Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,996 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:31 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 8 - Travel (147) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 8 (1074577 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by nanaposh29: 10:17am On Jul 07, 2015
kennykentipsy:

you are in the rite forum
thank u very much Kenny. I'm in final year in school and just av less than 4months to graduate, I wish to start applying from now. I don't know if it is a good idea?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Aussie4me: 10:18am On Jul 07, 2015
yemite295:
Wowwwwwwww Tnk God I just received a mailfrom canada to go for medical exam......am so happy I submitted my application on the 9th of June and received a mialtoday today (6 july)....mtnk u guys so much
I appreciate

Congratulations for the medical call, My brother got same too yesterday he submitted on the 9th of june too

but there was not medical form attached to the mail as they indicated in the mail

what was attached is the stamped copy of the passport

do you experience same?

if not house help what is he going to do?

can go for the medicals without the form?

Thanks for your prompt response as he is on way to lagos now

l advice him to use IOM
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TimeplusChance: 10:19am On Jul 07, 2015
Good day Team,

I have been following this thread for a long time. Nice job. I applied online and my app is more than 8 weeks now. I mailed Accra immigration no response. I filled a case enquiry for global, no response. I filled a case enquiry for lagos and they replied that my application is processed in Ghana. see attached.

In response to Mighty's post, am just confused. who do we follow now, CIC website or Lagos Immigration who told me my application is processed in Ghana?

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by handyteddy: 10:22am On Jul 07, 2015
congratulations to your brother, did he pay his school fees before he applied?
Aussie4me:

Congratulations for the medical call, My brother got same too yesterday he submitted on the 9th of june too

but there was not medical form attached to the mail as they indicated in the mail

do you experience same?

l advice him to use IOM

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by kennykentipsy: 10:22am On Jul 07, 2015
tnuola:
Who else noticed that the mails drop from like 12noon?

and I notice they send them like bulk sms

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Graphical(f): 10:23am On Jul 07, 2015
My application is exactly 8 weeks today. No response yet. God has been faithful. I don't even know how I have managed for the past two months.
Father continue to take perfect control o.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TALK2FABO: 10:23am On Jul 07, 2015
Enter road sharp sharp go collect your documents.

JannieO:
Hello evry1, ...wishing all the TRV hopefuls success

pls i need to know if this mail means collection ".....Your processed passport has been dispatched from the Canada Visa Office {Location}, on 30/06/2015 to the Canada Visa Application Center." or should i still wait for a "ready for collection" kinda of mail and if i'm 2 wait, hw much longer do i need 2 chill?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by 2grozz: 10:26am On Jul 07, 2015
deedee0:

Lool.. It's like u are for comedy today.

Me ba?
Not really oh!
Just stating the obvious oh!
Am sorry if along the line it seem comical
The wait is real!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Aussie4me: 10:27am On Jul 07, 2015
handyteddy:
congratulations to your brother, did he pay his school fees before he applied?

No he only paid the admission deposit of $100CAD
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by kennykentipsy: 10:29am On Jul 07, 2015
nanaposh29:
thank u very much Kenny. I'm in final year in school and just av less than 4months to graduate, I wish to start applying from now. I don't know if it is a good idea?

u can't apply now cos u need some documents from ur institution to apply for admission and visa document such as transcript, statements of result/certificate
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by berexio1: 10:29am On Jul 07, 2015
TimeplusChance:
Good day Team,

I have been following this thread for a long time. Nice job. I applied online and my app is more than 8 weeks now. I mailed Accra immigration no response. I filled a case enquiry for global, no response. I filled a case enquiry for lagos and they replied that my application is processed in Ghana. see attached.

