Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,915 members, 7,814,085 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:21 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 8 - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 8 (1074954 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 10:10am On Jun 10, 2015
It's not a bad idea.
Just saying that that caters more for homt tie than your OWN personal assets.
Come to think of it, have you seen a 23 year old guy fresh graduate bn denied on personal asset.
It defies all previous assumptions.
brandymcmb:

Bro Tnuola is right

Folks that have been applying with full funding here on NL always add a sponsor even with just 1M balance and not necessarily their personal SOA

So I believe he should just get a family member as a sponsor and add that to his app then do some more detailed explanation on his SOP

Shikena
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by dedicateDD: 10:12am On Jun 10, 2015
sorrry how do you pay for he application fee ? is it in Naira or canadian dollar and how much for the application and biometric pls
JohnDuke259:

You don't pay for transmission from VFS to Canadian Embassy since you did your biometrics there. Last Tuesday, I paid N4690 for courier delivery during passport submission since I didn't want to collect it in person. I received my passport yesterday through UPS.

If you wish to send your passport to them by courier. I think you might have to include a self-addressed envelope and pay for the cost of the return. You can discuss that with the courier company. I will recommend UPS.

Cheers!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Ugochux(m): 10:12am On Jun 10, 2015
Cic don start again oooo...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by chumsyzynny(f): 10:14am On Jun 10, 2015
It is well bro..
Please post documents.
So you can repackage and refire!
darefestus:
Good morning guys,

So I woke up to the dreaded mail from CIC and i was startled when I saw the refusal.

Wch included Personal assets and purpose of visit even when I was on a fully funded program

But its all good.

Doing personal soul searching for now, will be back with documents and opinion are welcomed.

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Emiking(m): 10:14am On Jun 10, 2015
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by tnuola(f): 10:15am On Jun 10, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
It's not a bad idea.
Just saying that that caters more for homt tie than your OWN personal assets.
Come to think of it, have you seen a 23 year old guy fresh graduate bn denied on personal asset.
It defies all previous assumptions.

Firstly home tie's wasn't ticked,
Secondly, when you say home tie, which home? Have you forgotten, he claims to be a citizen of hong kong or so.
What I've stated is a fact sha, not an idea.
Trv is case by case and God's grace but geTting a sponsor is the right thing to do in his case.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by toboy: 10:17am On Jun 10, 2015
Hello and Good morning. I said I will post the documents I submitted for my TRV today. Please note that I have a fully funded scholarship grant from a Canadian Organization and you might be amazed by the very few numbers of documents I submitted.

TRV Application- Online Route
Applied: May 5th
Biometrics: May 13
Med Call: May 29
Medicals Done: June 2
Medical Passport/Passport Request: June 8

Docs Submitted:
TVR document: Application for study permit outside Canada, Family Information, Request for medicals and Authority to use a Representative (The representative is an International student representative from my University who was also a guide in the application process).
Admission letter from the University
Proof of Finance: A scholarship letter from my scholarship Organization showing a break down of how every single expenses you can think of against the funds allotted for it, for through out the study years.
CAQ required only for Quebec applicants
Passport Photo
A scanned copy of your E-passport (the page showing your personal details).
Note: One of the scholarship conditions is that upon graduation, I’ll return and serve my motherland so that might have served as my home ties.
Thank you .

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 10:22am On Jun 10, 2015
SIMPLY SIMPLE.
toboy:
Hello and Good morning. I said I will post the documents I submitted for my TRV today. Please note that I have a fully funded scholarship grant from a Canadian Organization and you might be amazed by the very few numbers of documents I submitted.

TRV Application- Online Route
Applied: May 5th
Biometrics: May 13
Med Call: May 29
Medicals Done: June 2
Medical Passport/Passport Request: June 8

Docs Submitted:
TVR document: Application for study permit outside Canada, Family Information, Request for medicals and Authority to use a Representative (The representative is an International student representative from my University who was also a guide in the application process).
Admission letter from the University
Proof of Finance: A scholarship letter from my scholarship Organization showing a break down of how every single expenses you can think of against the funds allotted for it, for through out the study years.
CAQ required only for Quebec applicants
Passport Photo
A scanned copy of your E-passport (the page showing your personal details).
Note: One of the scholarship conditions is that upon graduation, I’ll return and serve my motherland so that might have served as my home ties.
Thank you .

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by tnuola(f): 10:26am On Jun 10, 2015
I believe HayqinsbFX and I had a healthy debate, its left to mr Honkong to read through and see what's best for him.

Akinbusola wink I pray when you hear from cic it will be good news.
Darefestus and pinkygrace sorry about your delay, don't give up.
Delay isn't denial.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 10:31am On Jun 10, 2015
SIGHS!
Heart pounding...

tnuola:
I believe HayqinsbFX and I had a healthy debate, its left to mr Honkong to read through and see what's best for him.

Akinbusola wink I pray when you hear from cic it will be good news.
Darefestus and pinkygrace sorry about your delay, don't give up.
Delay isn't denial.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by tnuola(f): 10:33am On Jun 10, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
SIGHS!
Heart pounding...

Be calm..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by dedicateDD: 10:42am On Jun 10, 2015
please paper route how can one pay for the application and biometric fee ? how much is it and is it in naira or canadian dollar . pls help with the details info thanks you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by tnuola(f): 11:00am On Jun 10, 2015
dedicateDD:
please paper route how can one pay for the application and biometric fee ? how much is it and is it in naira or canadian dollar . pls help with the details info thanks you

If only you can take sometime out to read d thread, your answer lies somewhere towards the end of part7
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by deedee0: 11:02am On Jun 10, 2015
This issue came up in another forum I'm in (mostly asians) and the advice given was to include a sponsor despite the scholarship, and not to submit only the scholarship details.
IMO, Maybe because its not Canadian-funded, Cic wants to know there are other funds available apart from the scholarship

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Team12: 11:05am On Jun 10, 2015
OMG! @darefestus I am sincerely sorry for your delay! It is well...I am short of words.... sad
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Gods1son: 11:07am On Jun 10, 2015
darefestus:
Good morning guys,

So I woke up to the dreaded mail from CIC and i was startled when I saw the refusal.

