Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,638 members, 7,955,325 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:48 PM

Meet Plankton, One Of The Most Important Organisms On Our Planet. - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Meet Plankton, One Of The Most Important Organisms On Our Planet. (21762 Views)

Readiness Of Nigerians For Genetically Modified Organisms/crops / Spectacular Photos Captures Bioluminescent Plankton And Aurora At The Same Time / Apocalypse NOW! Shocking Photos Of Mankind's Destruction Of The Planet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet Plankton, One Of The Most Important Organisms On Our Planet. by Feraz(m): 11:15am On Jun 11, 2015
Symphony007:
Should I be concerned that as an undergraduate spongbob squarepants is one of my favourite things on TV?
Nah. . .you should not. . .some of us who are graduates enjoy animes. . . wink

1 Like

Re: Meet Plankton, One Of The Most Important Organisms On Our Planet. by RobinHez(m): 11:15am On Jun 11, 2015
softnipples:
Is it edible?? Is it something we can eat If not, its not important!!
can u eat when u have no breath?
Re: Meet Plankton, One Of The Most Important Organisms On Our Planet. by RobinHez(m): 11:30am On Jun 11, 2015
back2sender:

This topic makes me remember my days in school in Benin. Nice topic!!!!
Thanks, check out the blog for more awesome posts, and leave some comments behind wink
Re: Meet Plankton, One Of The Most Important Organisms On Our Planet. by Kisses4rmDxtanx: 11:30am On Jun 11, 2015
50% of Oxygen in d atmosphere??
Re: Meet Plankton, One Of The Most Important Organisms On Our Planet. by Marvyx(m): 11:40am On Jun 11, 2015
The Lord is great..

1 Like

Re: Meet Plankton, One Of The Most Important Organisms On Our Planet. by RobinHez(m): 11:48am On Jun 11, 2015
Kisses4rmDxtanx:
50% of Oxygen in d atmosphere??
u read dat right wink
Re: Meet Plankton, One Of The Most Important Organisms On Our Planet. by Panshow(m): 11:49am On Jun 11, 2015
I did my undergraduate project on plankton. It's been quite interesting studying these organisms.
Re: Meet Plankton, One Of The Most Important Organisms On Our Planet. by Nobody: 11:53am On Jun 11, 2015
softnipples:
Is it edible?? Is it something we can eat If not, its not important!!

must everything be edible?.....no make me vex bite off dat ur softnipples.
Re: Meet Plankton, One Of The Most Important Organisms On Our Planet. by mikolo80: 11:54am On Jun 11, 2015
AKA see grass equivalent
Re: Meet Plankton, One Of The Most Important Organisms On Our Planet. by AnneMomoh: 11:57am On Jun 11, 2015
LAfricana:
k
kalakuta
Re: Meet Plankton, One Of The Most Important Organisms On Our Planet. by LAfricana(m): 12:03pm On Jun 11, 2015
AnneMomoh:
kalakuta

you this girl undecided

Check out www.africanwatch.net for lastest international Scholarships for Nigerians, and keep tabs with latest happenings in Africa
Re: Meet Plankton, One Of The Most Important Organisms On Our Planet. by RobinHez(m): 12:11pm On Jun 11, 2015
Panshow:
I did my undergraduate project on plankton.
It's been quite interesting studying these organisms.
wow...so are those facts raised about them true?
Re: Meet Plankton, One Of The Most Important Organisms On Our Planet. by RobinHez(m): 12:41pm On Jun 11, 2015
if na tonto dike na, dis thread for don reach page 6.... cry

1 Like

Re: Meet Plankton, One Of The Most Important Organisms On Our Planet. by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jun 11, 2015
Phytoplankton and Zooplankton. These aquatic organisms are the primary source material for the creation of petroleum, over geologic time.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Plankton, One Of The Most Important Organisms On Our Planet. by RobinHez(m): 1:40pm On Jun 11, 2015
yeah
motongs:
Phytoplankton and Zooplankton. These aquatic organisms are the primary source material for the creation of petroleum, over geologic time.
can u write that here in the comment box too? cry http://edscienceblog..com/2015/06/meet-plankton-one-of-most-important.html
plsssssssssssssssss
Re: Meet Plankton, One Of The Most Important Organisms On Our Planet. by MrCEO69(m): 1:44pm On Jun 11, 2015

Re: Meet Plankton, One Of The Most Important Organisms On Our Planet. by Sleekyshuga(f): 1:45pm On Jun 11, 2015
I'll be working on the Diversity of Zooplankton as a project topic.

