Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,020 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:14 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 8 - Travel (269) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 8 (1076128 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by soji0509: 1:36pm On Jul 28, 2015
Have you studied the profile very well now ?
BSc Microbilogy, MBA, going for M.Admin and funds not near a Billion !! grin grin grin Most of our theories have been made fallacious.
This lady 2 much oOoo
Bottom line, HE will favour whoever HE will. May GOD grant us all HIS Divine favour always (amen).
The work experience is a great plus tho.
hayqinsbFX:
my big sister...@crich
God bless you.i can also smell my good news guys....
May the good Lord that has been faithful to all of you do the same for me. Amen

5 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Gu2015: 1:38pm On Jul 28, 2015
[quote author=Crich post=36359091]
Your welcome,God is good all d time.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 1:44pm On Jul 28, 2015
Uncle soji, no one has laid down. A general rule.
We all try to better our chances.

She cud back it up with employment histories too.
It's not compulsory it follows a pattern, it's only advisable
soji0509:
BSc Microbilogy, MBA, going for M.Admin and funds not near a Billion !! Most of our theories have been made fallacious.
Bottom line, HE will favour whoever HE will. May GOD grant us all HIS Divine favour always (amen).

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Crich(f): 1:48pm On Jul 28, 2015
soji0509:
BSc Microbilogy, MBA, going for M.Admin and funds not near a Billion !! Most of our theories have been made fallacious.
I think my case is different.
B.Sc. Microbiology was a long time ago. Like I stated, also in my SOP, I never practiced.
I also have 7yrs work experience in Customer service, plus MBA. So, there ain't no way the VO would have had an issue with that.
Funds not up to a Billion, yes. But all three sponsors work in very strong multinational companies as Engineers.
And yes, HE will favor who HE will favor.

6 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by soji0509: 1:49pm On Jul 28, 2015
Yes, I agree.
I only mean : HIS Grace and Favour Over-rules all else
hayqinsbFX:
Uncle soji, no one has laid down. A general rule.We all try to better our chances.
She cud back it up with employment histories too.
It's not compulsory it follows a pattern, it's only advisable
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Jayne07(f): 1:49pm On Jul 28, 2015
I just got a reply to my email that Humber doesn't accept international students for clinical research
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Crich(f): 1:50pm On Jul 28, 2015
soji0509:
BSc Microbilogy, MBA, going for M.Admin and funds not near a Billion !! grin grin grin Most of our theories have been made fallacious.
This lady 2 much oOoo
@this lady too much ooo: lol! na God ooo

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 1:57pm On Jul 28, 2015
I can't agree more
Don't sha do Yoruba and aapply for IBM
soji0509:
Yes, I agree.
I only mean : HIS Grace and Favour Over-rules all else

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by soji0509: 2:15pm On Jul 28, 2015
Thanks. Just wanted something I can sip during the long journey as I was not interested in buying anything expensive on board. I now know better grin grin grin . cheers
GboyegaD:

Next time, put your liquids in your checked bags.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by twizzie: 2:22pm On Jul 28, 2015
Congrats Crich!! Now I am gingered to start processing admission though I want to do a full 360 on intended course...
Crich:

@this lady too much ooo: lol! na God ooo

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by soji0509: 2:28pm On Jul 28, 2015
No!
What you are suggesting is good in the interim / short run ONLY.
Please process the transcript now even if it takes forever. You may need it else where later where they are very strict.
Having applied for it once will make your academic record in full in on the Transcript server of LAUTECH , hence subsequent request will be faster.
In fact, you may further optionally go ahead to send it to WES (World Education Service).
There, it will be accessed and stored for you to request to any school in the world in future with 3 working days.
In this way, you are completely mobile in respect of the academic records and free for life from Nigerian system that hardly work fast.

ayooluwatoni:

@ malaoluolateju:
This was what I did when I was to apply to MUN: I graduated from LAUTECH, Ogbomoso, and getting transcript there takes like forever, so I didn't bother going to request at all. I just packed my results from 100 level to 500 level, took them to a notary public, and I got them notarized, did same for my statement of result too, so I enveloped it and sent it to the school (But please note: MUN stated in their application guide that they accept notarized results, so you need to be sure your school accepts notarized results). Best of luck!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by omooba2015(m): 2:31pm On Jul 28, 2015
Crich:
How great is my God!
I can't explain how I stumbled into Nairaland Travelling to Canada.
All documents I submitted were from the suggestions I received here.
Thanks to all of you guys.
Special thanks to Justwise, Mevisbleek, HayqinsFBX (my kid bro), Tnuola (my witty/stubborn kid sis), Team12, Ahyotomiwa, Omotee90(my new baby sis), and to everyone who answered all my questions.
For those who followed my posts in the beginning, you will understand my joy. I thought this was impossible, but God made me experience how possible it is.

