Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,863 members, 7,817,548 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:11 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 8 - Travel (259) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 8 (1076408 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by GboyegaD(m): 12:10am On Jul 27, 2015
ayooluwatoni:

Of course it will work, but would be roaming right? Do you make and receive calls with it? How is the roaming charges like? What about data too? And if I may ask, why do you still use MTN? Are there no better network plans there?

Like I said, I'm keeping it to track calls from my friends in Nigeria I don't want to give my number. I can't make calls with it however, I get calls coming through (I don't pick them though) and text messages. I use Rogers here.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by ayooluwatoni(m): 12:15am On Jul 27, 2015
GboyegaD:

Like I said, I'm keeping it to track calls from my friends in Nigeria I don't want to give my number. I can't make calls with it however, I get calls coming through (I don't pick them though) and text messages. I use Rogers here.

Oh! Sorry, I missed that part.....was just curious! So you basically dont use it for anything apart from keeping track with home? But you may need to occasionally recharge it, so it doesn't get recycled!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by GboyegaD(m): 12:19am On Jul 27, 2015
justicia:
Hello everyone, I guess its ok to book a one way ticket right, cos that's what everybody seems to be booking. Just curious cos av heard peeps here talk abt how booking a round trip is beneficial. Although the round trips am seeing have killer fares. Pls enlighten.

You can book a one way ticket on a student visa however, if it is more expensive, book a return ticket.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by GboyegaD(m): 12:48am On Jul 27, 2015
ayooluwatoni:

Oh! Sorry, I missed that part.....was just curious! So you basically dont use it for anything apart from keeping track with home? But you may need to occasionally recharge it, so it doesn't get recycled!

I don't but might do that myself this week since yOu mentioned it.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by GboyegaD(m): 12:54am On Jul 27, 2015
Team12:
Arik=delay or flight cancellation. The best i do is use them for local flights cos there is no better option. But even if they give me free ticket to fly them international, i no go take ooo. I can't fit to shout!!!

Eyah! I guess they messed you up a couple of times. They messed me up once on the International route and it was the 1st time I was coming to Canada. They made me lose my connecting flight and they were disrespectful when I approached their ground staff at JFK as Delta Airlines requested. I had to book a new ticket from JFK to YYC as Delta insisted only Arik can make them change my ticket at no cost.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by constant57: 2:03am On Jul 27, 2015
Hi guys,

Is anyone coming to Saskatoon in August. I would like to send an item through him or her. Epp a brother please.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by GboyegaD(m): 2:31am On Jul 27, 2015
Generals03:

1. Travel history
2. Family ties in canada and in country of residence
3.Purpose of visit
4.Personal assets and finanical status.
Do i need more sponsors or what?
How do i tackle...am so confused right now

My dear it is well. Please take note of the following when reapplying.

1. Personal assets and financial status: Means the VO thinks the 5.1m in your sponsor's account may not be enough to cater for your tuition and stay, since you stated that your tuition plus stay would cost $26,000 dollars, and thats about N5million.

Your brother may have a wife or his family to cater to or he may even have to withdraw some of the money for something urgent. Hence the money is too thin and does not have enough tolerance.
Do you consider having a joint sponsor?

2. Family ties: Means the VO is not satisfied you have enough ties here in Nigeria to return after your program. How many siblings do you have? [b]Did you give enough information about them by submitting their birth certificates? Did you submit the birth certificates of your parents?[\b] Does your dad own a company here?

Are you employed? What have you been doing since you graduated school? Did you submit an SOP to explain in brief why you chose your program, why you chose Canada and why you would return to Nigeria after your program?

You need something to convince the VO that you will return to Nigeria.

3. Purpose of visit:
Are you going for an UG or PG? What course did you study in your UG and what course do you intend going for in Manitoba? Are they related? Please provide these info so we can help you reapply.

Don't worry, it will be fine. Just chill and prepare to reapply.

I was forced to quote the bolded and laugh. How does that determine family ties? I have met people who are the last member in their family to leave Nigeria and were not denied. In essence, I don't think those are necessary.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by GboyegaD(m): 2:36am On Jul 27, 2015
Godymn:

Was just thinking....Whats the implication if you only state that your the only child or mayb you state you and one of your sibling?

