Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,922 members, 7,835,082 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:28 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 8 - Travel (87) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 8 (1081641 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by teesboy: 10:34am On Jun 25, 2015
Graviton2:

Thanks.
She is giving me about 2million naira.
alright i wish you success and a few words of prayer can go a long way.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by chrisviral(m): 10:37am On Jun 25, 2015
teesboy:

Lmao @ Prayer.
He is an atheist! My good friend doesn't believe in God.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Graviton2(m): 10:37am On Jun 25, 2015
chrisviral:

Money in account does not equal Fund avialable.
You had to state the Fund your Dad and the Aunty will be spending, the SOA is just for verification.

Oh! I get it

About 6million is available for my studies. That should be enough, innit?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Graviton2(m): 10:38am On Jun 25, 2015
teesboy:

Thanks, I appreciate your help. smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by chrisviral(m): 10:39am On Jun 25, 2015
Graviton2:

Oh! I get it

About 6million is available for my studies. That should be enough, innit?

2.something Million multiplied by four years= 8.something Million.
You do the maths.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Graviton2(m): 10:39am On Jun 25, 2015
chrisviral:

Lmao @ Prayer.

angry angry angry
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by chrisviral(m): 10:42am On Jun 25, 2015
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by judnele: 10:42am On Jun 25, 2015
Hi pls can any1 help me get in contact wit team12
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Graviton2(m): 10:42am On Jun 25, 2015
chrisviral:

2.something Million multiplied by four years= 8.something Million.
You do the maths.

You don't expect the accounts to remain static for four years naa. Anyway, I could say 9.something is available.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by forelite: 10:43am On Jun 25, 2015
I have been following up on this forum silently since January, 2015.
Graduate Certificate Course
Duration : 8-months
Province: Ontario

1st Application
17th March, 2015
Delayed: 22nd April, 2015

REASON: INSUFFICIENT FUNDS

2nd Application

14th May, 2015
Medical mail: 23rd June, 2015
Medical Done : 24th June, 2015

Alihamdulillah...........Wish every other person waiting for medicals success.

Allah is the Greatest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I ALSO NEED ADVICE FROM EXPERT IN THE HOUSE THE BEST OPTION TO TAKE AFTER 8-MONTHS STUDY PERIOD.

15 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by teesboy: 10:49am On Jun 25, 2015
chrisviral:

Lmao @ Prayer.
Lmao. He needs it oo. You know these VOs are human like us. We can only hope they are in a very good mood and meticulous when treating your application and congratulations on your TRV as well.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by chrisviral(m): 10:56am On Jun 25, 2015
Graviton2:

You don't expect the accounts to remain static for four years naa. Anyway, I could say 9.something is available.

That what I felt, it doesn't mean VO go reason like that sha, I use my app as case study.
You good to go.

teesboy:

Lmao. He needs it oo. You know these VOs are human like us. We can only hope they are in a very good mood and meticulous when treating your application and congratulations on your TRV as well.

Thanks.
I hope he listens.

Congrats @forelite.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Graviton2(m): 10:58am On Jun 25, 2015
teesboy:

Don't mind chrisviral, na baba ijebu he be. grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Graviton2(m): 11:07am On Jun 25, 2015
chrisviral:

That what I felt, it doesn't mean VO go reason like that sha, I use my app as case study.
You good to go.

Thanks.
I hope he listens.

Congrats @forelite.

Thank you.

I dey spent my first holiday for Montreal, prepare to buy me my first beer...lol
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by CruzAj(m): 11:15am On Jun 25, 2015
vinegar:
Hi everyone...Please someone who applied through paper means should assist... There's this form (IMM5832E) that has two questionnaires.How did you fill it. I can't seem to be able to fill it on the system....like it can't be typed on like the other forms.

