Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,475 members, 7,812,466 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:51 PM

Please How Do I Answer This In An Interview. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Please How Do I Answer This In An Interview. (1504 Views)

Please How Do I Answer This Career Question? / Questions You Can Ask In An Interview / He Missed An Interview Because……. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please How Do I Answer This In An Interview. by ahamonyeka(m): 6:57pm On Jun 10, 2015
Can anybody give me the answer to this question in an interview.
What's your salary expectations?
Re: Please How Do I Answer This In An Interview. by daamazing(m): 7:01pm On Jun 10, 2015
1000ZILLIONEUROS
Re: Please How Do I Answer This In An Interview. by Tallesty1(m): 7:03pm On Jun 10, 2015
You know your worth bro. Don't be greedy and don't be merciful.

1 Like

Re: Please How Do I Answer This In An Interview. by goodmorning40: 7:06pm On Jun 10, 2015
Any amount sir, just enough to buy me a descent house in the Bahamas in six months

2 Likes

Re: Please How Do I Answer This In An Interview. by obinna2nv(m): 7:07pm On Jun 10, 2015
You just say, "am the Bawse, and you just heard it from the horse' mouth!".

On a more serious note, know the salary range of the position you're applying for and add a little on top!!
Re: Please How Do I Answer This In An Interview. by Dioxidane: 7:11pm On Jun 10, 2015
"I believe a reputable company like yours would have a salary structure for each category of it's workers. I'm willing to work with that." That was the response I gave when asked...

8 Likes

Re: Please How Do I Answer This In An Interview. by joyblinks(f): 7:18pm On Jun 10, 2015
Dioxidane:
"I believe a reputable company like yours would have a salary structure for each category of it's workers. I'm willing to work with that." That was the response I gave when asked...

Always tell them your worth. Very important.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please How Do I Answer This In An Interview. by zaralady: 7:18pm On Jun 10, 2015
Dioxidane:

Wat if the hr says the salary structure in the coy is 20k can u work wit dat?? grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Please How Do I Answer This In An Interview. by missKiffy(f): 7:19pm On Jun 10, 2015
Dioxidane:
What if you are asked to mention a specific amount

1 Like

Re: Please How Do I Answer This In An Interview. by Dioxidane: 7:26pm On Jun 10, 2015
zaralady:

Wat if the hr says the salary structure for dat position in my coy is 20k can u work wit dat?? grin grin

joyblinks:

Always tell them your worth. Very important.

Like I said, that was what I said at the interview I went for... It's a major coy, and the interviewer asked like he didn't mean it so I told him that. Besides I was already told that the salary for each section was fixed...

2 Likes

Re: Please How Do I Answer This In An Interview. by Dioxidane: 7:30pm On Jun 10, 2015
missKiffy:
What if you are asked to mention a specific amount
Then you mention an amount a lil bit above the normal for the position...
Re: Please How Do I Answer This In An Interview. by missKiffy(f): 8:21pm On Jun 10, 2015
Dioxidane:

Then you mention an amount a lil bit above the normal for the position...
Hope my questions is nt getting 2 much, how do you know the normal amount for the position
Re: Please How Do I Answer This In An Interview. by Dioxidane: 8:28pm On Jun 10, 2015
missKiffy:

Hope my questions is nt getting 2 much, how do you know the normal amount for the position

If you have a contact in the company, they should be able to give you the information. If you don't, then go online. You would get the salary range corresponding to your job title...
Re: Please How Do I Answer This In An Interview. by obinna2nv(m): 9:30pm On Jun 10, 2015
missKiffy:

You can always open a thread on Nairaland and ask "Please I want to know the normal amount for this position". Am sure someone will give you a heads up...

2 Likes

Re: Please How Do I Answer This In An Interview. by sochima1989(m): 11:21pm On Jun 10, 2015
Never mention an amount for them pls......cos u might be shooting ur self..... The company already have and know what they want to pay you, so ur figure quoting wouldn't change a good company.. Stick to their standard salary for the position. Politely refuse to tell them your previous salary cos its not needed either.
Re: Please How Do I Answer This In An Interview. by movein: 2:56am On Jun 11, 2015
Never negotiate your salary.
Tell the interviewer that you know the company has a fair budget for every position.
Tell the interviewer you would rather discuss how to turn complex challenges into revenue and how to bring the company to a greater height.

I was asked the same question today when i went for an interview. I got a call back few hours after for the second round

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Post Tuesday And Thursdays Guardian Job Adverts Here / Job Opportunities At IHS – 8 Positions / Graduate Personal/executive Assistant Job At Murtala Muhammed Airport Terminal 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.