Online route
Upfront medical June 8
Application June 13
Biometrics June 15
Medical mail July 22
Medical passed July 28

Documents Submitted
Personal Docs
-Letter of Admission U of R(M.Admin Leadership)
-SOP(mentioned d ffg home ties: my fiance, a Med Dr, works here, my parents n siblings as well, n study leave)
-Passport data n visa pages
-NYSC, WAEC, BSc(microbiology - never practised. Deviated immediately after school) certificates
-MBA certificate
-Police report
-Proof of Upfront med exam
-Birth certificate
-SOA (abt N1.3m incl pension funds)
-Previous and current employment, and promotion letters (2Banks, IT firm, and HR firm - all customer service executive)
-Payslip (1month)
-CV
-Employer's introduction letter to d embassy.

Sponsor's Doc (Sponsor is my brother)
-SOA (~N6.1m and ~$7,100 )
-Letter of sponsorship
-Affidavit of support
-Assets Docs (notarised) - 2 lands
-Bank reference letter stating the funds in sponsor's acct
-Employer's letter stating ability to sponsor.
-Payslips (6months)
-Work ID
-Letters and payslips of co-sponsors (my other brothers who work n live in the US)

Glory be to my God.
He will grant you all your heart desires including your TRVs.
I love you guys. Warm hugs!

Congratulations..... God is good, I tap into your testimony IJN.(Amen)

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by dramacox: 2:40pm On Jul 28, 2015
Hi Guys, I have been following this thread and i can see that there are gurus who can really help in here rather paying heavyly to an agent. Pls i really need you guyz to put me through cos am a novice as per trv application. I grad from unilorin with a low grade of 2.2, i studied computer science (CGPA 2.55/5.0), and intend goin for graduate certificate (1yr course) cos my chance of getting master is very low.

My questions
1. which school do you recommend?
2. Do i need IELTS test?
3. Do i have to pay tuition (averagely how much?)
4. After getting admission, List of supporting document to submit with my offer of admission letter
5. How should be on my bank statement? (Am married with a kid and i will like to include that in my application)

I will appreciate it if u can reply or gimme pm me @ iceblackfaze@yahoo.co.uk

Thanks all.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by ada4all: 2:59pm On Jul 28, 2015
Jayne07:
just curious which is better for international students Seneca or humber for clinical studies. Which has better job offers after school
well...I chose seneca for a couple of reasons: I like the look and feel of the school cos I viewed it using Google 360 view. It's on the school site. Another reason is the course content of my program. I prefer that of Seneca to humber. Those are the things you look at.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by ada4all: 3:01pm On Jul 28, 2015
Jayne07:
I just got a reply to my email that Humber doesn't accept international students for clinical research
oh...so that solves ur problem. Go for humber
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by ada4all: 3:01pm On Jul 28, 2015
Jayne07:
oh...so that solves ur problem. Go for seneca then
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by waleakins: 3:08pm On Jul 28, 2015
PLS I GOT A MSG FROM ACCRA JUST NOW. THEY SAID I SHD DO A MEDICAL EXAM AND I HAVE 14DAYS TO DO SO. PLS WAT DOES IT MEAN?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by twizzie: 3:13pm On Jul 28, 2015
I just pictured you screaming wildly this question...Bro, it means simply go for your medicals Congrats!! hehehe....
waleakins:
PLS I GOT A MSG FROM ACCRA JUST NOW. THEY SAID I SHD DO A MEDICAL EXAM AND I HAVE 14DAYS TO DO SO. PLS WAT DOES IT MEAN?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jul 28, 2015
waleakins:

As self-explanatory a mail as you would get.

Skim through the last few pages and call any of the panel physician used to book an appointment and fet your medicals done.

You are almost there.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by waleakins: 3:18pm On Jul 28, 2015
twizzie:
I just pictured you screaming wildly this question...Bro, it means simply go for your medicals Congrats!! hehehe....

BUT ITS 4WKS TODAY THAT I SUBMITTED.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Jayne07(f): 3:24pm On Jul 28, 2015
ada4all:
oh...so that solves ur problem. Go for seneca then
I don't think Seneca takes international students for clinical research too. I'm just confused.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by twizzie: 3:25pm On Jul 28, 2015
Ok.. Let me tell you what to do...
Kindly change my name to your name and forward the mail to me.. I will do the needful... You can wait for a couple more weeks then send them a mail...*straight face*
Is it that hard to believe? Why apply when you don't believe you will get medical call up?

