Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,823 members, 7,817,399 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:32 AM

The Person Of The Holy Ghost - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Person Of The Holy Ghost (1282 Views)

Traumatized Nigerian Doctor Shares His Experience With A Ghost / How To Receive HOLY GHOST Baptism / Our Dangerous Prayers, Using Holy Ghost Fire As A Weapon Of Destruction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Person Of The Holy Ghost by cosiocan(m): 6:43pm On Jun 11, 2015
God the Father is that Holy Ghost in our Lord Jesus Christ, because God said to Mary through the angel, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God. And in another place, as Mary was espouse to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with Child of the Holy Ghost. Notice, that the Child Jesus was called both the Son of God and Child of the Holy Ghost, showing that God is that Holy Ghost in Christ. That is, God is in Christ reconciling the world to Himself
(Luke 1:35) (Matt 1:18) (2Cor 5:19).
And Our Lord Jesus Christ is the Person of the Holy Spirit in all the saints, because through Him we have access by one Spirit unto the Father
(Ephesians 2:18).
As it is written, “The first man Adam became a living being.” The last Adam Christ became a life-giving Spirit (or the Holy Spirit).
(1 Corinthians 15:45)
In the Revelation of Jesus Christ unto his Apostle John to the seven Churches. Notice, that Jesus is He that holds the seven stars in his right hand, who walks in the midst of the seven golden candlesticks, the first and the last, which was dead and is alive, He which has the sharp sword with two edges, the Son of God, who has his eyes like unto a flame of fire and his feet are like fine brass, who has the seven Spirits of God and the seven stars, who has the key of David, the Amen, and the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God. Yet at the end of each message it was written; He that has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says unto the churches. It does not take a genius to know that the Son of God is the Holy Spirit speaking to John.
(Rev. 2-3)
And words of Agur the son of Jakeh confirmed this, even the prophecy said, who had ascended up into heaven, or descended? Who hath gathered the wind in his fists? Who had bound the waters in a garment? Who had established all the ends of the earth? What is his name, and what is his son's name, if thou canst tell? Notice, that this prophecy inquired us to search out and believe in only two Persons; the name of God the Father and of the Son Jesus Christ alone!
(Prov. 30:4)
Therefore it is obvious that Holy Ghost is not a person of his own but A SPIRIT from God and Jesus is the name or the person of the Holy Spirit.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Person Of The Holy Ghost by hahn(m): 6:54pm On Jun 11, 2015
This is obviously the end product of too much scooby doo
Re: The Person Of The Holy Ghost by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jun 11, 2015
What new thing has this Holy Spirit taught or brought.?

1 Like

Re: The Person Of The Holy Ghost by MizJanet(f): 7:11pm On Jun 11, 2015
all this clueless religious folks are just saying trash on nairaland threads

1 Like

Re: The Person Of The Holy Ghost by cosiocan(m): 12:13am On Jun 12, 2015
Just as the children of Israel could not understand that Law of Moses. But their minds were blinded.
Even so the world cannot understand the mystery of the gospel of Christ
cosiocan:
God the Father is that Holy Ghost in our Lord Jesus Christ, because God said to Mary through the angel, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God. And in another place, as Mary was espouse to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with Child of the Holy Ghost. Notice, that the Child Jesus was called both the Son of God and Child of the Holy Ghost, showing that God is that Holy Ghost in Christ. That is, God is in Christ reconciling the world to Himself
And Our Lord Jesus Christ is the Person of the Holy Spirit in all the saints, because through Him we have access by one Spirit unto the Father
As it is written, “The first man Adam became a living being.” The last Adam Christ became a life-giving Spirit (or the Holy Spirit).
In the Revelation of Jesus Christ unto his Apostle John to the seven Churches. Notice, that Jesus is He that holds the seven stars in his right hand, who walks in the midst of the seven golden candlesticks, the first and the last, which was dead and is alive, He which has the sharp sword with two edges, the Son of God, who has his eyes like unto a flame of fire and his feet are like fine brass, who has the seven Spirits of God and the seven stars, who has the key of David, the Amen, and the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God. Yet at the end of each message it was written; He that has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says unto the churches. It does not take a genius to know that the Son of God is the Holy Spirit speaking to John.
(Rev. 2-3)
And words of Agur the son of Jakeh confirmed this, even the prophecy said, who had ascended up into heaven, or descended? Who hath gathered the wind in his fists? Who had bound the waters in a garment? Who had established all the ends of the earth? What is his name, and what is his son's name, if thou canst tell? Notice, that this prophecy inquired us to search out and believe in only two Persons; the name of God the Father and of the Son Jesus Christ alone!
Therefore it is obvious that Holy Ghost is not a person of his own but A SPIRIT from God and Jesus is the name or the person of the Holy Spirit.
Re: The Person Of The Holy Ghost by johnw74: 2:54am On Jun 12, 2015
cosiocan:
(Rev. 2-3)