Wch included Personal assets and purpose of visit even when I was on a fully funded program

But its all good.

Doing personal soul searching for now, will be back with documents and opinion are welcomed.

OMG, this is so painful bro. It is well all the same. Refire plss
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by medoyin(m): 11:09am On Jun 10, 2015
mevisbleek:

Step 1: go to Google and type in the school you are interested in attending. If you don't have a school in mind then u Google, schools in Canada offering pgd in blablabal (ur desired field)

Step 2: go to the school site and look up the the program length and admission requirement. Taking into consideration the application deadline.

Step 3: gather ur application docs, like transcript and all those stuff then go back to the site and apply, then pay the application fee with ur naija Mastercard.

Step 5: sit down and wait for the school to process ur application. If u are given admission then jump to step 6. If you are denied (god forbid) you apply to other schools that their program tickle your fancy.

Step 6: come back to this forum after you get admission and we shall all help you will documents for visa and stuff.

Hope this helps sir. If u need more info on schools u can drop ur prog and I can give my 2 cent regarding schools in different province. Stay blessed
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by medoyin(m): 11:11am On Jun 10, 2015
tnuola:
Hi guys,
I hope this helps the newbies looking for what or which documents to submit, Vicarsenal complied this in part 7.
Its a list of documents submitted by some succesful applicants.
Pls Note that everyone's case is different and what works for suliya might not work for silifa.

All the best everyone.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by sholay2011(m): 11:25am On Jun 10, 2015
God, these feedbacks are getting me scared oh.

All is well@ those delayed.

How can CIC delay someone that's fully funded?

And pls, before we start analysing and re-analysing the documents they submitted, let's remember some others that submitted something 'less' or 'not-as-complete' got trv.

I am tired.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by dedicateDD: 11:27am On Jun 10, 2015
dedicateDD:
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Crich(f): 11:34am On Jun 10, 2015
Hello Darefestus,
It's well. There's a reason for everything. Calm down,take a deep breath, go through ur docs, take ur time n then reapply.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by chrisviral(m): 11:40am On Jun 10, 2015
Crich:
Hello Darefestus,
It's well. There's a reason for everything. Calm down,take a deep breath, go through ur docs, take ur time n then reapply.

I hate when people say that!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by chrisviral(m): 11:43am On Jun 10, 2015
@Darefestus,

Bro it hurts like mad, seeing all your efforts wasted, perhaps you sha fit try aussie.. just saying!

Sorry for the delay!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by dedicateDD: 11:50am On Jun 10, 2015
[quote author=dedicateDD post=34619619][/quote]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by dedicateDD: 11:51am On Jun 10, 2015
please paper route how can one pay for the application and biometric fee ? how much is it and is it in naira or canadian dollar . pls help with the details info thanks you .PLS I NEED DETAILS
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Ugochux(m): 11:54am On Jun 10, 2015
[quote author=dedicateDD post=34619619][/quote]

Jst go dia wit about 42k...its not up to that shaa. Please check d last 10 pages in part 7 for furthr info.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jun 10, 2015
montrealer:
@JohnDuke: flighthub?
Thank you! I will have a look at it.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Ifeco1: 12:04pm On Jun 10, 2015
dedicateDD:
please paper route how can one pay for the application and biometric fee ? how much is it and is it in naira or canadian dollar . pls help with the details info thanks you .PLS I NEED DETAILS

Just go to VAC, lekki., with your documents, 2 digital passport photographs, photocopies (2) of your international passport data page. 37,450 naira as of 28th of May, 2015. I will advice you go with 40,000 naira.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by adebimpe1988(f): 12:10pm On Jun 10, 2015
@Darefestus so sorry abt ur delay
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by toluine56(m): 12:13pm On Jun 10, 2015
Goodday peeps
been following this thread annynomously.
I'm about to apply for admission to the U of W January 2016 for an undergrad prog . Hopefully i'll get a positive reply. My lil ish is the issue of statement of account. A one time transfer into my account say from winnings from a sport bookie..does that raise any red flag.. And then the home tie issue....am just an ond graduate...the only work experience is a 2yr IT prog. Done at different times. Is there any way to augument this. Thanks in adv.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by dedicateDD: 12:36pm On Jun 10, 2015
thanks baba ...we will meet in canada.
Ifeco1:

Just go to VAC, lekki., with your documents, 2 digital passport photographs, photocopies (2) of your international passport data page. 37,450 naira as of 28th of May, 2015. I will advice you go with 40,000 naira.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by JJCE(m): 12:41pm On Jun 10, 2015
toluine56:
Goodday peeps
been following this thread annynomously.
I'm about to apply for admission to the U of W January 2016 for an undergrad prog . Hopefully i'll get a positive reply. My lil ish is the issue of statement of account. A one time transfer into my account say from winnings from a sport bookie..does that raise any red flag.. And then the home tie issue....am just an ond graduate...the only work experience is a 2yr IT prog. Done at different times. Is there any way to augument this. Thanks in adv.
don't know much concerning the issue of statement of account, but u of w is a good uni, am also an applicant to the school, though mine is sept intake.....

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (401)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.