Please, don't deny the other members of your family because of your intention to study abroad. Just declare them and keep an open mind about your application. Lastly, try to apply for funding if you are eligible.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Ggbadex: 2:47am On Jul 27, 2015
Hello,

Is anyone coming to Conestoga in August. I would like to send an item through him or her. Help a brother please
U can mail on

arfeaz001uk@yahoo.com....thanks inadvance
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by GboyegaD(m): 3:05am On Jul 27, 2015
yetunde84:

Sorry dis might be impossible...you cannot get more dan 2 connecting flight...you either get to toronto and den get anoda flight to st. John's

Why can't you get more than two stop overs?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by yusuf000000: 3:59am On Jul 27, 2015
Pls i did my biometrics on 6 july2015 and am yet to get any mail from cic and am very anxious hope am still on saver side
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by yusuf000000: 4:03am On Jul 27, 2015
yusuf000000:
Pls i did my biometrics on 16 june 2015 and am yet to get any mail from cic and am very anxious hope am still on saver side
Pls i did my biometrics on d 16 june 2015 and am yet to get any mail frm cic hope am still save
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 4:37am On Jul 27, 2015
lakusi:

Eeyah sorry about the phone ish. Kindly send an "hello" message to leksidenatty@yahoo.com with ur number ... Thanks bro. cheesy

Done.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 4:45am On Jul 27, 2015
GboyegaD:

Mine does perfectly. Here is my account balance since January.

What province are you in that your MTN still works?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by GboyegaD(m): 5:33am On Jul 27, 2015
Snappyfingaz:

What province are you in that your MTN still works?

AB
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Godymn: 5:36am On Jul 27, 2015
ayooluwatoni:

See, I'm not gonna assume the position of Mr. Know all, or VO's younger brother who knows how they think always...... just kinda familiar with a couple of embassies. With recent happenings no one can say a particular amount is the ideal amount. Their are people who applied with a balance of over 10M and yet got denied on the grounds of insufficient funds. What I do personally is this, I make my letter of sponsorship a bit comprehensive, such that it does not only talk about "the sponsor sponsoring me....bla bla", I make my sponsor(s) give brief info about me (to show they know me so well), my past academic achievements, what I do at the moment etc. So my achievements would be a basic reason why my sponsor will be sponsoring me. Then I go further to state how much has been budgeted for my trip/study, and how/when they would be giving me the money. Finally, my sponsor would vouchsafe on my behalf that I will neither abscond nor be a liability to the VO's country, and conclude by asking the VO to contact him/them via phone, email or address (they often dont make such contact) should he/she need more clarifications.
I dont assume those VOs know anything about me, I take my time to tell them every bit of information, even if it is so obvious, and I try my best to evidence any claim I make.
So if your co-sponsor will be giving you 2m annually, he/she should be able to show proof that he/she has what it takes to give you such huge sum of money!

Ok, i get your point. Give them what you have + evidence. I will work on that as well.

Thanks man.

Between, what school, course and level are you heading for?

***Appreciate***
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Godymn: 5:48am On Jul 27, 2015
GboyegaD:

Please, don't deny the other members of your family because of your intention to study abroad. Just declare them and keep an open mind about your application. Lastly, try to apply for funding if you are eligible.

Thanks GboyegaD....Just random thoughts.

My plan was to delare all members, but say 2 other dependants since my elder sibling will be through with school early next year. Another way around that ayooluwatoni advised is to declare all members, and state which level my other siblings are in presently(education wise).

I dont know if i'm eligible with the two schools i have on ground. I will check that out. But incase you have any in mind, your suggestion will be highly appreciated. Going for UG in Computer Information System or anything relating to IT.

***Appreciate***
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by donhuko: 6:32am On Jul 27, 2015
TheBae:
Please leave at least 10-12 weeks allowance between the date you apply and the date you want to go. No one can predict the fastest route or how long it will the take. It can take 3weeks, 5weeks, 8weeks or even 10weeks to get your passport back in your hands. So apply early. Applying late is absolutely not advisable but can work out eventually. You can defer your admission if your documents aren't ready by September/October since enrolment starts in December

Thanks a lot for the info. You're really a bae
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 6:44am On Jul 27, 2015
GboyegaD:

AB

I see. Mine doesn't work in SK, MB and ON

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by rolandy22: 7:25am On Jul 27, 2015
hi p
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by eetti: 7:47am On Jul 27, 2015
rolandy22:
hi peeps, i wan to apply for study permit through paper route. are these the only 2 document to print out (IMM1294E and IMM5645E forms)

Print everything displayed under paper route.

The case when you print out only IMM1294E and IMM5645E forms is when you use the online route.