Just on that last sentence,
That Spirit from God who became Jesus Christ, was first the Word who was with God, and who was God

God and the Word are two persons:
Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

the Word was God:
Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Joh 1:2 He was in the beginning with God.
Joh 1:3 All things came into being through Him, and without Him not even one thing came into being that has come into being.

Joh 1:14 And the Word became flesh, and tabernacled among us. ...

That Spirit from God is a person- a being from everlasting

Pro 8:22 Jehovah possessed me from the beginning of His way, before His works of old.
Pro 8:23 I was anointed from everlasting, from the beginning, before the earth ever was.
Pro 8:24 When there were no depths, I was brought forth; when there were no springs heavy with water.
Pro 8:25 Before the mountains were settled, before the hills, I was brought forth.
Pro 8:26 before He had made the earth, or the fields or the highest part of the dust of the world.
Pro 8:27 When He prepared the heavens, I was there; when He set a circle upon the face of the deep;
Pro 8:28 when He set the clouds above; when He made the strong fountains of the deep;
Pro 8:29 when He gave to the sea its limit that the waters should not pass His command; when He appointed the foundations of the earth;
Pro 8:30 even I was a workman at His side; and I was daily His delight, rejoicing always before Him;
Re: The Person Of The Holy Ghost by Nobody: 7:42am On Jun 12, 2015
this is not the first time i am saying this..
One needs to have a precise Knowledge & complete understanding of the doctrine of The trinity(i.e the Father,Son and Holy Spirit) before you start discussions,arguements abt it..
SELAH
Re: The Person Of The Holy Ghost by cosiocan(m): 8:02am On Jun 12, 2015
johnw74:

That Spirit from God who became Jesus Christ, was first the Word who was with God, and who was God

the Word was God:

Joh 1:3 All things came into being through Him, and without Him not even one thing came into being that has come into being.

Pro 8:22 Jehovah possessed me from the beginning of His way, before His works of old.
Pro 8:23 I was anointed from everlasting, from the beginning, before the earth ever was.
Pro 8:24 When there were no depths, I was brought forth; when there were no springs heavy with water.
Pro 8:25 Before the mountains were settled, before the hills, I was brought forth.
Pro 8:26 before He had made the earth, or the fields or the highest part of the dust of the world.
Pro 8:27 When He prepared the heavens, I was there; when He set a circle upon the face of the deep;
Pro 8:28 when He set the clouds above; when He made the strong fountains of the deep;
Pro 8:29 when He gave to the sea its limit that the waters should not pass His command; when He appointed the foundations of the earth;
Pro 8:30 even I was a workman at His side; and I was daily His delight, rejoicing always before Him;

Who is wisdom? Proverb 8 tells us
that He has a mouth, and speaks. Now Paul wrote, “But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of
God.” (1 Corinthians 1:24) and in another place he said, “But of Him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption.” (1 Corinthians 1:30) Christ is Wisdom,and is speaking in Proverbs chapter 8. “When there were no depths, I was brought forth when there were no fountains abounding with water. Before the mountains were settled, before the hills was I brought forth.” (Proverbs 8:24, 25)
Re: The Person Of The Holy Ghost by MizJanet(f): 8:16am On Jun 12, 2015
johnw74:

the Word was God:

You are a big clown , while in d midst of catholics u quote that Jesus is just " SON of God" , but while facing the op , u reverse and quote him as " God" . You Realize That quoting him as " God" to the catholic guys will forfeit and finish you before them . You are a bloody hypocrite .

