Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,397 members, 7,815,867 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:46 PM

The World First Head Transplant! How Viable A Project Is It? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / The World First Head Transplant! How Viable A Project Is It? (568 Views)

World's First Head Transplant A Success After Nineteen Hours Of Operation / World’s First Head Transplant Ever (photos) / World’s First Successful Head Transplant Operation: Man’s Head Cut Off (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The World First Head Transplant! How Viable A Project Is It? by cegxie(m): 2:36pm On Jun 11, 2015
man who has volunteered to undergo the world’s
first head transplant operation has denied he is
‘crazy’, despite a leading surgeon suggesting that he
could suffer a fate ‘worse than death’.
Valery Spiridonov, a Russian computer programmer,
will fly to New York this week to meet neurosurgeon
Sergio Canavero for the first time.

Mr Spiridonov suffers from a muscle wasting
condition called Werdnig-Hoffman disease, and has
spent the majority of his life in a wheelchair.
But he has now denied that the operation is an
elaborate hoax, and instead insists that Canavero is
entirely serious about pushing forward with the
pioneering surgery.
Speaking to the MailOnline, he said: ‘I am not rushing
to go under the surgeon’s knife, I am not shouting –
come and save me here and now.
‘Yes, I do have a disease which often leads to death,
but my first role in this project is not that of a
patient.
‘First of all, I am a scientist, I am an engineer, and I am keen to persuade people – medical professionals,
that such an operation is necessary.
‘I am not going crazy here and rushing to cut off my
head, believe me’.
However, a leading surgeon has warned that the
operation could cause the 30-year-old computer
programmer to suffer levels of unparalleled insanity.
Dr Hunt Batjer, president elect of the American
Association for Neurological Surgeons said: ‘I would
not wish this on anyone.
‘I would not allow anyone to do it to me as there are
a lot of things worse than death’.

My question is this... Do you think its going to be a successful head transplant or not, and medically what do you see right or wrong here.
Source.. https://www.yahoo.com/uk.news/volunteer-for-world-s-first-head-transplant-insists-he-s-not-crazy-110508919.html?.b=%2Findex

Re: The World First Head Transplant! How Viable A Project Is It? by wewe1(m): 2:41pm On Jun 11, 2015
Uhmm

Another John Travolta and Nicholas Cage.
Re: The World First Head Transplant! How Viable A Project Is It? by robinicule(m): 5:45pm On Jun 11, 2015
pls whose head are they going to use..

(1) (Reply)

Top 6 Health Benefits Of Red Wine / Buy Clean Stone Free Ofada Rice. / You Eat Them Every Day But They Destroy Your Teeth!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.