Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,070 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:54 AM

Man Bought New Car With £70,000 In COINS - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Man Bought New Car With £70,000 In COINS (1093 Views)

Inside Trump's New Car, The 'Beast' / Car With Witch Number Plate In Abuja Spotted Again On The Highway. Photo / See How Much A Brand New Car Cost In 1977 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Bought New Car With £70,000 In COINS by ludamix(m): 1:29pm On Jun 11, 2015
Shocked sales staff hadn't realised that
when buyer Mr Gan said he wanted to pay
in cash - he actually meant coins.
The gas station worker paid 680,000 yuan –including 660,000 coins or around £70,000 – to a dealership in Liaoning province, east China to buy an imported Toyota Land Cruiser.
It took 10 staff members hours to unload
1,320 rolls of coins weighing an incredible
four tonnes from the back of the lorry.
It is not yet known how long it took workers to count them all up.
Local banks said that the car dealership
would have to make special arrangements
for the money to be processed.
To add insult to injury – there is likely to be
a handling charge.
The photographs have gained widespread attention online. On Chinese social media, one user wrote: "'If you didn't say it was coins I would have thought it was ammunition!" Juan Mao, a visitor to the showroom, said she was meant by a most bizarre sight. "To be honest, I could not believe what was going on.
"Great piles of wrapped money was being
taken by hand into the dealership. The staff were bringing it in in relays and it was
taking ages.
"I've heard of paying cash to get a discount
but this was taking it a bit far."

Re: Man Bought New Car With £70,000 In COINS by whirlwind7(m): 1:30pm On Jun 11, 2015
grin
Well, cash (coins) still rules...in sane and strong economies.
I remember in 1991 or so, when N1 coin was introduced, and local businesses were swift to reject it.

Such a transaction wouldn't have been honored in naija. That man must really have done nothing other than save those coins and dreamed about purchasing that SUV.
Re: Man Bought New Car With £70,000 In COINS by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jun 11, 2015
Have we ever spend coins in naija sef grin that man must be alibaba's brother
Re: Man Bought New Car With £70,000 In COINS by MissSlimbody(f): 1:38pm On Jun 11, 2015
If I dey work there, na to resign sure passundecided
Re: Man Bought New Car With £70,000 In COINS by clintino700(m): 2:18pm On Jun 11, 2015
See blessing in form of punishment... grin
Re: Man Bought New Car With £70,000 In COINS by Whizpeter(m): 10:10pm On Jun 11, 2015
See Punishment

(1) (Reply)

Car Battery Issues Need Urgent Solutions / Highway Police And Engine Numbers / Clean Acura TL 2010, Body Style Sedan 4D.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.