In response to Mighty's post, am just confused. who do we follow now, CIC website or Lagos Immigration who told me my application is processed in Ghana?
Nawaoo.......these people had better take things seriously...Since lagos sent u that mail then it is right to assume accra handles it bt who knows the message looks automated and its possible that the person who set it hasn't removed it yet..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 10:31am On Jul 07, 2015
wat prog is he going for and after wat program....
congrats to him
Aussie4me:

do you experience same?

l advice him to use IOM

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by berexio1: 10:33am On Jul 07, 2015
Graphical:
My application is exactly 8 weeks today. No response yet. God has been faithful. I don't even know how I have managed for the past two months.
@graphical lomo...relax, we are getting a positive update soon!

Meanwhile av u received another 'tantu message'?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by kennykentipsy: 10:34am On Jul 07, 2015
Graphical:

well I know how it Is waiting when I was doing my medicals my BP was derm high...but don't worry God is in control good news coming soon.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Aussie4me: 10:34am On Jul 07, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
wat prog is he going for and after wat program....
congrats to him

He is going for infomation system at UNB
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by tnuola(f): 10:36am On Jul 07, 2015
kennykentipsy:

and I notice they send them like bulk sms

True, noticed that too.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 10:38am On Jul 07, 2015
UG..or masters?
Aussie4me:

He is going for infomation system at UNB
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Aussie4me: 10:39am On Jul 07, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
UG..or masters?

Undergraduate
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by 2grozz: 10:41am On Jul 07, 2015
Even the so called "thank you for your your patience" message I still have not seen.....
Anyway my mind is saying:.of what use is the thank you for your patience message, when the medical call will drop soon
Leggoo grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by berexio1: 10:43am On Jul 07, 2015
tnuola:
Who else noticed that the mails drop from like 12noon?

12 noon, Some minutes to 4pm

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by tnuola(f): 10:45am On Jul 07, 2015
berexio1:
12 noon, Some minutes to 4pm

Yup...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by edogasz: 10:45am On Jul 07, 2015
tnuola:

True, noticed that too.
even the bulk sms sef I never see *sigh*

Well me don de park o, de buy things small small . Me I know say my TRV de come cos I wan commot early

Not my power . Na by Gods grace

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by berexio1: 10:45am On Jul 07, 2015
2grozz:
Even the so called "thank you for your your patience" message I still have not seen.....
Anyway my mind is saying:.of what use is the thank you for your patience message, when the medical call will drop soon
Leggoo grin
Exactly...lol...But if u wan dey receive am tick 'update me monthly' on ur CIC page
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by berexio1: 10:48am On Jul 07, 2015
tnuola:

Yup, that's d trend I noticed
1st and 2nd Batch for the day...Like play like play, we don dey read CIC like book grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Chars1289: 10:51am On Jul 07, 2015
So i collected my PP last week and all thanks to baba G for his mercies all through. cool

Have been reading the read more than 2yrs now and have learnt alot from nairaland and i think its necessary for me to pass on this bit of info to help others and i will like to dwell more on the sop that we submit.Inasmuch as some peeps didnt submit sop and got their visas,it is also important for those who want to submit a statement of purpose/Letter of explanation to write intelligently.You may either help your case with the sop or harm yourself with it(i read one of such here recently).Tho am not sure the v.os do read every content of it but the ball is in your court to write a knowledgeable sop if you choose to submit one.

In my opinion,what matter most to the v.o is to know if you truly going to Canada to study,if you have enough funds for your studies,why you choose that sch compared to other schools and if you will be returning after your studies even though they know most people plan not return it is mandatory for you to prove to the v.o.that you will return.

For the home tie part,they expect applicants to have both social and economic ties to his/her of residence in lieu of that if you married; you have a good social home tie,also if you have siblings and parents in Nig that is another good social home tie for unmarried peeps.
For the economic ties,that is when the employment situation comes in, for those working and looking forward to return to the company they work for after studies.This should serve as a good economic home tie.But for someone who recently graduated like me,i think your future plans and goals should serve as a good home tie for you should try to write a knowledgeable plan for your career relating all plans after studies to Nig.

Having said that, i read in part 6 of the forum where someone indicated that he/she will come back to setup a lab after his/her studies.That kind of plan after your studies is vague and clearly shows the v.o that you might not return.To be realistic,where do you want to access funds to setup the lab after spending so much in canada.Though,its not bad to have that kind of plan after studies but you have to be realistic enough.