2 Likes

Re: The Person Of The Holy Ghost by Nobody: 8:58am On Jun 12, 2015
our mates in other parts of the world are advancing technologically,

we are here reciting chapters and verses of a persian history book,

we are still praying for a god to remove malaria,

but we cant keep our environment clean to avoid mosquitoes,

shame!!!

2 Likes

Re: The Person Of The Holy Ghost by cosiocan(m): 9:06am On Jun 12, 2015
johnw74:

the Word was God:

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God".(John 1:1)
The Word is God and the Word is also the Lamb and the Word is also the Lion of the tribe of Judah.
Behold the Lamb of God (John 1:36)
Behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David. (Rev 5:5)
It does not take a genius to understand that Christ is not an animal because He was called a lamb and a lion, but that He has the personality of a Lamb and of a Lion.
Hence, Christ having all the personality of God the Father is called God.
For it pleased the Father that in Christ should all fullness dwell.(Col 1:19)
Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person and being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name. (Heb 1:3)
Therefore, Paul believes that Christ obtained all the personality of God by inheritance not by inherence.
Re: The Person Of The Holy Ghost by cosiocan(m): 9:29am On Jun 12, 2015
MrPresident:
our mates in other parts of the world are advancing technologically,

we are here reciting chapters and verses of a persian history book,

we are still praying for a god to remove malaria,

but we cant keep our environment clean to avoid mosquitoes,

shame!!!

little do you know that Religion is really the strength of any Nation.
Re: The Person Of The Holy Ghost by Nobody: 9:53am On Jun 12, 2015
cosiocan:
little do you know that Religion is really the strength of any Nation.

exactly why we dont need religion, because the less religious a nation is the more strength.
China, Japan, Israel(to ur surprise), are in top list of less religious countries. while shiithole countries like our beloved nigeria, somalia, sri lanka, fiji, iraq, etc are the top religious.
you do the maths!!

Liberians were fasting and praying in the streets waiting for jewish yahweh to remove ebola,

but it took the scientific research and medical experiments of the non-religious nations to cure them.

use your tongue to count your teeth. wink cheesy

3 Likes

Re: The Person Of The Holy Ghost by cosiocan(m): 10:28am On Jun 12, 2015
MrPresident:

exactly why we dont need religion, because the less religious a nation is the more strength.
China, Japan, Israel(to ur surprise), are in top list of less religious countries. while shiithole countries like our beloved nigeria, somalia, sri lanka, fiji, iraq, etc are the top religious.
you do the maths!!

Liberians were fasting and praying in the streets waiting for jewish yahweh to remove ebola,

but it took the scientific research and medical experiments of the non-religious nations to cure them.

use your tongue to count your teeth. wink cheesy
no dog becomes fat through eating of bones after the flesh has been eaten. Check out the origin of all Religions we have in Africa. Roman catholic from Europe, Anglican from Europe, Penthecostalism from American, Hinduism from China, Buddhism from Europe, Islam from the Middle East. Non of these nations serves the true God of heaven. But they brought down to us the doctrines of their national gods. And we have becomes slaves of their gods.
The only way out of this slavery, is to know the true God of heaven through the bible (the written words of the most high God)
Re: The Person Of The Holy Ghost by Nobody: 10:52am On Jun 12, 2015
cosiocan:
no dog becomes fat through eating of bones after the flesh has been eaten. Check out the origin of all Religions we have in Africa. Roman catholic from Europe, Anglican from Europe, Penthecostalism from American, Hinduism from China, Buddhism from Europe, Islam from the Middle East. Non of these nations serves the true God of heaven. But they brought down to us the doctrines of their national gods. And we have becomes slaves of their gods.
The only way out of this slavery, is to know the true God of heaven through the bible (the written words of the most high God)

Sir, no offense, but you are undoubtedly the worst joke of any christian I have ever interacted with on this forum.

*foreign countries brought religions to you
*non of them serves the true God of heaven
*they brought to you the doctrine(written in bible) of their national Gods & you hve become slaves
*the only way out of slavery is know true God through the same bible(doctrines) they brought

if there is a hospital for brain-transplant, I would gladly shoulder the cost, for some people here on nairaland. grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Person Of The Holy Ghost by simplex2: 11:35am On Jun 12, 2015
cosiocan:

You're joking right

The same people that brought the religion to you are the same people that composed that tool you called the world of ya most high

2 Likes

Re: The Person Of The Holy Ghost by johnw74: 1:22am On Jun 13, 2015
MizJanet:

You are a big clown , while in d midst of catholics u quote that Jesus is just " SON of God" , but while facing the op , u reverse and quote him as " God" . You Realize That quoting him as " God" to the catholic guys will forfeit and finish you before them . You are a bloody hypocrite .

