Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,521 members, 7,843,608 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 08:42 AM

Biracial Nigerian Prodigy Predicted To Be The Next Dominant Force In HW BOXING - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Biracial Nigerian Prodigy Predicted To Be The Next Dominant Force In HW BOXING (863 Views)

Leicester City, Wilfred Ndidi Dominant Performance Against Athletico In Pictures / Nigerian Prodigy 'tosin Kehinde' To Represent Manchester United Team / A Comprehensive Scout Report On Teenage Nigerian Prodigy Kelechi Iheanacho (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Biracial Nigerian Prodigy Predicted To Be The Next Dominant Force In HW BOXING by chudidonas(m): 10:41am On Jun 11, 2015
Wladimir Klitschko believes Anthony Joshua will become the new "dominant force in the heavyweight division".

The Ukrainian, now 39, currently holds three of the four major belts but has no doubt that the British Olympic gold medallist will win a world title sooner rather than later.

In an exclusive interview with Ringside, which you can see on Thursday night from 6pm on Sky Sports 1, Klitschko has no doubt that Joshua is 'that' good and will rule the sport's blue riband division.

"I can talk about Anthony Joshua a lot," he said.

"I can say a lot of good things about him and I like the way this guy is developing so well.

"I would say - probably on a short line - I am so confident he will become the dominant force in the heavyweight division.

"I would put any money on Anthony Joshua winning any other fight that comes up. That means a lot!"

Joshua spent time in Klitschko's training camp last year and has since moved to 13-0 with 13 knockouts inside three rounds.

The last one of those stoppages was an explosive two-round demolition of the experienced Kevin Johnson, who took Vitali Klitschko the distance back in 2009.

And Wladimir again, pulled no punches when it came to praising Joshua.

"I was expecting Anthony to win this fight but I never thought he was going to win that comprehensively!"

Anthony Oluwafemi Olaseni Joshua, MBE is a British professional boxer competing in the heavyweight division where he is the current WBC International heavyweight champion. He is currently promoted by Matchroom Sport.
Born: October 15, 1989 (age 25), Watford, United Kingdom
Joshua was announced winner via count-back and the new Olympic champion in 2012 Olympics Games. During the Olympic Games, Joshua was assisted by GB Boxing coach, Paul Walmsley. After the triumph, Joshua vowed to remain level-headed, "If fame comes I'm going to be okay with it, but I don't want to be hyped up and made out to be something I'm not."

He was appointed Member of the Order of the British Empire (MBE) in the 2013 New Year Honours for services to boxing
Every boxing lover should watch out for this guy.

source: http://www1.skysports.com/watch/tv-shows/ringside/news/9880931/anthony-joshua-will-be-the-dominant-force-in-the-heavyweight-division-says-wladimir-klitschko

cc lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

Eyeanma Dropped As Super Eagle's Captain / Best Livescore Website Out Now With Goal Alert....you Have To See It / Arsenal Win Gabriel Appeal After Red Card In Diego Costa Chelsea Clash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.