Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,851 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:14 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 8 - Travel (108) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 8 (1077905 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by ghannymoore(m): 6:05pm On Jun 29, 2015
Please I wanna know the processing time of study permit. Will appreciate your contribution.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by mevisbleek: 6:06pm On Jun 29, 2015
toluine56:

WTF
Idonblivit.

What don't you believe, the fact that there might be some vo's perusing this forum?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Chars1289: 6:12pm On Jun 29, 2015
@ invincible2006 the US V.O don tay for NL lol.He/she respond to pertinent questions regularly on his/her thread.cool dude

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by toluine56(m): 6:21pm On Jun 29, 2015
mevisbleek:

What don't you believe, the fact that there might be some vo's perusing this forum?
xowie 4 d reflex comment.
U knw av bin hearing this all along. Buh this is clear evidence.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by toluine56(m): 6:22pm On Jun 29, 2015
ghannymoore:
Please I wanna know the processing time of study permit. Will appreciate your contribution.
according to cic, 51wks in abuja, nigeria.
But obviously it doesnt take that long.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by lucky032(m): 6:28pm On Jun 29, 2015
lightdotcom:
Our corrupt and kangaroo system is our problems. Nigeria is not a lesser country. We have all the natural endowments here. If you talk Nigeria down in your sop for a mere visa it means you don't know the enomous wealth n potentials in this nation. Look what we need is good n credible govt in nigeria. God bless both countries

I just thought to say this on the floor of the house. So people can learn while drafting their SOPs.

I have noticed that people try to paint Nigeria as a lesser country than Canada, by stating that Nigeria has a poor
standard of living and education, the country is this and that, bla, bla, bla.

Please even though we all know the state of things in Nigeria, it is not wise to state it in your SOP. It is fine to paint Canada as the best place to study and all the good stuff as a reason for your choice, but leave it at that. We all know that Nigeria has issues and the VOs know it. But don't let it come from you.

Most times we wonder why some of us are denied because of "Home tie", but it might be more than having assets or a family back in Nigeria, your perception about your country matters a lot. Westerners love PATRIOTISM to the core!

If I were a VO, and you tell me bad things about your country in your SOP, I will deny you based on home tie, even though you have assets and family, because as far as I am concerned, why will you want to come back to a country that you think is poor in everything??

My advice is, when stating the reasons for choosing Canada just stop at raining down praises on Canada's economy and standard of education. NEVER say ill about Nigeria....

You bam

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by herkenorlar: 6:31pm On Jun 29, 2015
House, I need help o, this is my second application and i'm at this Friday will make the 6th week of my application, has anyone who applied on 22nd of may 2015 received any message?, please, I wanna know, thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by GboyegaD(m): 6:31pm On Jun 29, 2015
Phronesis2:
@Team12 and all the gurus in the house, pls i need ur advice. am expecting a new job probably starting next month, and i have already applied for my student visa. when i receive my TRV what are the chances of retaining my financial assistance from my professor for next year?

It depends on the professor and it is about a 50:50 chance. I don't know what your field of interest is nor your career goals however, it is a decision that is worth your critical thoughts and prayers. In all, I wish you the very best.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by NaD720: 6:33pm On Jun 29, 2015
DPizzy:
Though av commented couple of times, I used to be an avid observer here...To God be the Glory, medical mail just drop few minutes ago. Here is the timeline of my application: Submission: May 6 Biometrics : May 8 Words can't express how grateful I am to evr1 who has contributed in one way or the other to this success. Special thanks to Anugoson (who vetted d Superlative SOP), Chrigo (who did an explicit review of my shortlisted school while seeking for funding), Oga Siga (while filling my app form, because I was worried my brother residing in Canada could be a major red flag to proven that am not intending immigrant), Tolyem (for his help in collection of police clearance and as well guiding me thru Lagos roads, as am not too conversant wit Lagos roads), Amefrica (for sending me samples of SOP). My regards to my pals here: Brandymcmb (ur gud news is loading), Ade bimpe, Twayz et Al...And to all Medical and Trv hopeful; may grant our heart desires. If you are heading to MUN, pls kindly signify #TeamMunites

Congrats Bro! I see the Vo's aint sleeping! More TRV's to come. Amen!

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by GboyegaD(m): 6:33pm On Jun 29, 2015
kol1234:
@All!

Please anyone heading to edmonton?. Please how did you book online on egyptair using GTbank masters card. or Please what's the best and cheapest airline..

looking at stopping over @calgary

Lagos to calgary

If you have a US visa, your cheapest bet will be United to Calgary otherwise, I would advise you fly whichever airline is cheapest to Edmonton and then visit Calgary via Public Bus. I think Condor has good fares too.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by herkenorlar: 6:35pm On Jun 29, 2015
House, I need help o, this is my second application and i'm at this Friday will make the 6th week of my application, has anyone who applied on 22nd of may 2015 received any message?, please, I wanna know, thanks[quote author=ghannymoore post=35292245]Please I wanna know the processing time of study permit. Will appreciate your contribution.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by herkenorlar: 6:36pm On Jun 29, 2015
House, I need help o, this is my second application and i'm at this Friday will make the 6th week of my application, has anyone who applied on 22nd of may 2015 received any message?, please, I wanna know, thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by waleakins: 6:44pm On Jun 29, 2015
OGreene:
Am thinking of applying too.
Have you applied now?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by standupguy(m): 6:49pm On Jun 29, 2015
Ugochux:

Its better to specify especially when your sponsor isn't your father/mother..
*i stand to be corrected*

SeraSera:

If it's a single sponsor, it's not. S/he can simply state that they would be responsible for all of your expenses. That pretty much covers everything.

