Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,434 members, 7,819,577 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:23 PM

Which One Of The Messiah Stories Do You Prefer To Others And Your Evidence? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Which One Of The Messiah Stories Do You Prefer To Others And Your Evidence? (1122 Views)

Man Withdraws Support For Apostle Suleman After Alleged New Evidence Emerges / Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? / 1 Reason Jesus Isn't The Messiah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which One Of The Messiah Stories Do You Prefer To Others And Your Evidence? by menesheh(m): 8:01pm On Jun 11, 2015
I had alarming dream yesterday night which was half sleep dream (combination of consciousness and subconsciousness) and i was shown the end of the world and how things work at the other realm aside ours. grin

Woke up from my slumber and i started contemplating on the whole scenario. I decided now to go back the theist way again but my only problem is

"which messiah story should i choose" grin

I started my research again and then saw these tweat from dawkins with Wikipedia url but still need more insight.

Theist advice need.
Mature ones pls

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_messiah_claimants

ZoranderGraeme
RapLawd
malvisguy212

Re: Which One Of The Messiah Stories Do You Prefer To Others And Your Evidence? by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jun 11, 2015
I am a bit confused, what exactly do you want?
Re: Which One Of The Messiah Stories Do You Prefer To Others And Your Evidence? by malvisguy212: 9:20pm On Jun 11, 2015
menesheh:
I had alarming dream yesterday night which was half sleep dream (combination of consciousness and subconsciousness) and i was shown the end of the world and how things work at the other realm aside ours. grin

Woke up from my slumber and i started contemplating on the whole scenario. I decided now to go back the theist way again but my only problem is

"which messiah story should i choose" grin

I started my research again and then saw these tweat from dawkins with Wikipedia url but still need more advice.

Theist advice need.
Mature ones pls

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_messiah_claimants

ZoranderGraeme
RapLawd
malvisguy212
Jesus never advice his follower to follow him blindly, He want us to be sure of what we believe,if you truly had a vision as you claimed, you would not be asking which messiah you are to followed,Jesus christ will never revealed this to you and left you confused.

I saw demon claimed to be the christ, (this happened when I was a sinner) immediately I rebuke him, after that he transformed into his real self. I tell you the truth my good friend, the first time I had encounter with Jesus christ, I knew it was Him, He called my name and say He love me. I am telling you the truth, I have no proof to give you, but I know what I saw. If you believe me Good and if you did not believe me, I will still say Good. It a choice. Peace
Re: Which One Of The Messiah Stories Do You Prefer To Others And Your Evidence? by RapLawd(m): 9:50pm On Jun 11, 2015
malvisguy212:
Jesus never advice his follower to follow him blindly, He want us to be sure of what we believe,if you truly had a vision as you claimed, you would not be asking which messiah you are to followed,Jesus christ will never revealed this to you and left you confused.

I saw demon claimed to be the christ, (this happened when I was a sinner) immediately I rebuke him, after that he transformed into his real self. I tell you the truth my good friend, the first time I had encounter with Jesus christ, I knew it was Him, He called my name and say He love me. I am telling you the truth, I have no proof to give you, but I know what I saw. If you believe me Good and if you did not believe me, I will still say Good. It a choice. Peace

Well said bro...

1 Like

Re: Which One Of The Messiah Stories Do You Prefer To Others And Your Evidence? by johnydon22(m): 10:37pm On Jun 11, 2015
I enjoy this type of stories well wellgrin
malvisguy212:

I saw demon claimed to be the christ, (this happened when I was a sinner) immediately I rebuke him, after that he transformed into his real self.
Ok bro tell us what the real self of a demon looks like then...since you saw one..wink

I tell you the truth my good friend, the first time I had encounter with Jesus christ, I knew it was Him, He called my name and say He love me. I am telling you the truth, I have no proof to give you, but I know what I saw. If you believe me Good and if you did not believe me, I will still say Good. It a choice. Peace
ok we believe you smiley

oya good, now tell us what the Jesus you saw looks like, black or white, long hairs or short?
when he told you he loved you, was it with a silky feminine voice or baritone voice?

