Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,974 members, 7,817,868 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:43 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 8 - Travel (106) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 8 (1076524 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by kfrosh: 2:05pm On Jun 29, 2015
me just thinking that raw cash is different from asset; what ya think
mevisbleek:

Why get a co-sponsor. He's sponsor has 13m in total to show, right?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by lexyj123(f): 2:11pm On Jun 29, 2015
lexyj123:
new to the room, can i use just building plan (not survey ooo) and receipt of land purchase as evidence of landed property to the canada embassy?

PLS I NEED AN ADVICE
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by kfrosh: 2:14pm On Jun 29, 2015
yes you can
lexyj123:

PLS I NEED AN ADVICE
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by favour0011: 2:25pm On Jun 29, 2015
thanks so much guys. my tuition fee is 14,800 CAD in total and living expenses should be about 10,000 cad. my sponsor can write 5, 6m or any amount is available for me but my major fear is that... would the VO regard that arrangement been that its a shares account and not raw cash
mevisbleek:

Oh now I see. I failed to notice the 4m. @ favour0111, that wouldn't suffice you need a co-sponsor
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jun 29, 2015
Team12:
"I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all." Ecc 9:11

Good morning all! Good news awaiting us this week. @Ugochux, @Taike, @loladeoye @Berexi01 et all brace up!
!!!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by omooba2015(m): 2:29pm On Jun 29, 2015
DPizzy:
Though av commented couple of times, I used to be an avid observer here...To God be the Glory, medical mail just drop few minutes ago. Here is the timeline of my application: Submission: May 6 Biometrics : May 8 Words can't express how grateful I am to evr1 who has contributed in one way or the other to this success. Special thanks to Anugoson (who vetted d Superlative SOP), Chrigo (who did an explicit review of my shortlisted school while seeking for funding), Oga Siga (while filling my app form, because I was worried my brother residing in Canada could be a major red flag to proven that am not intending immigrant), Tolyem (for his help in collection of police clearance and as well guiding me thru Lagos roads, as am not too conversant wit Lagos roads), Amefrica (for sending me samples of SOP). My regards to my pals here: Brandymcmb (ur gud news is loading), Ade bimpe, Twayz et Al...And to all Medical and Trv hopeful; may grant our heart desires. If you are heading to MUN, pls kindly signify #TeamMunites
Congratulations, kindly list out the documents u submitted,so that we can use to tackle others issues..... Cheers!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by GboyegaD(m): 2:30pm On Jun 29, 2015
saxywale:

I am interested, can I price it tongue
and I want the delta guyz room too. Since im no invite us for graduation parry. grin

Oga, guess he forgot. They had plans to have a party but you know group things sometimes can be messy. We went to dinner at a buffet though. How have you been?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Zattiezat: 2:31pm On Jun 29, 2015
kfrosh:
me just thinking that raw cash is different from asset; what ya think
In my case i had just 2.3 raw cash , but the other finance 8m was in fixed deposit and 2m in shares.
Think fixed deposit seems more liquid.
And my sponsor said 4m was avail to me.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Zattiezat: 2:33pm On Jun 29, 2015
kennykentipsy:
I did my medicals on Wednesday 24th at IOM ikeja 3 working days now.. how long does it take CIC to process the result.. haven't heard anything till now worried kinda
U r not alone lol i did mine at consultants blah blah weds aswell, guess u just have to b patient
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by kay29000(m): 2:38pm On Jun 29, 2015
Team12:
Hi guys, pls lets not spoil this PM thing for those that really need help and assistance fa. People should learn to be professional! When I reply a PM and all the person has to say is "Hello, my name is bla bla bla, how are you doing? I will like to know you better..." it makes me wanna puke! So when next I wanna reply a new PM I become extra careful. This is not a platform for pen pals. You ve got facebook and the likes of badoo for all that. Please let's respect and not misuse the tools available for us on this platform...#awordisenough!

So u are feeling like a fine girl now fa?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Team12: 2:40pm On Jun 29, 2015
Congratulations!!!

DPizzy:

Thnks @ all... deedee0, senarthor
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Graviton2(m): 2:42pm On Jun 29, 2015
Is the Schedule 1 form compulsory?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Team12: 2:45pm On Jun 29, 2015
lmao. The person never see me before fa? How im take know whether nor be married woman or "diwowo" im dey PM...I can't deal mehn!!!

kay29000:

So u are feeling like a fine girl now fa?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by favour0011: 2:45pm On Jun 29, 2015
@zattiezat.... did you make any down payment of your tuition? did you use a co sponsor? and how much was in your personal statement of account?? thanks
Zattiezat:

In my case i had just 2.3 raw cash , but the other finance 8m was in fixed deposit and 2m in shares.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by kay29000(m): 2:48pm On Jun 29, 2015
Team12:
lmao. The person never see me before fa? How im take know whether nor be married woman or "diwowo" im dey PM...I can't deal mehn!!!

