Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,752 members, 7,831,411 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:21 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 8 - Travel (85) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 8 (1080468 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by mevisbleek: 12:37am On Jun 25, 2015
steinmajor:
Yea bruv. Seems with SAIT the issue of permit would be handled by me

I guess u would get the permit when u land at the airport in canada na.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by steinmajor: 12:45am On Jun 25, 2015
Alright, but I should do the application right?
mevisbleek:

I guess u would get the permit when u land at the airport in canada na.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by mevisbleek: 12:53am On Jun 25, 2015
steinmajor:
Alright, but I should do the application right?

All u need to apply for is study visa at this time
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by steinmajor: 12:58am On Jun 25, 2015
Wow! Kinda confused. However, I wrote to SAIT to get a little more clarification. In my offer letter they clearly stated that I use some part of it for study permit application. That skul sef!
mevisbleek:

All u need to apply for is study visa at this time
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by mevisbleek: 1:04am On Jun 25, 2015
steinmajor:
Wow! Kinda confused. However, I wrote to SAIT to get a little more clarification. In my offer letter they clearly stated that I use some part of it for study permit application. That skul sef!

Daddy, pls don't get confused. All you need to apply for is study visa. When you land at the point of entry (YYC, calgary international airport) you will be given work permit. You can email the international office at sait sha if that would ease ur tension smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by snip09: 1:25am On Jun 25, 2015
steinmajor:

Fellow sait student,plz let's connect hiaz my mail snipzy_signature@yahoo.com
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Onyeoma3: 2:04am On Jun 25, 2015
Congrats my man, Chrisviral... I'm happy for you. Persistence and perseverance pays. Sorrow lasts only at night but joy comes in the morning.

Mevisbleek, thank you so much sir for the wonderful advice about PhD program, it's so true... But if anyone is lucky to get an Industrial funded project up to the PhD level, he /she shouldn't look back at grabbing the opportunity... It's also like indirectly working for the industry from school, and at times, the student might be opportuned to go to the company for internships for a couple of months,and if lucky at the end of his program, might get absorbed or hired by other companies too.
Personally, I do not fancy paper research projects the way I like Industrial funded projects.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by ChriGo(m): 2:24am On Jun 25, 2015
chrisviral:
grin grin grin
1st Application.
Applied: 25th April 2014(my birthday)
Biometrics : 28th April 2014.
Medical Call: 18th May 2014.
Medicals done: 22nd May 2014(then the witches came).

Two months later still No medical results.
2nd Medicals: 4th July or so 2014 (after so many advise here and I also got a call from Accra Embassy)

Yet the witches persisted Much.
Delayed: 26th January 2015.

I cried, cried and cried, then I started attacking people (that's Esther though)

2nd Application.
Submitted: 2nd May
Biometrics: 7th May
Medical Call : 28th May
Medicals done: 2nd June (then those witches came again, lol, but God pass them)
Medicals passed: today.
PP request: Today grin cheesy grin
So I will finally travel out, hehehehehe
Devil tongue

#Godwin.
...Lmao!!...Big congrats bro...Mind you the Witches are still watching you in 50D...Dem get branch office for Canada too grin....

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by checkyink(m): 2:55am On Jun 25, 2015
Mevisbleek, onyeoma3. It's not true that PhD students lack work experience. Most PhD students like myself are guaranteed to TA and even co-supervise undergrads for at least 2 of my 4 year doctoral program. Also our laboratory research experience is invaluable in the research and development industry sector. It's not all about academia.

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by mevisbleek: 2:57am On Jun 25, 2015
checkyink:
Mevisbleek, onyeoma3. It's not true that PhD students lack work experience. Most PhD students like myself are guaranteed to TA and even co-supervise undergrads for at least 2 of my 4 year doctoral program. Also our laboratory research experience is invaluable in the research and development industry sector. It's not all about academia.

I never said phd lack experience. I only advise him to get some work experience before deciding to go for phd. Also if he gets a good job before phd he can do his job and do the phd part time, u feel me?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by checkyink(m): 2:58am On Jun 25, 2015
@mevisbleek .Also the project i am about to start working on is a government funded project grant won by my supervisor. Massive world that a PhD degree brings.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by mevisbleek: 3:00am On Jun 25, 2015
checkyink:
@mevisbleek .Also the project i am about to start working on is a government funded project grant won by my supervisor. Massive world that a PhD degree brings.

I agree with u lol. I only asked him to do it part time if he gets a good gig. Lmfao.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Onyeoma3: 3:38am On Jun 25, 2015
checkyink:

I'm quite aware they do but I'm trying to make comparison between paper based research and industrial based research.

The PhD students have work experience in the academic environment,specifically TA and RA, but they don't have direct Industrial experience except those that are lucky to do their internship programs in the industry at some point during their program whereas those doing industrial based projects work directly with the industries. The latter opens up more opportunities in the long run.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Onyeoma3: 3:48am On Jun 25, 2015
checkyink:

PhD graduate opportunities are not much in Canada when compared to USA and Europe. Anyone planning on doing his /her PhD in Canada should have an open mind of settling in any part of the world,but should be smart enough to get his /her papers before leaving.

Some dudes that graduated with PhD end up doing the same job function with a BASc graduate and receiving the same salary.

But if one gets his desired position in the industry at the end of his PhD program, he's made for life

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by chrisviral(m): 4:28am On Jun 25, 2015
Asumns:

Ok, thanks.

Is there any where to link up the first application (refused) and the new application when i am submitting? Or no need of that. ... i am asking these to escape any silly mistake.