"Study Permit, Lagos visa office instructions" is clearly written on the first page of the 19 page form....Please any quick response will be highly appreciated.
Thanks
Print the form out and carefully fill with a pen, u can Print out two copies in case u make a mistakes in one u make corrections in the 2nd one.
Thats how i did mine.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by standupguy(m): 11:17am On Jun 25, 2015
chrisviral:

Money in account does not equal Fund avialable, you were particularly asked, "Fund available for study" out of that Ten million, how much will they part-with for you.
You had to state the Fund your Dad and the Aunty will be spending, the SOA is just for verification.

I think u are right, I also believe that pending the relationship of the sponsor ie brother, sister, father , mother or uncle they assume a certain percentage could be available for you.
my thought sha

Meanwhile the house has been very colorful lately
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by chrisviral(m): 11:19am On Jun 25, 2015
Graviton2:

Don't mind chrisviral, na baba ijebu he be. grin

grin cheesy grin

Graviton2:

Thank you.
I dey spent my first holiday for Montreal, prepare to buy me my first beer...lol

With all pleasure, I heard they don't pay for beer sha, will confirm.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by chrisviral(m): 11:19am On Jun 25, 2015
standupguy:

I think u are right, I also believe that pending the relationship of the sponsor ie brother, sister, father , mother or uncle they assume a certain percentage could be available for you.
my thought sha

Indeed.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by ADEMOLAAAUA: 11:21am On Jun 25, 2015
@ forleite,what school did u apply for the graduate certificate course and please send me the details,Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by teesboy: 11:25am On Jun 25, 2015
forelite:
I have been following up on this forum silently since January, 2015.
Graduate Certificate Course
Duration : 8-months
Province: Ontario

1st Application
17th March, 2015
Delayed: 22nd April, 2015

REASON: INSUFFICIENT FUNDS

2nd Application

14th May, 2015
Medical mail: 23rd June, 2015
Medical Done : 24th June, 2015

Alihamdulillah...........Wish every other person waiting for medicals success.

Allah is the Greatest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I ALSO NEED ADVICE FROM EXPERT IN THE HOUSE THE BEST OPTION TO TAKE AFTER 8-MONTHS STUDY PERIOD.
i'm not an expert but here is what i'll suggest you can check out the Express Entry program on CIC website to see if you have a relevant occupation + the work experience required and if you are fortunate you could become a permanent resident in short time. Furthermore, hope you are aware that you get a postgraduate work permit after your program and it's dependent on how long is your program though a 2-year program may get a 3-year PGWP so review these options and plan accordingly.
Please in your spare time could you list your application documents and the changes you made after your refusal so others can learn from you as well.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by teesboy: 11:38am On Jun 25, 2015
standupguy:

my thought sha

I concur as well and think the best thing going forward is for an applicant to always state exactly how much they are getting from their sponsors and for a sponsor to do same in their letter of sponsorship so that the VO is under no illusion as to total funds available for the applicant's study.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Caleycash(m): 11:45am On Jun 25, 2015
[quote author=Ayoh05 post=35127699][/quote]God bless brother
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by ada4all: 11:53am On Jun 25, 2015
chrisviral:

You have submitted?
I submitted since 9th June. Though I stated my UCI number.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Team12: 11:54am On Jun 25, 2015
There you got your red flag.

1. I believe your undergraduate curse is 4 years. 1.5m in your dad's account is not even enough to cover your cost of living of $10,000 (1.6million). not to talk of your tuition and other dependents he has. Since he is a civil servant, i don't expect that you will be able to get significant amount in your account within btwn now and early July. Your best bet is to get a co-sponsor. Look for any relative or family friend of yours that has enough funds that can help.

2. Stating $10,000 as the funds available for you is another issue. If you have been on this thread before applying, you wouldn't have made this mistake. But thank God you are here now.

3. The amount you should state as available funds should cover at least your one year tuition plus living expenses, plus an amount for miscellaneous. e.g: if your tuition per year is $14,000 and cost of living is $10,000, what you should state as funds available should be a minimum of $26,000 to $30,000. This case the VO is sure that you will not be stranded. They don't want pple to become a liability to them.