I have never said Jesus is Just Son of God

you make a lie and then you comment on your lie

on your wrong assessments you call names

slowpoke is right for you, isn't it?
Re: The Person Of The Holy Ghost by MizJanet(f): 10:03am On Jun 13, 2015
johnw74:

I have never said Jesus is Just Son of God
you make a lie and then you comment on your lie

on your wrong assessments you call names
slowpoke is right for you, isn't it?

Show ur identity , Jesus the son of Mary , Is God ? YES OR NO

*** grin he will start beating around the bush and shift to son of God sharply
Re: The Person Of The Holy Ghost by johnw74: 12:52am On Jun 14, 2015
MizJanet:

I can easily explain the Truth of your question, which you asked me before
my answer remains the same as before
"I won't cast Pearls before the swine"
Re: The Person Of The Holy Ghost by MizJanet(f): 1:52pm On Jun 14, 2015
johnw74:

I can easily explain the Truth of your question, which you asked me before my answer remains the same as before "I won't cast Pearls before the swine"

Re: The Person Of The Holy Ghost by johnw74: 1:13am On Jun 15, 2015
MizJanet:

johnw74:

I can easily explain the Truth of your question, which you asked me before, my answer remains the same as before, "I won't cast Pearls before the swine"

I at least am able to say, that my destination to that eternal fire is not assured.

Re: The Person Of The Holy Ghost by Syncan(m): 3:56pm On Jun 15, 2015
MizJanet:

Why are you heckling my beloved brother.

johnw74, how are you, hope all is well, if so may God be praised.
Re: The Person Of The Holy Ghost by johnw74: 12:27am On Jun 16, 2015
Syncan:

Why are you heckling my beloved brother.

johnw74, how are you, hope all is well, if so may God be praised.

Hypocricy

Syncan:

I've heard that before, when your fore fathers said "Let his blood be on us and our children" Matt 27:25.

O had they known how wrong they were.... Obstinacy in ignorance.

Am leaving this thread for I never had nor do I now have interest in it, please stop mentioning my handle here.
Re: The Person Of The Holy Ghost by cosiocan(m): 11:48am On Jun 16, 2015
MrPresident:

Sir, no offense, but you are undoubtedly the worst joke of any christian I have ever interacted with on this forum.

*foreign countries brought religions to you
*non of them serves the true God of heaven
*they brought to you the doctrine(written in bible) of their national Gods & you hve become slaves
*the only way out of slavery is know true God through the same bible(doctrines) they brought

if there is a hospital for brain-transplant, I would gladly shoulder the cost, for some people here on nairaland. grin grin grin
anyways, let me continue to cast my pearls before swines, for the sake of those who will be saved. When I said the doctrines of their national gods. I don't mean the bible but I mean the fundamental doctrines of the so called Christianity called the Trinity. Because with such foundation, the bible will profit you nothing.
Re: The Person Of The Holy Ghost by Syncan(m): 12:26pm On Jun 16, 2015
johnw74:

Hypocricy

Well...if the above is your christian response to "Johnw74, how are you, hope all is well, If so may God be praised"... What impression are you then leaving for the atheist?
Re: The Person Of The Holy Ghost by johnw74: 2:11am On Jun 17, 2015
cosiocan:
anyways, let me continue to cast my pearls before swines, for the sake of those who will be saved. When I said the doctrines of their national gods. I don't mean the bible but I mean the fundamental doctrines of the so called Christianity called the Trinity. Because with such foundation, the bible will profit you nothing.

Just on pearls & swine, and not on your debate
there may be atheists who have an open mind
but the ones who are just out to bash believers are the swine Jesus spoke off
people go against Jesus in pandering to that type

Mat 7:6 Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

(1) (Reply)

Chinedu AKA Flavour Back To Base (church Of God Mission Enugu Zone) To Thank God / Pls Muslims Defend This, And Convince Me That Islam Doesn't Condone Violence / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 31/07/16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.