There isn't a need for that, but in one of the app forms (app made out canada) there is a question where you will be asked if you been refused before, answer Yes and detail the reasons why you were refused.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by chrisviral(m): 4:28am On Jun 25, 2015
pcachuks:

Am so happy for you , I remember you from part 5 .No be small thing ooooo.................

Ya man, finally, Thanks grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by chrisviral(m): 4:30am On Jun 25, 2015
Onyeoma3:
Congrats my man, Chrisviral... I'm happy for you. Persistence and perseverance pays. Sorrow lasts only at night but joy comes in the morning

Thanks Boss.
I hope you haven't forgotten ya promise last year before travelled, I'm gonna need guidance now more than ever before oringo apiakwa mu isi na canada.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by chrisviral(m): 4:32am On Jun 25, 2015
ChriGo:
...Lmao!!...Big congrats bro...Mind you the Witches are still watching you in 50D...Dem get branch office for Canada too grin....

I hear the office just catch fire so, God pass them grin cheesy
Which kind witch fit fly for winter, e wan freeze grin

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by GboyegaD(m): 6:01am On Jun 25, 2015
mevisbleek:

Ah nice one. If u enter calgary hail me. Lunch on me

Oga, where in Calgary are you?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 6:02am On Jun 25, 2015
Please answer me nau...... plz

shallwe444:
PLease house, i am planning going for fall semester and i am yet to apply for my visa. My admission came in last week and I'm gathering my documents. I should be applying before the end of the month, hope it's not late and is it advisable i do the medical before i'm asked?
You guys in this forum rock.... love you all.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by GboyegaD(m): 6:06am On Jun 25, 2015
pampem:

Yea, baby friendly and wonderful services! But sure you know its a very long trip ? Dubai to Chicago is about 13hrs..

Madam, o to ojo meta. How have you been?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by mevisbleek: 6:07am On Jun 25, 2015
GboyegaD:

Oga, where in Calgary are you?

I dey NW
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by mevisbleek: 6:11am On Jun 25, 2015
Onyeoma3:

I'm quite aware they do but I'm trying to make comparison between paper based research and industrial based research.

The PhD students have work experience in the academic environment,specifically TA and RA, but they don't have direct Industrial experience except those that are lucky to do their internship programs in the industry at some point during their program whereas those doing industrial based projects work directly with the industries. The latter opens up more opportunities in the long run.

You doing your PHD?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by GboyegaD(m): 6:12am On Jun 25, 2015
mevisbleek:

I dey NW

I'm also at NW and close to the university. I will send you a PM.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by chrisviral(m): 6:28am On Jun 25, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
list your documents chris...

CIC app forms.
Scholarship Letter (as proof of finance).
Passport page.
Representative form.
Admission letter.
CAQ

That's all.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by GboyegaD(m): 6:35am On Jun 25, 2015
mevisbleek:

I never said phd lack experience. I only advise him to get some work experience before deciding to go for phd. Also if he gets a good job before phd he can do his job and do the phd part time, u feel me?

Not all fields allow part time PhD. More so, I think it is a case of you either want to do it or not and if the motivation is not the interest then it will be super frustrating.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 6:37am On Jun 25, 2015
I see...hope its not for esther!
chrisviral:

CIC app forms.
Passport page.
Representative form.
Admission letter.
CAQ

That's all.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by GboyegaD(m): 6:38am On Jun 25, 2015
Onyeoma3:

PhD graduate opportunities are not much in Canada when compared to USA and Europe. Anyone planning on doing his /her PhD in Canada should have an open mind of settling in any part of the world,but should be smart enough to get his /her papers before leaving.

Some dudes that graduated with PhD end up doing the same job function with a BASc graduate and receiving the same salary.

But if one gets his desired position in the industry at the end of his PhD program, he's made for life

Can you define what you mean by smart enough? In my opinion, immigration laws changes with time thus, one isn't guaranteed until you have it in your hands.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 6:47am On Jun 25, 2015
chrisviral:

CIC app forms.
Passport page.
Representative form.
Admission letter.
CAQ

That's all.

Now, is this the same schorlarship @Toboy got.

I hope you can give details about it now, so intending undergraduate students can benefit.

Do this and watch your village witches scatter.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by chrisviral(m): 6:52am On Jun 25, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
I see...hope its not for esther!

Yes it's for me. grin

darefestus:

Now, is this the same schorlarship @Toboy got.
I hope you can give details about it now, so intending undergraduate students can benefit.
Do this and watch your village witches scatter.

Yes it is.
It's also for PG too, not just UG.
Already shared it on nairaland, visit my thread...
https://www.nairaland.com/1558068/mastercard-foundation-scholarship-enter-here

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by ada4all: 7:23am On Jun 25, 2015
chrisviral:

There isn't a need for that, but in one of the app forms (app made out canada) there is a question where you will be asked if you been refused before, answer Yes and detail the reasons why you were refused.
Jeez.....I think I made a mistake. I answered NO in that part o. I just checked and realized you are right. Don't know what I was thinking. I pray VO doesn't notice. Pls house pray for me.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Team12: 7:56am On Jun 25, 2015
shocked all these for me? aaaawwww now u gonna make me cry.... cry grin

hayqinsbFX:
The hat has been thrown back into the ring......
i might be missing for a while.....do not miss me......
Its for the good...
(my village witches need another strategy....or is it my EX....lol)
Love you all....
love you more @team12....
guys shes so selfless, awesome and peculiar....if thats the word to use sha....

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (401)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.