Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,935 members, 7,828,267 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:38 AM

Siasia Blasts Manu Garba’s “poor Tactics” - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Siasia Blasts Manu Garba’s “poor Tactics” (1109 Views)

Pogba Sign-on Fee: ManU Fans Query EFCC; EFCC Replies - Read Tweets / Man Breaks His TV After ManU Lost Their Match Tonight (Photo) / Manu Garba Throws In The Towel : Hints At Flying Eagles Exit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Siasia Blasts Manu Garba’s “poor Tactics” by samueld0(m): 5:25pm On Jun 11, 2015
has lamented the poor tactics which cost Nigeria a place at the quarter finals of the FIFA U20 World Cup.
Siasia, who led Nigeria to a second place finish at the FIFA U20 World Cup in 2005, said the Manu Garba led team didn’t play to win, after they were overrun 1-0 by Germany in the round of 16 to end Nigeria’s hopes of finally lifting the coveted U20 World Cup.
“It just wasn’t there today at all. The guys just didn’t come out to play for a win. When you’re playing against the Germans, you have to come out aggressively, keep possession of the ball and create chances to score but we didn’t do all that today.
Also read: Flying Eagles crash out of FIFA U-20 W/Cup
“We kept marking the Germans five yards away, which gave them the time and space to turn around with the ball, dribble and create chances.
“Just check the number of chances they created and you will realize that they could have beaten us by three or four goals today.
“They scored just one goal but they created a lot of chances but how many chances did we have? We didn’t create much because the tactics was poor.
“With the formation we deployed, just one striker but there was no support going forward and we didn’t create chances.
“It was just Awoniyi going forward and there was no support. He should have changed that by introducing Moses and Iheanacho, but he (Manu) brought in a defensive midfielder when we were losing,” Siasia lamented.

http://m.news24.com/Nigeria/Sport/Football/Siasia-blasts-Manu-Garbas-poor-tactics-20150611

1 Like

Re: Siasia Blasts Manu Garba’s “poor Tactics” by samueld0(m): 5:29pm On Jun 11, 2015
Babayaro slams Manu Garba over World Cup exit

Lagos - Former junior international Emmanuel Babayaro has slammed Flying Eagles coach Manu Garba following Nigeria’s ouster from the 2015 FIFA U20 World Cup.
The Nigeria U20’s lost 1-0 to their German counterparts in a round of 16 game in Christchurch, in what could easily have been a bigger win for the European champions.
And Babayaro, a former Nigeria U20 international believes the Flying Eagles coach, Manu Garba was responsible for Nigeria’s failure to progress beyond the round of 16.
“For me I will blame the coach, he’s the reason we lost,” Babayaro said.
“I keep asking myself where we are going because sometimes it seems like we have taken some steps forward and then we take many steps backward.
“He (Manu) took Moses Simon to the World Cup and did not play him and this same Simon was wanted by the Super Eagles and if he knew he wasn’t going to play the lad, why take him to the World Cup?
“He should have let Keshi have him (Simon). This young lad plays for a top club in Belgium. He has helped his team qualify for the Champions League and is highly celebrated in Europe and he didn’t even get to play a game in the tournament.
“And from the way they played in the tournament, you could tell Manu just had in mind to play a selected group of players, a particular group of players without considering those that has the capability to play,” Babayaro said in a disappointed tone.

2 Likes

Re: Siasia Blasts Manu Garba’s “poor Tactics” by SuperSuave(m): 5:45pm On Jun 11, 2015
all this slamming and blasting isn't enough, sack him before he gets to Nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Siasia Blasts Manu Garba’s “poor Tactics” by dicksj93: 5:53pm On Jun 11, 2015
samueld0:
Babayaro slams Manu Garba over World Cup exit

Lagos - Former junior international Emmanuel Babayaro has slammed Flying Eagles coach Manu Garba following Nigeria’s ouster from the 2015 FIFA U20 World Cup.
The Nigeria U20’s lost 1-0 to their German counterparts in a round of 16 game in Christchurch, in what could easily have been a bigger win for the European champions.
And Babayaro, a former Nigeria U20 international believes the Flying Eagles coach, Manu Garba was responsible for Nigeria’s failure to progress beyond the round of 16.
“For me I will blame the coach, he’s the reason we lost,” Babayaro said.
“I keep asking myself where we are going because sometimes it seems like we have taken some steps forward and then we take many steps backward.
“He (Manu) took Moses Simon to the World Cup and did not play him and this same Simon was wanted by the Super Eagles and if he knew he wasn’t going to play the lad, why take him to the World Cup?
“He should have let Keshi have him (Simon). This young lad plays for a top club in Belgium. He has helped his team qualify for the Champions League and is highly celebrated in Europe and he didn’t even get to play a game in the tournament.
“And from the way they played in the tournament, you could tell Manu just had in mind to play a selected group of players, a particular group of players without considering those that has the capability to play,” Babayaro said in a disappointed tone.
kinda explains y the likes of iheanacho were given half chances...

2 Likes

Re: Siasia Blasts Manu Garba’s “poor Tactics” by samueld0(m): 6:46pm On Jun 11, 2015
SuperSuave:
all this slamming and blasting isn't enough, sack him before he gets to Nigeria

Lol bros take am easy

Let him return to the Under17
Re: Siasia Blasts Manu Garba’s “poor Tactics” by Nobody: 12:49am On Jun 12, 2015
listened to Nduka Ugbade's interview on brila fm and d guy said they didn't gve a damn whether iheanacho played for man city or not. That he didn't play in the caf u-20s so y shud he have played @ this tournament. He called it & i quote "Arrant Nonsense"!!

Guy, d slamming for u and garba just dey start. Wait make una cum back first......u go know

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Latest Football Clubs Transfer Updates Across The Globe / The gods Of Soccer Are Angry With CHELSEA (Funny Pics) / Five Shocking Facts About The Swaziland National Football Team

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.