Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,386 members, 7,819,394 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:31 PM

Alhaji Dangote: Please Come To The Aid Of Your Staff Members In DISC, Osogbo. - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Alhaji Dangote: Please Come To The Aid Of Your Staff Members In DISC, Osogbo. (21094 Views)

Woman Who Happily Drives A Dangote Truck In The North. Photos / Advice Needed:a Masters Degree To Aid My 2.2 Or A Life-changing Trip To Italy? / My Employer Wants Me To Come To His Church Or Be Fired (advice) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alhaji Dangote: Please Come To The Aid Of Your Staff Members In DISC, Osogbo. by cyberdurable(m): 2:12pm On Jun 13, 2015
Daura President grin

1 Like

Re: Alhaji Dangote: Please Come To The Aid Of Your Staff Members In DISC, Osogbo. by betty202020(m): 2:14pm On Jun 13, 2015
dangotesteel:

OSRC was privatised by the FG since 2005, the same thing with Jos and Katsina steel rolling mills.
OSRC was acquired by dangote group
Why acquisition without production? its better u acquire the number u can finance. since 2005 without production. One day we will here that dangote have bought NIGERIA without it functioning.

1 Like

Re: Alhaji Dangote: Please Come To The Aid Of Your Staff Members In DISC, Osogbo. by ucheokpara100(m): 2:17pm On Jun 13, 2015
but how will a matured man open his eyes and pay his fellow family man N20,000 for whole 30days.
Re: Alhaji Dangote: Please Come To The Aid Of Your Staff Members In DISC, Osogbo. by Anyi3(m): 2:18pm On Jun 13, 2015
eipreel:
20k isnt even sufficient for me as a lady let alone a family man shocked truly pathetic sad

That's why I'm working hard for you to be chopping my money grin
Re: Alhaji Dangote: Please Come To The Aid Of Your Staff Members In DISC, Osogbo. by lexy2014: 2:24pm On Jun 13, 2015
dangotesteel:

The complex has a 42.5MW power plant of its own and is connected by railway. The place has the ability to boom when a good management with a powerful technical background is put in place.
Dangote is known to do a thorough job and that's why we are calling his personal attention to the company. He just needs to set up a billet making plant so that the place can produce its own billet and may be upgrade the power plant to his own standard. The mill is quite ready ever since. In short, when the complex was shut down by the FG, it was in a very good shape. There is an on going extension of the mill but the billet making shop should have been given precedence above others.

It feels as if he does not know that he has a company like that, a big sleeping elephant waiting to wake up from its slumber. Remember he acquired the complex since 2005.

The staff status there now is nothing to write home about compared to other Dangote projects. As an example, other Dangote projects periodically have their staff welfare reviews but DISC staff do not benefit from those reviews. Sometimes, we use to doubt if the company actually belongs to Dangote.
like u noted d company has d potential 4 good things especially 4d staff. Not making any excuses 4 dangote, but without production I doubt if there will b any staff welfare review. If he has been paying u guys since 2005, though meagre, it means he will need u guys eventually and I hope soon. Whatever he is paying u guys now is from his pocket not d business

2 Likes

Re: Alhaji Dangote: Please Come To The Aid Of Your Staff Members In DISC, Osogbo. by eipreel(f): 2:32pm On Jun 13, 2015
Anyi3:

That's why I'm working hard for you to be chopping my money grin

do quick abeg angry
Re: Alhaji Dangote: Please Come To The Aid Of Your Staff Members In DISC, Osogbo. by Starships4u(m): 2:37pm On Jun 13, 2015
Wanna ask a question.... Is there anyone tying you to the job with an oath or spell

2 Likes

Re: Alhaji Dangote: Please Come To The Aid Of Your Staff Members In DISC, Osogbo. by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jun 13, 2015
Dangote understands the principle of durable wealth which is continuous acquisition. But what does the government know? The number one principle of poverty: Selling off vital national assets. Thank you Obj for your prodigal auctions. I hope something is left for the future.

2 Likes

Re: Alhaji Dangote: Please Come To The Aid Of Your Staff Members In DISC, Osogbo. by 9jatatafo(m): 2:41pm On Jun 13, 2015
Ok OP wait let dial Dangote's number and read your write-up to him.
Re: Alhaji Dangote: Please Come To The Aid Of Your Staff Members In DISC, Osogbo. by onegig(m): 2:41pm On Jun 13, 2015
obua:
My friend learn to talk with facts.
Non of the inland steel mills are functioning. There power requirements can't be met by the current setup. The have to look at building new power stations. The requirements for input materials can't be met by road haulage. Most of those public companies were not well planned before execution.
Dangote we all know is a serious business man and will do a very thorough job.

And the other newly developed private rolling mills just 5km from where this steel rolling mills is situated is still working perfectly even with a dedicated power line from the Osogbo sub station. If you must know, Osogbo has one of the best power supplies in the whole of Nigeria and energy is never a problem for any large industry situated around it.

The mill also has a dedicated rail line so what is the rubbish you are yarning about haulage and energy?

