Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,199 members, 7,818,664 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:11 PM

How Can I Charge On Hire Purchasing Transport Business - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Can I Charge On Hire Purchasing Transport Business (3655 Views)

CBN Mulls Fresh N50 Charge On Cheque Leaflets / FG To Earn N2.5b Daily From N50 Bank Charge / How To Make Money From Road Transport Business. A Guide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Charge On Hire Purchasing Transport Business by Nobody: 6:54am On Jun 10, 2015
I want to go into KEKE business on hire purchase, I have already made arrangements for 10 KEKE's and have a manager already ,printed hire purchase cards for the drivers. and confused of how much to charge for the hire purchase, some pple said I should divide the capital into two add one part with the capital, that's what I can charge. eg KEKE is 400000 ,I should give out the sum of 600k for hire purchase returned by the drivers for 8months period. pls house how do hire purchase work. should I multiply the capital by 2 or go with the example I gave above?
Re: How Can I Charge On Hire Purchasing Transport Business by RollingFella(m): 2:02pm On Jun 10, 2015
caoalvin:
I want to go into KEKE business on hire purchase, I have already made arrangements for 10 KEKE's and have a manager already ,printed hire purchase cards for the drivers. and confused of how much to charge for the hire purchase, some pple said I should divide the capital into two add one part with the capital, that's what I can charge. eg KEKE is 400000 ,I should give out the sum of 600k for hire purchase returned by the drivers for 8months period. pls house how do hire purchase work. should I multiply the capital by 2 or go with the example I gave above?

@OP, Before going into this business, you should have done extensive research and feasibility studies on the workability of this business. Availability of adequate fund does not automatically translate into business success. There are a lot of factors that need to be considered when fixing hire purchase returns. I will suggest you make extensive enquiries from those who have carved a niche in this business.
Re: How Can I Charge On Hire Purchasing Transport Business by maldox(m): 10:24am On Jun 15, 2015
caoalvin:

My suggestions

1. Make sure the would-be drivers have a guarantor esp civil servants.

2. Get a good lawyer

3. Find out how much initial deposit, they are willing to pay,collect the deposit, the balance to be paid to you subsequently should be double the amount.
Re: How Can I Charge On Hire Purchasing Transport Business by PearlStreet(m): 2:15am On Jun 16, 2015
caoalvin:

Most people charge around 600-650k depending on the location and the type of tricycle you are providing as some tricycles are more durable than others.

Payments are done weekly, don't ever make the mistake of charging them monthly as they would only deliver for 2 weeks and use stories to summarize the remaining two weeks.

Also, make friends with the Chairman of the branch where they would be plying their trade. In fact, if possible, make him the manager of like 2 tricycles and see how effective he would be. They usually are used to the different 'formats' of lies and won't fall for it.

If possible, let your riders get his landlord/caretaker be a witness to the transaction and also get a civil servant as a guarantor. Someone that won't pay his rent or bills to his landlord won't pay you.

Get a good lawyer to draft you a proper contract. It should have several clauses that protect you as well as are fair to the other party. This is the most important thing after your tricycles. I can help in this if you send me a PM.

In addition, talk to one or two riders in the business over a bottle of beer, they would give you secrets to enhance your operations and cut losses.

Wishing you a successful enterprise.

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Charge On Hire Purchasing Transport Business by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jun 25, 2015
thanks the business is now going on well. thinking of opening office in owerri and port Harcourt....
Re: How Can I Charge On Hire Purchasing Transport Business by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jun 25, 2015
thanks the business is now going on well. thinking of opening offices in owerri and port Harcourt in 6months time.
Re: How Can I Charge On Hire Purchasing Transport Business by 4stylz: 3:37pm On Sep 15, 2015
caoalvin:
thanks the business is now going on well. thinking of opening offices in owerri and port Harcourt in 6months time.

How's the keke buisness going? Hope the drivers are not stessing because I intend buying some keke for same bizness.. ur reply will be higher appreciated
Re: How Can I Charge On Hire Purchasing Transport Business by naijacutee(f): 5:23pm On Sep 15, 2015
caoalvin:
thanks the business is now going on well. thinking of opening office in owerri and port Harcourt....

Glad to hear it is now going well. What method did you eventually settle on?
Re: How Can I Charge On Hire Purchasing Transport Business by sleekviews: 10:43am On Dec 07, 2015
PearlStreet:

Most people charge around 600-650k depending on the location and the type of tricycle you are providing as some tricycles are more durable than others.

Payments are done weekly, don't ever make the mistake of charging them monthly as they would only deliver for 2 weeks and use stories to summarize the remaining two weeks.

Also, make friends with the Chairman of the branch where they would be plying their trade. In fact, if possible, make him the manager of like 2 tricycles and see how effective he would be. They usually are used to the different 'formats' of lies and won't fall for it.

If possible, let your riders get his landlord/caretaker be a witness to the transaction and also get a civil servant as a guarantor. Someone that won't pay his rent or bills to his landlord won't pay you.

Get a good lawyer to draft you a proper contract. It should have several clauses that protect you as well as are fair to the other party. This is the most important thing after your tricycles. I can help in this if you send me a PM.

In addition, talk to one or two riders in the business over a bottle of beer, they would give you secrets to enhance your operations and cut losses.

Wishing you a successful enterprise.
Would you be kind enough to send me a sample agreement? I can send you my email address if that's ok

1 Like

Re: How Can I Charge On Hire Purchasing Transport Business by bjmme: 8:59pm On Mar 11, 2019
anyone that is interested in keke napep hire purchase business should let me know by sending email, if you are not ready to change your status please don't get in touch with me[/quote]anyone that is interested in keke napep hire purchase business should let me know by sending email, if you are not ready to change your status please don't get in touch with me
Let interest come from Lagos

1 Like

Re: How Can I Charge On Hire Purchasing Transport Business by archyns: 12:18am On Dec 15, 2019
Can you ride a tricycle? Do you live in Lagos or Ibadan? Are you ready for the hire purchase repayment? Do you have a verifiable and reliable guarantor? If these questions are YES, then call 09076592638 or mail archyns50@yahoo.com.

Thank you.

(1) (Reply)

Apply For CBN Entrepreneurship Loan Scheme For Graduates&Corpers / N10million To Invest. / Buy And Sell Recharge Card Online Training

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.