I will advise we think outside the box when stating the reasons why we will return to Nig after our studies and not be vague about the plan.Here is a way you can show a shrewd and mellifluous plan after studies.

[I intend to work for few years as part of ***** manufacturing firm here in Nigeria. After which, I plan to start of my own ***** company in collaboration with a public sector authority resulting to a public-private partnership. And also, to assess loan from Central Bank of Nigeria's Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises Development Fund (MSMEDF) OR funds available for SMEs in the Bank of Industry to start up my proposed ***** firm]. I think this looks detailed and shows you have deep plans than just saying i will come back to set up a laboratory.Just think towards this line of thought.

***In adittion try to read the USA student thread once inawhile you will get more info on what the v.os look out for during interviews,this will help you to build a good SOP***

This my little piece and hope it will be helpful to someone out, there dnt mind my typos.Shalom!!!

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by tnuola(f): 10:55am On Jul 07, 2015
berexio1:
1st and 2nd Batch for the day...Like play like play, we don dey read CIC like book grin

When their ways are not straight again, we have to study them.

Btw don't dull urs fit enter with 1st batch for today.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by deedee0: 10:58am On Jul 07, 2015
berexio1:
Lool I thought I was the only one studying them o.. Theres 3rd batch too, some receive the mail in d evening 7pm thereabout

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by berexio1: 11:03am On Jul 07, 2015
tnuola:

When their ways are not straight again, we have to study them.

Btw don't dull urs fit enter with 1st batch for today.
Yesoo can't wait to testify!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by berexio1: 11:05am On Jul 07, 2015
deedee0:

Lool I thought I was the only one studying them o.. Theres 3rd batch too, some receive the mail in d evening 7pm thereabout
I want to believe those ones didn't check their 4pm mail..lol
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by bosypumpin: 11:15am On Jul 07, 2015
hi house, this is my first comment since joining the thread. i am an avid reader and a silent observer. when i want to unwind, i just log on to NL and get informed the more.

I got admitted to U of M and UBC for LL.M with full funding, Research based.
Admission March 30th
I have a baby and do not intend leaving her behind.
we did online and May 28th, we were denied.
Insufficient funds; my daughter (naturally), purpose of visit

Of course, I re fired and June 12th, I did biometrics,
online application again.
i'm expectant oooooo. cos my research supervisor sits on the Chair of the school of Graduates Studies and the exchange between us ehn, as been awesome.(im settling for U of M) cos it is 1 yr while UBC is two years.

If i don't chop TRV, na im be say God no want am. cos my sponsor's account opening balance na 42m, closing 18m, i run a partnership law ofice in Lagos Metropolis with some senior friends, my own account closing balance is 2.2m the funding from sch, ( i had three of them) is $28k and there are still some to be grabbed when there.

Confession time, the reasons for typing now is to answer the questions of those seeking for research supervisors.

My humble opinion is this, i checked my faculty, went through their top ogas, wrote down the courses that appealed to me, then i sent mails to them.
I didnt have a closed mind as per the specific area, i made my choices flexible.

PS; maybe going through the faculty would help widen your choice of course as well as supervisors.
All the best to us all.

We will all share our testimonies, Canada good ooooo grin

5 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by morgan2006(m): 11:18am On Jul 07, 2015
Good afternoon, E-Family:

I was refused in June for these reasons:

Purpose of Visit
Personal Assets
Home ties
Travel History

I was really down but decided to apply for my gcms file and got the response in the screenshot below. The gcms report states that I am 34 yrs with large gaps in academic history. This is wrong cos I am 27 yrs and currently working in a job which is directly related to my first degree(Computer science).
Please members of this forum help me with every possible advice that I can use to refire for a January application. I remain forever thankful for your anticipated constructive counsel.

(1) (2) (3) ... (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) ... (401)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.