Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,205 members, 7,818,701 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:04 PM

Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy (39477 Views)

I Was Denied A Schengen Visa Today. / Reasons For Schengen Visa Refusal (explanation) / Italy Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy by zik4ever: 5:13pm On Jul 27, 2015
mathdiva:
i applied for schengen visa only for them to give me 10 days single entry meanwhile my mates who went with France got 1 year multiple entry. this was after delaying my visa issuance to the date before my trip.

I was so glad when i heard it had reverted back to French embassy. Like seriously who would even want to go to Begium embassy on a good day, Am sure they cost Netherlands a lot of foreign exchange
But how long did it take them to issue you the visa?
Re: Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy by zik4ever: 5:17pm On Jul 27, 2015
Westmorgan:
And today has been day 32 still haven't heard from the embassy.
Hi. Have they sorted you out at last?
Re: Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy by zik4ever: 5:18pm On Jul 27, 2015
mzceebaby:
Am having the same issues, I applied for a Netherlands visitation visa through the belgium vfs Lagos on the 1st of June, I was told to wait for 12-15 working days now it's almost 6 weeks my status still reads your application has been forwarded to the Belgium Embassy, my travel date is August 6th, I mailed the Embassy no response, reading you all were denied gives me the chills, how long do I have to wait? Please what were the reasons given after you were denied?
Still waiting for the visa?
Re: Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jul 27, 2015
zik4ever:

But how long did it take them to issue you the visa?
24 days
Re: Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy by zik4ever: 5:42pm On Jul 27, 2015
mathdiva:

24 days
I can even say yours took 24 days only! My friend spent 10 weeks waiting for response and had to withdraw his application last Friday.
Several others are still waiting for theirs. So sad and unprofessional!
Re: Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy by mzceebaby: 11:37am On Jul 28, 2015
zik4ever:

Still waiting for the visa?
I am still waiting, today makes it 42 working days and I have barely 1week to my travel date, it's just so frustrating, I've written to the Embassy no reply, wrote to vfs the reply wasn't helpful just told to wait, am just confused here.
Re: Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy by zik4ever: 1:39pm On Jul 28, 2015
mzceebaby:

I am still waiting, today makes it 42 working days and I have barely 1week to my travel date, it's just so frustrating, I've written to the Embassy no reply, wrote to vfs the reply wasn't helpful just told to wait, am just confused here.
I feel you. You are not alone in this miasma. I pray we all come through it. Some havent even booked their flights and air fares have really shot up through the roof now.
Re: Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy by zik4ever: 10:23am On Aug 03, 2015
Good people, a friend told me that what he heard from a contact at the Embassy is that they had network issues for like 2 weeks and this was only resolved late last week. Has anyone heard of this or gotten feedback on his/her visa application recently?
Re: Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy by zik4ever: 12:17pm On Aug 03, 2015
Someone whose family has pending visa application since June wrote to the Embassy for the fourth time and finally got this reply today:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Kindly be informed that the concerned visa application is still being processed.
As soon as we have an answer, VFS will contact the applicant.
Please note it takes minimum 14 working days to process a visa due to the compulsory Schengen consultation.

Best regards,

Embassy of Belgium in Abuja
Re: Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy by Virtue11: 1:45pm On Aug 03, 2015
zik4ever:
Someone whose family has pending visa application since June wrote to the Embassy for the fourth time and finally got this reply today:
Dear Sir/Madam,
Kindly be informed that the concerned visa application is still being processed.
As soon as we have an answer, VFS will contact the applicant.
Please note it takes minimum 14 working days to process a visa due to the compulsory Schengen consultation.
Best regards,
Embassy of Belgium in Abuja

@zik4ever,
I saw that you have been very active on this topic and have certainly kept it alive. Do you personally have a pending visa application with Belgium Embassy or this is just out of concern for your friend who has already withdrawn his application according to the prior information you have given on this topic so far?

I sponsored a Belgium family visit visa for my mother with supporting documents from Belgium where I currently live. She submitted her application through VFS office in Lagos since 23/06/2015 and up till now there has been no decision taken.

I contacted the Embassy of Belgium in Abuja by email this morning and I got a reply after couple of hours with the information you gave above except for the last sentence.

Perhaps this is a general delay for all the applications through the Belgium Embassy this period of time. I am hoping there will be a decision this week.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy by zik4ever: 2:11pm On Aug 03, 2015
Virtue11:

@zik4ever,
I saw that you have been very active on this topic and have certainly kept it alive. Do you personally have a pending visa application with Belgium Embassy or this is just out of concern for your friend who has already withdrawn his application according to the prior information you have given on this topic so far?

I sponsored a Belgium family visit visa for my mother with supporting documents from Belgium where I currently live. She submitted her application through VFS office in Lagos since 23/06/2015 and up till now there has been no decision taken.

I contacted the Embassy of Belgium in Abuja by email this morning and I got a reply after couple of hours with the information you gave above except for the last sentence.

Perhaps this is a general delay for all the applications through the Belgium Embassy this period of time. I am hoping there will be a decision this week.

Thanks
Ha ha. You got me there! Because "I am involved" oh! Yes, have applicants pending but indeed, this is more a case of inefficiency and this isn’t the first time this delay is happening. I hear it’s historic or better still, notorious! But I join you inpraying that there will be positive decision this week -no other decision is acceptable after the unacceptable delay!
Re: Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy by sniffydon(m): 10:38am On Aug 07, 2015
Found this on the Belgium Embassy Website.