Stop responding to posts you don't have an idea of. Dangote acquired this rolling mills not because he wanted it developed or useful. It was just an acquisition to stand as collateral for loans he wanted to take coupled with the fact that it was highly undervalued because the stupid Federal Govt at that time sold it out to their cronies for a plate of soup.

Same thing happened to his 3G license he acquired early in 2004 or so that he had to later sell to etisalat.

No qualms with acquiring businesses, but first the lives of workers are at risk and also the privatisation laws clearly state that you must resume operations within a time frame of acquisition or else the sale would be revoked but we are in the jungle called Nigeria where some men are above laws.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alhaji Dangote: Please Come To The Aid Of Your Staff Members In DISC, Osogbo. by Jeezuzpick(m): 2:42pm On Jun 13, 2015
dangotesteel:

The complex has a 42.5MW power plant of its own and is connected by railway. The place has the ability to boom when a good management with a powerful technical background is put in place.
Dangote is known to do a thorough job and that's why we are calling his personal attention to the company. He just needs to set up a billet making plant so that the place can produce its own billet and may be upgrade the power plant to his own standard. The mill is quite ready ever since. In short, when the complex was shut down by the FG, it was in a very good shape. There is an on going extension of the mill but the billet making shop should have been given precedence above others.

It feels as if he does not know that he has a company like that, a big sleeping elephant waiting to wake up from its slumber. Remember he acquired the complex since 2005.

The staff status there now is nothing to write home about compared to other Dangote projects. As an example, other Dangote projects periodically have their staff welfare reviews but DISC staff do not benefit from those reviews. Sometimes, we use to doubt if the company actually belongs to Dangote.

Those Indian Managers still there?

Sankarran and Co?

Sankarran wanted me to leave a N60000/month job with project vehicle and free accommodation (back in 2008) to join DISC and collect N900/day with no housing or transportation allowance!

Dem swear for me?

I haven't had any nice experience with Indians since I started working with them. Unfortunately, more and more of them are worming their way into the Nigerian professional world, thanks to our less than scrupulous employers of labour!

1 Like

Re: Alhaji Dangote: Please Come To The Aid Of Your Staff Members In DISC, Osogbo. by Fidoko: 2:42pm On Jun 13, 2015
Since you have the required skills can you not seek for other jobs

1 Like

Re: Alhaji Dangote: Please Come To The Aid Of Your Staff Members In DISC, Osogbo. by Anyi3(m): 2:42pm On Jun 13, 2015
eipreel:

do quick abeg angry

Babe, too much money de purge ooh. Come and be with me now the money wouldn't purge you wink
Re: Alhaji Dangote: Please Come To The Aid Of Your Staff Members In DISC, Osogbo. by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jun 13, 2015
Nigeria is not getting it right for now in the area of Steel Technology. The giant Ajaokuta steel company comes to mind. The first day i took a tour round the whole Ajaokuta steel company, i almost shade tears. Why will FG spent trillions of naira on a project that can take over 50,000 workere, yet it was abandone

@dangotesteel : "The complex has a 42.5MW power plant of its own and is connected by railway"

My question is, is the power plant generating electricity presently? Remember the blast furnance(I dont know if i get the name right) use in steel complex requires bigger wattage of electricity....And what form of power plant is it? Gas, hydro, steam....etc?. If the power plant ALONE is functioning and you can generate just 30MW connected to national grid, they will be making over 10millionaira weekly after tax deductions, enough to pay workers and even increment in their salaries

Ajaokuta steel have 110MW steam power plant, yet they re not generation so far too
Re: Alhaji Dangote: Please Come To The Aid Of Your Staff Members In DISC, Osogbo. by hormeiza(m): 2:51pm On Jun 13, 2015
Its so disheartening the kind of work dey are made to do especially the stupid India MD. God is in control missed steel rolling and it wonderful engineers
Re: Alhaji Dangote: Please Come To The Aid Of Your Staff Members In DISC, Osogbo. by Jeezuzpick(m): 2:53pm On Jun 13, 2015
Fidoko:
Since you have the required skills can you not seek for other jobs

Steel rolling related jobs are niche jobs. Just like say, 747 pilots. There are only so many employers around to take these workers on. The steel industry in Nigeria is totally comatose (pathetically true for a country with massive iron ore deposits as well as limestone and coal!), so such workers are left with little else in the country.

Any Admin/HR, accounts etc staff still there must have their reasons.
Re: Alhaji Dangote: Please Come To The Aid Of Your Staff Members In DISC, Osogbo. by publicfigure: 2:55pm On Jun 13, 2015
I will advice them 2 post this information on Dangote's twitter page.

2 Likes

Re: Alhaji Dangote: Please Come To The Aid Of Your Staff Members In DISC, Osogbo. by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jun 13, 2015
eipreel:
20k isnt even sufficient for me as a lady let alone a family man shocked truly pathetic sad

really?
Re: Alhaji Dangote: Please Come To The Aid Of Your Staff Members In DISC, Osogbo. by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jun 13, 2015
I'm not surprised that many people were not aware that many companies are in this country treating workers like this...
naija....which way?
Re: Alhaji Dangote: Please Come To The Aid Of Your Staff Members In DISC, Osogbo. by Reference(m): 3:08pm On Jun 13, 2015
They admit they are not producing anything yet they want salary increases and yes, promotions, wait for it, because prices in the market place have gone up.

