Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,573 members, 7,955,111 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:17 PM

Your Nysc Experience - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Your Nysc Experience (1960 Views)

Your NYSC Questions Answered / My NYSC Experience In Pixs / Corpers' Lodge: Ask Questions & Share Your NYSC Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Your Nysc Experience by annyplenty(m): 2:26pm On Feb 20, 2009
Your likes, dislikes and your general NYSC experience. I have a full diary. I served in benue state of nigeria, the food basket of the nation. it is mixed experiences. i will gist you. let your repies keep coming first.
Re: Your Nysc Experience by annyplenty(m): 5:28pm On Feb 21, 2009
I served in Benue state of Nigeria, the food basket of nigeria. benue state is the seventh biggest state in nigeria. it shared boundaries with abuja, kogi, nasarawa, taraba and enugu. the major tribes in benue are the TIVs and the IDOMAs. the capiatl of benue is makurdi while the traditional headquarter of the TIVs who are the dominant tribe is gboko, the hometown of the popular football club BCC LIONS OF GBOKO.

truely benue is the food basket of the nation. their mangoes are as big as human head and sold for about 6pieces for ten naira, no exagerations because nobody buys. each house has either a mango tree or a orange tree in front. their orange is as big as grapefruit and sold as almost free. their major work is farming, farming and farming. their hoe is very big and i bet you most of you can not raise the hoe up 20 times to make ridges and heaps. benue people eat alot of pounded yam. i doubt if the ondo people eat as much pounded yam as the benue. imagine you enter a canteen to buy food and the only food you can see to buy is pounded yam.

food is almost sold free in benue. one of my corper friends was given a hundred tubers of yam free of charge just because he agreed to serve with a school in the village. the temperature of makurdi is very high. it is as if the sun is moved down a bit. other areas are not as hot as makurdi. makurdi is also expensive.

benue babes are very beautiful. i will continue from here the next time.
Re: Your Nysc Experience by brunelz: 9:45am On Apr 05, 2012
Anny plenty................u didnt complete ur diary.
I am interested in serving in dat state.......... Owz d cost of living there? Accommodation, transport and all. Were u given accommodation in ur primary posting?
Is d state peaceful?
I hear drz lotz of HIV cases dr, ow true?
Please i will appreciate replies o

(1) (Reply)

Retrieval Of NYSC Discharge Certificate / I Went Walking For 30 Minutes A Day And This Is What Happened To My Body / See What My CDS Group Have In Plan For Our Pop. (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.