The mail as said above is straight forward!! I repeat again, please go for your med..Congrats! You may wait a few days though to check if another mail will drop... BTW, was there any attachment to the mail?

waleakins:

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Turpsie(f): 3:25pm On Jul 28, 2015
waleakins:

That u submitted what my brother? U better go and get the medicals done shaperly .... Isn't that what you are praying for. Congratulations

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by GboyegaD(m): 3:29pm On Jul 28, 2015
Jengbetiele:

..........i have my Nigerian bank atm card here what do you mean by go to your account office and pay with it?

Your students' account office is similar to what we call the bursary office in Nigeria. They accept Debit cards thus, it is cheaper paying directly since there are no fees involved.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by thesoj: 3:29pm On Jul 28, 2015
Bros/sis:

You need to at least do some research on your own. The answer to many of your questions have already been repeatedly discussed in detail in previous parts of this thread!!!!

Also, Google is your friend. You can do a Google search of this thread by entering your search phrase of interest and then add "Nairaland". For example you could type "TRV documents Canada nairaland' into Google and most of the results would be from this thread.

Go back and read this thread from page one of Part 8, and then come back and ask any question that is still unanswered. If nobody read the previous pages and if nobody did their own research, there would only be question askers not question answerers.

Please do the needful.

dramacox:
Hi Guys, I have been following this thread and i can see that there are gurus who can really help in here rather paying heavyly to an agent. Pls i really need you guyz to put me through cos am a novice as per trv application. I grad from unilorin with a low grade of 2.2, i studied computer science (CGPA 2.55/5.0), and intend goin for graduate certificate (1yr course) cos my chance of getting master is very low.

My questions
1. which school do you recommend?
2. Do i need IELTS test?
3. Do i have to pay tuition (averagely how much?)
4. After getting admission, List of supporting document to submit with my offer of admission letter
5. How should be on my bank statement? (Am married with a kid and i will like to include that in my application)

I will appreciate it if u can reply or gimme pm me @ iceblackfaze@yahoo.co.uk

Thanks all.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TheBae: 3:31pm On Jul 28, 2015
Thank God! I've been following your progress for a while. I'm truly happy for you
Crich:

My dear, thanks. You were helpful.
Gu2015, thanks for your help too

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by twizzie: 3:32pm On Jul 28, 2015
Meanwhile, searching for schools no be here o.. I am tired already sef... I am looking at using an agent just for the school admission... Juggling with work and its workload, home (with two demanding boys, Oh, make it three!!(Their Dad) and now having to stay awake browsing for school! whew! I know y'all frown at using agents but I cannot come and die....e yaff do...

7 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by GboyegaD(m): 3:34pm On Jul 28, 2015
post=36345579:

Checked bags how?..Wouldn't they still check the 'checked' bags and remove the liquids?

No one will remove them. I bring water and olive oil each time I travel home and what I mean by checked bags are those bags we check in from MMIA.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by ayooluwatoni(m): 3:34pm On Jul 28, 2015
soji0509:
No!
Please process the transcript now even if it takes forever. You may need it else where later where they are very strict.
Having applied for it once will make your academic record in full in on the Transcript server of LAUTECH , hence subsequent request will be faster.
In fact, you may further optionally go ahead to send it to WES (World Education Service).
There, it will be accessed and stored for you to request to any school in the world in future with 3 working days.
In this way, you are completely mobile in respect of the academic records and free for life from Nigerian system that hardly work fast.

Thank you, someone already suggested the same thing to me. I will request for it later, then update my academic record at MUN when it's ready! It's just annoying and discouraging...... But thank you anyway!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TheBae: 3:37pm On Jul 28, 2015
Lol. You don't have to buy anything. You can have 1 or 2 complementary meals depending on the duration of your flight. And you can drink all sorts of soft drinks, water, tea, coffee as well. It's part of your flight fare. Feel free to take whatever you like. As long as you don't go and order Baileys, you'll be fine. wink
soji0509:
Thanks. Just wanted something I can sip during the long journey as I was not interested in buying anything expensive on board. I now know better grin grin grin . cheers
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TheBae: 3:42pm On Jul 28, 2015
Very bright suggestion but the course-by-course WES evaluation is about $400 which is a bit on the high side but in all, it's a good idea. My WES evaluation served as transcript during my visa application because my transcript didn't come on time
soji0509:
No!

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by thesoj: 3:42pm On Jul 28, 2015
What course and degree are you planning on going for? Perhaps some of us on this thread can suggest schools for your desired course.

twizzie:
Meanwhile, searching for schools no be here o.. I am tired already sef... I am looking at using an agent just for the school admission... Juggling with work and its workload, home (with two demanding boys, Oh, make it three!!(Their Dad) and now having to stay awake browsing for school! whew! I know y'all frown at using agents but I cannot come and die....e yaff do...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) ... (401)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.