(Or you read it from a book)

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which One Of The Messiah Stories Do You Prefer To Others And Your Evidence? by menesheh(m): 10:51pm On Jun 11, 2015
malvisguy212:

We are in a globalized world and my view about the universe is a bit wilder and the jinx about about the superiority of every culture and religious believes is broken by resent technological advancement connecting regions, culture, believes etc together which makes it possible for a person in Pakistan to become a Christian or even a hindu after studying the claims of each.

I was raised up a jew in Nigeria and find the stories of virgin birth, trinity and those sorts of Christian stuffs vulgar and difficult to integrate into.

malvisguy212:
never advice his follower to follow him blindly, He want usI am telling you the truth, I have no proof to give you, but I know what I saw.

This is where my problems lied, actually i know about the existence of other religious believes each claiming superiority with honesty and certainty. Just believing in one without enough evidence as u pointed out is to me irrational. Is like telling me some weird and legendary stories and expect me to believe it.

ZoranderGraeme:
I am a bit confused, what exactly do you want?

Seemed to me like i made myself clear.

1 Like

Re: Which One Of The Messiah Stories Do You Prefer To Others And Your Evidence? by menesheh(m): 10:55pm On Jun 11, 2015
johnydon22:

Ok bro tell us what the real self of a demon looks like then...since you saw one..wink

ok we believe you smiley

oya good, now tell us what the Jesus you saw looks like, black or white, long hairs or short?
when he told you he loved you, was it with a silky feminine voice or baritone voice?

Bruh, seems to me like your attention is not needed here grin

Because

I just want to get this atheism stuff off me grin

2 Likes

Re: Which One Of The Messiah Stories Do You Prefer To Others And Your Evidence? by malvisguy212: 11:03pm On Jun 11, 2015
johnydon22:

ok we believe you smiley

answer yes or no. Which among them do you want to see? Satan or Jesus?
Re: Which One Of The Messiah Stories Do You Prefer To Others And Your Evidence? by malvisguy212: 11:17pm On Jun 11, 2015
menesheh:

We are in a globalized world and my view about the universe is a bit wilder and the jinx about about the superiority of every culture and religious believes is broken by resent technological advancement connecting regions, culture, believes etc together which makes it possible for a person in Pakistan to become a Christian or even a hindu after studying the claims of each.

I was raised up a jew in Nigeria and find the stories of virgin birth, trinity and those sorts of Christian stuffs vulgar and difficult to integrate into.

This is where my problems lied, actually i know about the existence of other religious believes each claiming superiority with honesty and certainty. Just believing in one without enough evidence as u pointed out is to me irrational. Is like telling to some weird and legendary stories and expect me believing in it.

Seemed to me like i made myself clear.
bible say many are called but few are chosen, if you closely observ the teaching of Jesus, when ever Jesus preach, he always advice them not to received him with blind faith.

The Christian life is more than a life of
blind trust. It is a life of rational
examination that challenges each of us
to evaluate the evidence, form a
conclusion and then share that
conclusion with the world around us.
Let’s examine the Biblical model of
evidential faith:
CHRISTIANS ARE CALLED TO USE THEIR
MIND>>>>"You shall love the Lord your
God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind. This is the great and foremost
commandment." ( Matthew 22:37-38)

When we examine our world and the
evidence for the existence of God, we are worshipping God with our mind.it's either we love God with our mind or reject him, it's a choice.

Read this thread https://www.nairaland.com/2148108/christian-faith-based-upon-evidence
Re: Which One Of The Messiah Stories Do You Prefer To Others And Your Evidence? by menesheh(m): 11:22pm On Jun 11, 2015
malvisguy212:

I will like to see both of them to be sure of the whole claims.

Is that possible for me to see it?
Re: Which One Of The Messiah Stories Do You Prefer To Others And Your Evidence? by Nobody: 11:37pm On Jun 11, 2015
malvisguy212:

Me me me me! I want to see all of them. Satan, god, Jesus, then others. Can you arrange our meeting? I have some pertinent questions to ask each of them. I would be so grateful! Should I send you my phone number?
Re: Which One Of The Messiah Stories Do You Prefer To Others And Your Evidence? by malvisguy212: 11:42pm On Jun 11, 2015
menesheh:

I will like to see both of them to be sure of the whole claims.