Lol! Ok...I understand you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by standupguy(m): 3:00pm On Jun 29, 2015
Thread moves very fast over 100 pages already.

Is it compulsory for your sponsor to specify how much is available to you?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 3:07pm On Jun 29, 2015
I understand you.

But after being a vicctim of that circumstance as i had to Explain how my 5-year program became 6 yeaars when u calculate the difference in the number of years.
I don't think it's odd to chip it in as an added reason for not wanting to continue in this country.
It's not a reason for wanting to further your studies in general. Do yu get?

Team12:
So there is always an exception to every rule Mr @HayqinsBfX. I have my reasons for posting that statement. There are just some things that are not necessary. Of course you know that every case is different and some VO's don't even care about what you say in your SOP. But you never know whose hands your application will fall. Your friend's TRV is one out of many and I don't think it was the fact that he mentioned strike that convinced the VO as to why he needs to go abroad. There are more matured reasons you can give, always write positively!

I remember seeing it in your SOP and I think I deleted it (except you re-added it), because you had a better reason already stated for studying abroad and the strike thing was not really necessary. More so, you are not going for an Undergraduate program.

At Graduate level, your reasons for furthering your studies in a particular field should go beyond strikes in Nigeira....

In my Opinion Sha. No one has to agree. I just thought to mention it.

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Ugochux(m): 3:08pm On Jun 29, 2015
Graviton2:
Is the Schedule 1 form compulsory?

Its not compulsory..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Ugochux(m): 3:12pm On Jun 29, 2015
standupguy:
Its better to specify especially when your sponsor isn't your father/mother.. *i stand to be corrected*
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Ugochux(m): 3:14pm On Jun 29, 2015
kennykentipsy:
I did my medicals on Wednesday 24th at IOM ikeja 3 working days now.. how long does it take CIC to process the result.. haven't heard anything till now worried kinda

This is the kinda conversation I want be having now and not '7wks and still counting'..lol
Its well, God's time is d'best..

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by kennykentipsy: 3:18pm On Jun 29, 2015
Zattiezat:

in my case my sponsor had 2M raw cash and fixed deposit 3M but am the only dependant.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by SeraSera(m): 3:21pm On Jun 29, 2015
standupguy:

If it's a single sponsor, it's not. S/he can simply state that they would be responsible for all of your expenses. That pretty much covers everything.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by kennykentipsy: 3:24pm On Jun 29, 2015
Zattiezat:

U r not alone lol i did mine at consultants blah blah weds aswell, guess u just have to b patient

well am taking a chil pill what institution are u going to? ... in btw Ramadan Kareem

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by mevisbleek: 3:25pm On Jun 29, 2015
favour0011:
thanks so much guys. my tuition fee is 14,800 CAD in total and living expenses should be about 10,000 cad. my sponsor can write 5, 6m or any amount is available for me but my major fear is that... would the VO regard that arrangement been that its a shares account and not raw cash

Shares can easily be liquidated so I don't think it should be an issue
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by kennykentipsy: 3:33pm On Jun 29, 2015
Ugochux:

This is the kinda conversation I want be having now and not '7wks and still counting'..lol
Its well, God's time is d'best..

amen ooo.. thanks fam. God will favor ur all

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by mevisbleek: 3:35pm On Jun 29, 2015
FYI Guys: Wednesday is Canada day and as such VFS will be closed. Make nobody go enter motor from Akure heading to lagos on that day oh. Thanks

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Chars1289: 3:35pm On Jun 29, 2015
Team12:
VFS

thanks mam.Can you give me a break down of the process.do I submit and come back for it?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Chars1289: 3:37pm On Jun 29, 2015
@ kennykentipsy hve u called IOM to confirm if ur results have been sent to cic?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TALK2FABO: 3:41pm On Jun 29, 2015
Thanks for the vital information. It is not good at this time sha as they are going to be extending the tension days by another day. Make person no go faint ooooo.

mevisbleek:
FYI Guys: Wednesday is Canada day and as such VFS will be closed. Make nobody go enter motor from Akure heading to lagos on that day oh. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by bimbofela: 3:43pm On Jun 29, 2015
kennykentipsy:

@team12 pls tell us the truth you are a VO

me I didn't even include SOP and I got medical mail

See d work of d Almighty God. He does wondrous things.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by bimbofela: 3:43pm On Jun 29, 2015
kennykentipsy:

@team12 pls tell us the truth you are a VO

me I didn't even include SOP and I got medical mail

See d work of d Almighty God. He does wondrous things. Congrats
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by mevisbleek: 3:45pm On Jun 29, 2015
TALK2FABO:
Thanks for the vital information. It is not good at this time sha as they are going to be extending the tension days by another day. Make person no go faint ooooo.

No worry you no go faint. smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (401)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.