Panshow:
I did my undergraduate project on plankton.
It's been quite interesting studying these organisms.
Really smiley? Your help will be needed wink.
Re: Meet Plankton, One Of The Most Important Organisms On Our Planet. by bettercreature(m): 2:20pm On Jun 11, 2015
Ayoswit:
Is this for real?
I dont think so,dont believe everything you read on paper those scientists are fraud most of the time
Re: Meet Plankton, One Of The Most Important Organisms On Our Planet. by ikorodureporta: 2:27pm On Jun 11, 2015
motongs:

*A Glass Of Chilled Kunnu For You!*

1 Like

Re: Meet Plankton, One Of The Most Important Organisms On Our Planet. by RobinHez(m): 2:39pm On Jun 11, 2015
bettercreature:
I dont think so,dont believe everything you read on paper those scientists are fraud most of the time
Ok...prove it otherwise...undecided
Re: Meet Plankton, One Of The Most Important Organisms On Our Planet. by RobinHez(m): 2:42pm On Jun 11, 2015
ikorodureporta:

*A Glass Of Chilled Kunnu For You!*
Pls sir, can u drop a comment on the source blog? I'd so much appreciate it...
Re: Meet Plankton, One Of The Most Important Organisms On Our Planet. by dombenis(m): 3:52pm On Jun 11, 2015
RobinHez:

if u watch the video, he emphasized on he's importance to spongebob
what is its name in Igbo language.
Re: Meet Plankton, One Of The Most Important Organisms On Our Planet. by RobinHez(m): 4:03pm On Jun 11, 2015
dombenis:
what is its name in Igbo language.
I dunno.cheesy
Re: Meet Plankton, One Of The Most Important Organisms On Our Planet. by Panshow(m): 4:15pm On Jun 11, 2015
RobinHez:

wow...so are those facts raised about them true?
Very very true, and even more interesting is the fact that, these organisms (Plankton) lacks the ability to move by themselves, they rely solely on ocean current for their movement and yet they produce 50% of oxygen in our ecosystem.

1 Like

Re: Meet Plankton, One Of The Most Important Organisms On Our Planet. by RobinHez(m): 4:31pm On Jun 11, 2015
Panshow:

Very very true, and even more interesting is the fact that, these organisms (Plankton) lacks the ability to move by themselves, they rely solely on ocean current for their movement and yet they produce 50% of oxygen in our ecosystem.
Amazing!
Do drop this comment on the source blog. Thanks!
Re: Meet Plankton, One Of The Most Important Organisms On Our Planet. by Panshow(m): 4:47pm On Jun 11, 2015
Sleekyshuga:
I'll be working on the Diversity of Zooplankton as a project topic.

Really smiley? Your help will be needed wink.
I worked on the Ecological survey of the abundance of plankton. Something closely related to what you'll be working on.
Working on plankton is pretty straight forward.
I'll be pleased to assist you in any way I can.
Feel free to contact me anytime.
Re: Meet Plankton, One Of The Most Important Organisms On Our Planet. by Sleekyshuga(f): 5:04pm On Jun 11, 2015
Panshow:

I worked on the Ecological survey of the abundance of plankton. Something closely related to what you'll be working on.
Working on plankton is pretty straight forward.
I'll be pleased to assist you in any way I can.
Feel free to contact me anytime.
Aiite.. Thanks..

I'll pm you..
Re: Meet Plankton, One Of The Most Important Organisms On Our Planet. by djembadjemba: 5:41pm On Jun 11, 2015
Zooplanktons and phytoplanktons are also the primary source of our fossil fuel bank.
Re: Meet Plankton, One Of The Most Important Organisms On Our Planet. by Ayoswit(f): 6:08pm On Jun 11, 2015
bettercreature:
ok
Re: Meet Plankton, One Of The Most Important Organisms On Our Planet. by RobinHez(m): 6:31pm On Jun 11, 2015
Ayoswit:
ok
Sis don't believe that dude o...read through the comments and u'll see so many biologists have confirmed it!

If u have any doubts about anything, google becomes the best option!
Its 100% true
Re: Meet Plankton, One Of The Most Important Organisms On Our Planet. by Kisses4rmDxtanx: 6:57pm On Jun 11, 2015
RobinHez:

u read dat right wink

Yes bro, bt i dnt knw if is right 2 doubt Science?
Re: Meet Plankton, One Of The Most Important Organisms On Our Planet. by RobinHez(m): 7:30pm On Jun 11, 2015
Kisses4rmDxtanx:

Yes bro, bt i dnt knw if is right 2 doubt Science?
as long as there's a proof to theories in science, doubting wont be necessary....read through the comments and u'll see a lot of biologists confirrmed it too

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

10 Most Strange Stars (known) In The Observable Universe.. / Nigerians Will See Blood Moon Tomorrow From 6:44pm To 9:21pm / Why Do Mosquitoes Buzz In Our Ears?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.