, 2015
adeh39:

I go tell Scent make he buy am for me wink

#TEAM SCENT
shocked shocked shocked
Nice smiley

Team Scent
Re: Ladies, Say Goodbye Sanitary Pads And Tampons! Welcome Period Panties! by naijadanny: 12:43pm On Jun 08, 2015
MzMayD:
go get one quick grin
I think she would need more than one. By the way, have u gotten urs?
Re: Ladies, Say Goodbye Sanitary Pads And Tampons! Welcome Period Panties! by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jun 08, 2015
MzMayD:
shocked shocked shocked
Nice smiley

Team Scent

Abi nah wink

#TEAM SCENT
Re: Ladies, Say Goodbye Sanitary Pads And Tampons! Welcome Period Panties! by mystiqueDZ(f): 5:44pm On Jun 08, 2015
No thank you undecided
Re: Ladies, Say Goodbye Sanitary Pads And Tampons! Welcome Period Panties! by nikkyshyne(f): 8:54pm On Jun 08, 2015
Hmmm..looks awesome. Let's see if it will gain popularity.
Re: Ladies, Say Goodbye Sanitary Pads And Tampons! Welcome Period Panties! by nbolaji(m): 1:00pm On Aug 01, 2015
nikkyshyne:
Hmmm..looks awesome. Let's see if it will gain popularity.
I have them for sell..
Re: Ladies, Say Goodbye Sanitary Pads And Tampons! Welcome Period Panties! by nbolaji(m): 1:02pm On Aug 01, 2015
I have this panties for sell...
Buzz me on WhatsApp if interested

(1) (Reply)

Mum Shares Pictures Of Herself Breastfeeding With An Interesting Caption....pics / Glutathione Pills In Stock / What Cream To Apply To Make The Hair Long And Black (male)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.