4. Since you are going for undergraduate, apart from the one year available funds, you need to proof to the VO that your sponsor can afford to pay your tuition and living expenses for subsequent years. This might not necessarily be in form of liquid cash, but investments and any other source of future cash flow. I believe your dad and sponsor's business can cover that. Please add CAC documents for the 2 businesses, SOA's for the 2 businesses (even if the closing balance is Nil, so long as it can show frequency in transactions and cash flow), receipts of transactions, invoices, award of past contracts, share certificates, landed properties and all.

5. Make sure that when your sponsor writes his letter, he should state that he will make available to you a MINIMUM of bla bla bla....Please use the word minimum, this leaves the door open so you are not confined to the exact amount stated as available funds.

6. Also state in clear terms in your own SOP who is responsible for what. I suggest if your co-sponsor's account is more bouyant, state that he will be responsible for all academic related expenses and accmodation, while your dad will take care of other expenses like feeding, clothing and all.

...I think this will work. When I think of something else, I will update. Don't worry, you just need to be fast about getting a co sponsor once that is sorted, it wont be a bad idea to re-apply early july for sept resumption or you might need to defer your admission till January.

judnele:
Team12 waiting for ur response my parents are my sponsors. Tnx sch resumes 9th Sept. 1.5m was in sponsors acct. Am goin for UG 10000$ stated as funds avialable for me apart frm sch fees as stated in der site. We av 2 family busines bt only used 1 wit my dads salary acct since he is a civil servant but planing to reaply wit both.I added landed properties

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by chrisviral(m): 11:57am On Jun 25, 2015
ada4all:
I submitted since 9th June. Though I stated my UCI number.

I'm not VO sha, can't say.
Goodluck.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by OGreene: 11:58am On Jun 25, 2015
13 hrs up in the sky undecided

pampem:

Yea, baby friendly and wonderful services! But sure you know its a very long trip ? Dubai to Chicago is about 13hrs..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by juggernaut07: 11:58am On Jun 25, 2015
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by lexyj123(f): 11:59am On Jun 25, 2015
new to the room, can i use just building plan (not survey ooo) and receipt of land purchase as evidence of landed property to the canada embassy?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by juggernaut07: 12:01pm On Jun 25, 2015
“Be sure of this, the time is coming,” says the LORD, “when the plowman will catch up to the reaper and the one who stomps the grapes will overtake the planter. Juice will run down the slopes, it will flow down all the hillsides.

I am a new comer on this trend

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by OGreene: 12:02pm On Jun 25, 2015
Hmm, am impressed. How much was ur MBA sch fees?

mevisbleek:

Solo8 I disagree with you on "does not worth the price". I did an MBA and must say all my class mates got hired from internship. I mean they got really good gig. I'm a living testimony Bro.
A few got gigs as marketing managers at Rogers, a couple got the RBC rotational program, a couple got Scotiabank international development program, a few got into imperial oil as territory manager, remainder got gigs in siemens and stuff. So, it's worth it and I will do it again and again and again and as well advise everyone to smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Team12: 12:03pm On Jun 25, 2015
Yes. I mean if the total expense is 21,000, you should state that you have may be like 25,000 available for your stay and the amount in your sponsor's account should be more that the 25,000. You feel me? But make sure that the amount you stated as available funds ties with the amount your dad states in his sponsorship letter o (if at all he stated it; and he should state that the 25,000 is the MINIMUM amount per year).

Since you have a little brother who is obviously over dependent on your parents, the VO does not expect your parents to spend all their money on you alone...

It's good that you have submitted other documents to proof source of future cash flow. That shows that your parents can afford to cover your expenses in subsequent years. So you are covered.

Graviton2:

I don't really understand the bolded - Do you mean if the total expenses for my study is around 21,000cad, I should have higher than that for my upkeep? That's about 40,000cad...Please clarify.

Undergrad. I'm 20 and I have a younger brother who is 11, how's that?

Your moniker made me think of Basketball..Dream team 12...lol

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) ... (401)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.