Thanks for your response, my sponsor didn't state that sha, but I did make 100% 2yrs tuition payment and I do have reasonable funds of my own
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by chops33(m): 6:55pm On Jun 29, 2015
Was at VFS today and was told it was Canada day...
I thought Canada day was supposed to be Wednesday..
And there was no notice on their website..
Pls who knows when this their "Canada day" thingy will be over?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by kfrosh: 6:59pm On Jun 29, 2015
Egbon!!! Better take a chill pill; we submitted same day but ain't giving myself high BP till after 8weeks and I get no response but till then the prayer continues cheesy
herkenorlar:

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by NaD720: 7:04pm On Jun 29, 2015
mevisbleek:
FYI Guys: Wednesday is Canada day and as such VFS will be closed. Make nobody go enter motor from Akure heading to lagos on that day oh. Thanks
Lol, As I did today. I entered bus straight to Lekki, on getting there, I was told Canada did not open today. Due to one stupid holiday which I didn't hear or or couldn't find on the internet. I was in traffic for nearly 2 hours and I was very pissed on hearing the news. Anyway's Is there holiday tomorrow? I know on Wednesday is July 1, Canada Day, So no need of going there. What about IOM? Would they be open on Wednesday Does anybody have an idea?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Team12: 7:06pm On Jun 29, 2015
lol!!! Vo ke? I am just a small Mathematician and Economist that eats and drinks analysis...

toluine56:

lol. Thank God i got support nw cos
I don talk am b4.
She's gud in analysing this stuffs.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by mevisbleek: 7:23pm On Jun 29, 2015
NaD720:

Lol, As I did today. I entered bus straight to Lekki, on getting there, I was told Canada did not open today. Due to one stupid holiday which I didn't hear or or couldn't find on the internet. I was in traffic for nearly 2 hours and I was very pissed on hearing the news. Anyway's Is there holiday tomorrow? I know on Wednesday is July 1, Canada Day, So no need of going there. What about IOM? Would they be open on Wednesday Does anybody have an idea?

U enter bus from Akure? Pele sir smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by toluine56(m): 7:24pm On Jun 29, 2015
Team12:
lol!!! Vo ke? I am just a small Mathematician and Economist that eats and drinks analysis...

little wonder.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by kennykentipsy: 7:31pm On Jun 29, 2015
NaD720:

IOM opens monday-friday except on Nigerian public holidays it has nothing to do with Canadian Holiday
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Team16(m): 7:44pm On Jun 29, 2015
Zattiezat:

Same to you my brother, may Allah accept our act of worship. I'm Going to the university of saskatchewan by his grace. Not a uni that is so common here, i am so on my own. Lol
Hi, please what course are you going for at Saskatchewan. Mine is chemical engineering.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Team16(m): 7:50pm On Jun 29, 2015
invincible2006:

No you are not on your own, I'm heading to U of S too come September... And I knew about two other Nigerians heading to the same school who has already gotten their TRV.
Which course are you going in for.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by mevisbleek: 8:22pm On Jun 29, 2015
herkenorlar:

Relax small you will hear soon. A friend applied May 8, 2015 online and he hasn't heard anything yet.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by aretheytheron(m): 8:29pm On Jun 29, 2015
chops33:
Was at VFS today and was told it was Canada day...
I thought Canada day was supposed to be Wednesday..
And there was no notice on their website..
Pls who knows when this their "Canada day" thingy will be over?

Do you have an idea if they will open tomorrow?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Debbie4unme: 8:44pm On Jun 29, 2015
taiwokazx:

@ Debbie4unme

These are list of documents I submitted

ur spouse should apply for spouse open work permit outside canada
copy of ur study permit
copy of ur visa page nd data page
letter from ur school
soa from both
marriage cert weddings pics
sop from both ( as Application for spousal open work permit)
employment letter
letter of intro from employee
pay slips
Personal Assets nd can as well include parents assets
nd make ur sop emotional nd also emphasise in ur sop that purpose of coming to Canada is to support ur spouse

Thanks taiwokazx for the Respose. can i apply with my kids?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by 2grozz: 9:05pm On Jun 29, 2015
herkenorlar:

Mine was 22 of may too....
Keep calm....
No word still!
#teamhopeful

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by taiwokazx: 9:13pm On Jun 29, 2015
Debbie4unme:

Sure
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by 2grozz: 9:14pm On Jun 29, 2015
Lol.....so kfrost, herkenorlar and my humble self submitted on same day....22nd may....
Hmmmm!
Nice.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by taiwokazx: 9:18pm On Jun 29, 2015
Debbie4unme:

Sure u can but I think ur kids will nid to apply for study permit if they will school in Canada . Guru in the ouse correct me if am mistaking oo
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Giov: 9:21pm On Jun 29, 2015
Team12:

Team 12, u in Nigeria or Canada?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by kfrosh: 9:29pm On Jun 29, 2015
O boy!!! We plenty o grin
2grozz:
Lol.....so kfrost, herkenorlar and my humble self submitted on same day....22nd may....
Hmmmm!
Nice.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) ... (401)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.