Hope that was helpful
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TheBae: 7:48am On Jul 27, 2015
I swear I saw this on travelstart and then it disappeared completely! Thank God you mentioned it, it's the best option for me coos I can quickly enter UK to shop! Went to Virgin office in Maryland but it's like they're no longer there. Which of these sites exactly did you book on?
ayooluwatoni:

Yes o, going to MUN! I'm guessing you're also going to MUN! Check www.flyfar.ca or www.momondos.com or www.priceline.com or use TripAdvisor app. It's a connecting flight (Virgin Atlantic and Air Canada) with abt a 20hrs stop at Heathrow (UK).
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Caleycash(m): 7:55am On Jul 27, 2015
guys I saw this on naijajist is it real?... “Anyone wishing to apply for a visitor visa, study
permit, work permit or permanent resident travel
document is encouraged to use the new Abuja VAC
located at Silverbird Entertainment Centre, Plot
1161, Memorial Drive,2nd Floor, Central Business
District, Abuja,” the statement added.
The center is equipped to take visa applicants’
biometrics.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by rolandy22: 7:59am On Jul 27, 2015
[

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TheBae: 8:12am On Jul 27, 2015
You're very welcome grin kiss
donhuko:

Thanks a lot for the info. You're really a bae
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by secondborn: 8:13am On Jul 27, 2015
Good morning, I need help from the gurus in d house. Am a batch c Corp member serving in Ogun state. And to pop by october. I already got an offer from an institution in Ontario for a postgraduate degree in business. Though am yet to pay the required semester tuition. I like to apply for my TRV by August ahead of January resumption but am trying to gather necessary documents as required.
My worry now is dat, I am yet to have any post graduate working experience aside my NYSC. How can I go about it when writing my SOP and also as we all know the allawee for Corp member is 19800 and it is almost spent per month. Do I still.need to print my bank statement with such amount. My family tie is ok, my sponsor spa is over 10M, please help is needed plz.
Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 8:14am On Jul 27, 2015
Did u submit Online?
yusuf000000:
Pls i did my biometrics on d 16 june 2015 and am yet to get any mail frm cic hope am still save
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TheBae: 8:15am On Jul 27, 2015
There might be a new VAC there, doesn't really change anything does it? If you're in ABJ do it there. Abi what else? Just go and confirm that the place is authentic first and come back to let our ABJ people here know. Lol
Caleycash:
guys I saw this on naijajist is it real?... “Anyone wishing to apply for a visitor visa, study
biometrics.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 8:15am On Jul 27, 2015
Do away with any form of statement of account....you don't need to make mention of anything..
Just include NYSC as the work experience and tender your call up letter and letter of intro from your PPA
secondborn:
Good morning, I need help from the gurus in d house. Am a batch c Corp member serving in Ogun state. And to pop by october. I already got an offer from an institution in Ontario for a postgraduate degree in business. Though am yet to pay the required semester tuition. I like to apply for my TRV by August ahead of January resumption but am trying to gather necessary documents as required.
My worry now is dat, I am yet to have any post graduate working experience aside my NYSC. How can I go about it when writing my SOP and also as we all know the allawee for Corp member is 19800 and it is almost spent per month. Do I still.need to print my bank statement with such amount. My family tie is ok, my sponsor spa is over 10M, please help is needed plz.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by vinegar: 8:16am On Jul 27, 2015
Caleycash:
biometrics.

Yes...I submitted mine there stress free...center was opened on June 1.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TheBae: 8:20am On Jul 27, 2015
You're not sponsoring yourself so you don't need to show them that especially if you're young. Your case is quite simple, similar to mine, except that I'm resuming in September. Dont add any unnecessary document. I didn't even write SOP but if you feel the need to, inform them that you graduated in 2014 (I presume) and just finished a 1yr voluntary service to your country (nysc). In fact you should apply before POP, and just put Nysc as your occupation when filling your forms, simple and short. That's what I did. That'll be better. Goodluck, pray for grace and favour.
secondborn:
Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by secondborn: 8:36am On Jul 27, 2015
TheBae:
You're not sponsoring yourself so you don't need to show them that especially if you're young. Your case is quite simple, similar to mine, except that I'm resuming in September. Dont add any unnecessary document. I didn't even write SOP but if you feel the need to, inform them that you graduated in 2014 (I presume) and just finished a 1yr voluntary service to your country (nysc). In fact you should apply before POP, and just put Nysc as your occupation when filling your forms, simple and short. That's what I did. That'll be better. Goodluck, pray for grace and favour.

Another information is dat am married with a kid

(1) (2) (3) ... (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) ... (401)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.