Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,298 members, 7,822,487 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:46 AM

Tech: Woooow!!! Future Generation Cars Won't Start When Driver Is Drunk (VIDEO) - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Tech: Woooow!!! Future Generation Cars Won't Start When Driver Is Drunk (VIDEO) (658 Views)

Off Grid Power Generation With Solar / Meet The New Generation Of Keyboard (BeeRaider) / Power Generation Drops By 2,042MW (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tech: Woooow!!! Future Generation Cars Won't Start When Driver Is Drunk (VIDEO) by mustyhboy(m): 6:33pm On Jun 09, 2015
Cars of the near future will stop themselves
from working if they detect too much alcohol
in the driver's bloodstream, using sensors
which discreetly monitor their breath.

As well as analysing a driver's breath, the
system will also use a sensor embedded into
the ignition button or gear stick to take a
second reading by shining light through the
driver's finger.

click here to watch the short explanation video
and read full post

http://ajidaraviews..in/2015/06/tech-woooow-future-generation-cars-wont.html?m=0

1 Share

Re: Tech: Woooow!!! Future Generation Cars Won't Start When Driver Is Drunk (VIDEO) by Blakjewelry(m): 7:03pm On Jun 09, 2015
Cool but the system can be easily fooled
Re: Tech: Woooow!!! Future Generation Cars Won't Start When Driver Is Drunk (VIDEO) by mustyhboy(m): 9:56pm On Jun 09, 2015
shows u didnt read the last paragraph after clicking that link
Re: Tech: Woooow!!! Future Generation Cars Won't Start When Driver Is Drunk (VIDEO) by Blakjewelry(m): 10:03pm On Jun 10, 2015
mustyhboy:
shows u didnt read the last paragraph after clicking that link
And I will tell you again the system can be fool, give me a security scenario and I will counter it. So far some the cases mention can be fooled. Shining light through the driver's finger work the same way as the present heart rate monitor on phone., it has to analyze the driver's blood for it to work. Interfere with the light then the system won't work.
Re: Tech: Woooow!!! Future Generation Cars Won't Start When Driver Is Drunk (VIDEO) by mustyhboy(m): 12:23am On Jun 11, 2015
Blakjewelry:

And I will tell you again the system can be fool, give me a security scenario and I will counter it. So far some the cases mention can be fooled. Shining light through the driver's finger work the same way as the present heart rate monitor on phone., it has to analyze the driver's blood for it to work. Interfere with the light then the system won't work.
Alright bro! kindly highlight ur own mode of interference or of fooling the system
Re: Tech: Woooow!!! Future Generation Cars Won't Start When Driver Is Drunk (VIDEO) by Blakjewelry(m): 10:34pm On Jun 11, 2015
mustyhboy:

Alright bro! kindly highlight ur own mode of interference or of fooling the system
I have already highlighted the blood analysis using light reflection and spectrum. as for the breath aspect, just take fresh mouth wash and give the car a heavy perfume spray. Except they are going to to use pupil eye dilatation detector
Re: Tech: Woooow!!! Future Generation Cars Won't Start When Driver Is Drunk (VIDEO) by mustyhboy(m): 5:59am On Jun 12, 2015
Blakjewelry:

I have already highlighted the blood analysis using light reflection and spectrum. as for the breath aspect, just take fresh mouth wash and give the car a heavy perfume spray. Except they are going to to use pupil eye dilatation detector

mouthwash would wash the mouth, cant't wear off the alcohol scent immediately. cos its not really about the breath buh about ANY little ethanol particle detected in the normal flow of carbon di oxide.

But lets not make it bigger than it should be. its a nice system and it will be really useful COS NOT EVERYONE WOULD THINK OF MANIPULATING IT.

(1) (Reply)

Mosquitoes Can Get A Double Dose Of Malaria / Bulk SMS In Nigeria - www.voiceandtext.com / How To See Who Viewed Your Facebook Profile

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.