Due to problems with the server in Abuja (no email, internet, telephone), the Embassy is temporarily only accessible via:

Email: embassyofbelgium.abuja@gmail.com
Tel.: +234 803 884 1003
Re: Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy by veleta: 12:45pm On Aug 07, 2015
Please house, my mum wants to apply for schengen visa through France, what document would she present in lieu of employment and leave letters as she is a retired civil servant.
Also, when does your date begin to count,is it from the date the visa is issued or the date you enter a schengen country?
Your prompt response is highly appreciated

1 Like

Re: Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy by luckbealady: 7:57pm On Aug 07, 2015
veleta:
Please house, my mum wants to apply for schengen visa through France, what document would she present in lieu of employment and leave letters as she is a retired civil servant.
Also, when does your date begin to count,is it from the date the visa is issued or the date you enter a schengen country?
Your prompt response is highly appreciated

It will be very tough for your mum to get a visa, unless she can show several of the following
1. Significant amount of money in her bank account
2. Invitation from a family member legally living in France with significant income who will take responsibility for her during her trip
3. Significant monthly income from pension
4. and/or an active business in her name with money coming into the business accounts.

Does she have any of these? How long does she plan to visit France?
Re: Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy by veleta: 8:43pm On Aug 07, 2015
Thanks for ur response.she doesn't have any family member,she has roughly 2M in her account, does not have any business and wants to spend 2weeks.
luckbealady:

It will be very tough for your mum to get a visa, unless she can show several of the following
1. Significant amount of money in her bank account
2. Invitation from a family member legally living in France with significant income who will take responsibility for her during her trip
3. Significant monthly income from pension
4. and/or an active business in her name with money coming into the business accounts.

Does she have any of these? How long does she plan to visit France?
Re: Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy by zik4ever: 9:44am On Aug 12, 2015
Virtue11:

@zik4ever,

Thanks
How far? Have you gotten any response yet?
Re: Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy by Virtue11: 2:32pm On Aug 12, 2015
zik4ever:

How far? Have you gotten any response yet?

None Yet. Still waiting
Re: Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy by zik4ever: 2:54pm On Aug 12, 2015
Virtue11:

None Yet. Still waiting
You are not alone! But this is simply unacceptable and unbelievable. Applicants from the Southern States who use French Embassy apparently have less hassles.
Re: Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy by zik4ever: 12:13pm On Aug 14, 2015
A colleague invited her sister in-law to the Netherlands through the French Embassy. After 17 working days, her visa has been issued. Dont know why that of the Belgian Embassy is still severely and inexplicably delayed. Anyone made progress on this lately?
Re: Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy by 21ctl(m): 9:28am On Aug 15, 2015
cry
Re: Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy by zik4ever: 3:13pm On Aug 17, 2015
21ctl:
i applied for belgium visa to go write my ccie exam, from june they held my passport until aug when i started sending mails.
i got a response that my application was denied, that i should go to VFS to collect it. i hope it does not take time to get to VFS too.
belgium embassy is the worst embassy so far, they dont have anything to offer and wondering why they keep denying people visa

Fully agree with you. My family is still waiting for feedback since June. Belgian Embassy is no go area. I am surprised they asked you to go to VFS. Some people went direct to the Embassy to withdraw their application after waiting in vains. Return or rejection doesnt waste time at all. They can even give the gate man to give you if you wish!
Re: Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy by 21ctl(m): 5:06pm On Aug 17, 2015
cry
Re: Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy by Tomi777(f): 9:07pm On Aug 17, 2015
[quote author=veleta post=36702754]Please house, my mum wants to apply for schengen visa through France, what document would she present in lieu of employment and leave letters as she is a retired civil servant.
Your prompt response is highly appreciated.
Re: Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy by Tomi777(f): 9:11pm On Aug 17, 2015
Pm me ...
Re: Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy by 21ctl(m): 1:15pm On Aug 18, 2015
nil
Re: Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy by zik4ever: 4:13pm On Aug 18, 2015
21ctl:
am still waiting for abuja to return my passport to lagos... i sent them emails no response and vfs response is not helping matters ( be patient)

what can i do? go to abuja or wait and see if by friday the passport will be in lagos?
I think you better wait since they advised you that they will send it. Save yourself the added cost, inconvenience and hazards of road travel. Others in the house are still waiting for feedback.
Re: Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy by Slacker(m): 9:33pm On Aug 18, 2015
21ctl:
i applied for belgium visa to go write my ccie exam, from june they held my passport until aug when i started sending mails.
i got a response that my application was denied, that i should go to VFS to collect it. i hope it does not take time to get to VFS too.
belgium embassy is the worst embassy so far, they dont have anything to offer and wondering why they keep denying people visa

I also applied to go an take my ccie exam in Brussels.Yet to get a response.. and time is running fast.. So annoying..
Re: Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy by zik4ever: 9:30pm On Aug 21, 2015
Slacker:

I also applied to go an take my ccie exam in Brussels.Yet to get a response.. and time is running fast.. So annoying..
It appears to be the Belgium way. Some people have waited for like 8 weeks and no news on visa yet. Anyone with update?
Re: Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy by zik4ever: 1:22pm On Aug 24, 2015
Never give up! Lets share updates until we get out of the woods on this!
Re: Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy by zik4ever: 2:41pm On Aug 28, 2015
Its 2 months since my family applied for the visa and school holiday ends next week, I'll withdraw the application. Good luck to good guys and girls still waiting.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Photo Of Lagos Traffic In 1982 / Update On The Lagos Light Rail, Eko Bridge Axis - Photos / Dana Airline Passenger Destroys Check-in Systems, Dana Reacts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.