See how government has ruined enterprise. This is exactly why the privatisation of the telecoms and that of power are so, so different. NITEL was allowed to fail, to go bankrupt, PHCN was given lifelines, kept on life support so the evil seed has refused to die for private enterprise to germinate.

I am sure like the PHCN, Dangote inherited both the wheat and the chaff left by government. The very people who ran the company aground costing tax payers billions yearly, producing nothing want to run Dangote aground. The man will simply jump and pass.

I am certain if you evict the entire workforce and replace them with Chinese or Indians on the same salary, the plant will spring to life.

I don't think Dangote has locked the workers in the plant the way it is done in some Asian sweat shops. The hinges have not been welded neither are the workers in chains. If they cannot produce goods are create wealth for Mr. Dangote they are free to resign and join government where it is mandatory to be paid and paid well irrespective of productivity.

3 Likes

Re: Alhaji Dangote: Please Come To The Aid Of Your Staff Members In DISC, Osogbo. by Lucasbalo(m): 3:13pm On Jun 13, 2015
dhardline:
Wow..i never knew that oshogbo steel mill has been sold.I fear for this country.
That's why the country is not progressing. Nigeria is being run like a family business whrre nepotism is the order of the day. Most of this billionaires are proxies to the top men in power. They will sell the country if possible. What a selfish and greedy bunch.
Re: Alhaji Dangote: Please Come To The Aid Of Your Staff Members In DISC, Osogbo. by eipreel(f): 3:17pm On Jun 13, 2015
Anyi3:

Babe, too much money de purge ooh. Come and be with me now the money wouldn't purge you wink

no pain no gain angry
Re: Alhaji Dangote: Please Come To The Aid Of Your Staff Members In DISC, Osogbo. by eipreel(f): 3:17pm On Jun 13, 2015
adeoti01:

really?
yes ke wink
Re: Alhaji Dangote: Please Come To The Aid Of Your Staff Members In DISC, Osogbo. by akanbiaa(m): 3:18pm On Jun 13, 2015
Firefire:
[size=28pt]Where is Ahmed Bola Tinubu ?[/size] Come and save your people from the much you have collected from them. undecided
so Tinubu is also responsible for private companies in Osogbo?
Re: Alhaji Dangote: Please Come To The Aid Of Your Staff Members In DISC, Osogbo. by Firefire(m): 3:26pm On Jun 13, 2015
akanbiaa:
so Tinubu is also responsible for private companies in Osogbo?

Capital YES!

You need evidence ? we can supply. We speak and write base on what we know.
Re: Alhaji Dangote: Please Come To The Aid Of Your Staff Members In DISC, Osogbo. by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jun 13, 2015
The OP is crying when he still gets some monthly stipend. Go to DSC Aladja and see the way workers are dying like fowl. Almost 4 yrs now they've not been paid salaries. Mr OP your case is not bad. Just google DSC aladja and see the suffering GEJ and AMCON has been subjecting them to.
Re: Alhaji Dangote: Please Come To The Aid Of Your Staff Members In DISC, Osogbo. by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jun 13, 2015
Firefire:
[size=28pt]Where is Ahmed Bola Tinubu ?[/size] Come and save your people from the much you have collected from them. undecided

How anyone can just decide to be this dumb is beyond me really..

A disgrace to humanity the person behind the firefire moniker is.
Re: Alhaji Dangote: Please Come To The Aid Of Your Staff Members In DISC, Osogbo. by Firefire(m): 3:51pm On Jun 13, 2015
jayfolarin:

How anyone can just decide to be this dumb is beyond me really..

A disgrace to humanity the person behind the firefire moniker is.

undecided

1 Like

Re: Alhaji Dangote: Please Come To The Aid Of Your Staff Members In DISC, Osogbo. by win1234: 4:17pm On Jun 13, 2015
Why do osogbo people like begging
Re: Alhaji Dangote: Please Come To The Aid Of Your Staff Members In DISC, Osogbo. by room089: 4:34pm On Jun 13, 2015
How I wish Dangote would read this!
Re: Alhaji Dangote: Please Come To The Aid Of Your Staff Members In DISC, Osogbo. by babardos70: 4:53pm On Jun 13, 2015
But you all said is the richest man in Africa. I also read on these forum that he wants to buy ARSENAL. I dey Laugh. He has to be ABRAHAMOVIC OF CHELSEA WHO IS READY TO WRITE OFF DEBTS IN CASH WORTH BILLION OF POUNDS BEFORE HE CAN BUY ARSENAL. Football is cash in hand and not what you worth in Fixed assets. can Dangote spend £40 million cash for a party in a day like Dubai Prince and Abramovic.?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Car Operator Returns N888,000, Passport To Passenger At Lagos Airport / NLNG Organizes List Of 120 Workers To Be Sacked / Government Work Is Not Worth It After All

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.