Is that possible for me to see it?
theAtheist101:

Me me me me! I want to see all of them. Satan, god, Jesus, then others. Can you arrange our meeting? I have some pertinent questions to ask each of them. I would be so grateful! Should I send you my phone number?
[/quote]Do you guys have enough faith you will encounter them?
Re: Which One Of The Messiah Stories Do You Prefer To Others And Your Evidence? by menesheh(m): 11:44pm On Jun 11, 2015
malvisguy212:
Do you guys have enough faith you will encounter them?

grin

How is the faith like and where will i get it?
Re: Which One Of The Messiah Stories Do You Prefer To Others And Your Evidence? by Nobody: 11:53pm On Jun 11, 2015
malvisguy212:

Then don't worry. I thought you were arranging the meeting.
Re: Which One Of The Messiah Stories Do You Prefer To Others And Your Evidence? by malvisguy212: 12:03am On Jun 12, 2015
theAtheist101:

Then don't worry. I thought you were arranging the meeting.
Romans 10:10-13
10 For it is with your HEART that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your FAITH and are saved. 11 As Scripture says, “Anyone who believes
in him will never be put to shame.”[ e] 12
For there is no difference between Jew
and Gentile—the same Lord is Lord of all
and richly blesses all who call on him, 13
for, “Everyone who calls on the name of
the Lord will be saved.”

You see verse 10 talk about faith and heart and pay close attention to the next verse:
Verse14-15
14 How, then, can they call on the one
they have not believed in? And how can
they believe in the one of whom they
have not heard? And how can they hear
without someone preaching to them? 15
And how can anyone preach unless they
are sent? As it is written: “How beautiful
are the feet of those who bring good
news!”[ g]

So I ask, how can you called on Jesus who you did not believe or have faith in him?
Re: Which One Of The Messiah Stories Do You Prefer To Others And Your Evidence? by Nobody: 12:13am On Jun 12, 2015
malvisguy212:
Romans 10:10-13
10 For it is with your HEART that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your FAITH and are saved. 11 As Scripture says, “Anyone who believes
the Lord will be saved.”

You see verse 10 talk about faith and heart and pay close attention to the next verse:
Verse14-15
news!”[ g]

So I ask, how can you called on Jesus who you did not believe or have faith in him?

To be frank, I don't read those quotations from the Bible. So, stop wasting your time pasting them.

Call him? You are correct he might choose not to reveal himself to me, since I care less for him -- he is very dead. So that is why I implore you to be our middleman. I would like to throw some personal questions to him. Thank you in advance.
Re: Which One Of The Messiah Stories Do You Prefer To Others And Your Evidence? by Nobody: 8:13am On Jun 12, 2015
malvisguy212:

how did you know the second Jesus you saw wasn't another demon.
Re: Which One Of The Messiah Stories Do You Prefer To Others And Your Evidence? by johnydon22(m): 9:07pm On Jun 12, 2015
malvisguy212:
both...... So just tell me what they look like since you have see them smiley
Re: Which One Of The Messiah Stories Do You Prefer To Others And Your Evidence? by malvisguy212: 9:18pm On Jun 12, 2015
johnydon22:

malvisguy212:
johnydon22:

Re: Which One Of The Messiah Stories Do You Prefer To Others And Your Evidence? by johnydon22(m): 9:25pm On Jun 12, 2015
malvisguy212:

I don't need faith to encounter my parents and neither do you because it is a certain reality.

I think arranging for me to see something doesn't demand faith, like do i need faith for you to show me a phone?

and my question is not even about me seeing any mythical being, my question still remains.

[size=20]Tell me what they look like since you have obviously seen them[/size]
Re: Which One Of The Messiah Stories Do You Prefer To Others And Your Evidence? by malvisguy212: 9:29pm On Jun 12, 2015
johnydon22:

I don't need faith to encounter my parents and neither do you because it is a certain reality.

I think arranging for me to see something doesn't demand faith, like do i need faith for you to show me a phone?

and my question is not even about me seeing any mythical being, my question still remains.

[size=20]Tell me what they look like since you have obviously seen them[/size]
[quote author=malvisguy212 post=34679870]Romans 10:10-13
the Lord will be saved.”
Verse14-15
news!”[ g]

(1) (Reply)

My Embarrassing Encounter With A Pastor At The Alter In My Colleague's Church / ... Was Walked Out Of A Training For Refusing To Dance To A Secular Song / How Our Pastor Was Embarrassed Today In Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.