Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,243 members, 7,815,335 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:00 AM

Solar Power N480k; Power 3bedroom; Iron, 2 Tvs, Deep Freezer. ETC - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Solar Power N480k; Power 3bedroom; Iron, 2 Tvs, Deep Freezer. ETC (16235 Views)

Brand New Fridge And Deep Freezer For Sale In Lagos / Scanfrost Deep Freezer For Sale (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Solar Power N480k; Power 3bedroom; Iron, 2 Tvs, Deep Freezer. ETC by geesampower(m): 12:58pm On Jun 12, 2015
IT IS DREALGEESAM AGAIN!!!

Here to make your life more comfortable.
Read my FREE online consultancy here

www.nairaland.com/1953773/solar-power-boreholes-jobs-full
Where I answer EVERY question you have regarding solar power and boreholes.

Now back to the matter.
starting With N480,000 you can now power a 3bedroom flat bungalow or even more.

What can it power?
*Your pressing iron
*your deep freezer
*2 tv sets
*all your phone charging
*10-15 light points
*washing machine
Etc
Get free electricity from the sun everyday
(Note this basic option is only for those who need the system from evening till morning not day time use)

SOLAR POWER
Those who know the cost of solar energy know this is a great offer. This offer is temporary for promotional purpose. So hurry

Bbm 20C43212
[/b]
Offer still on
Re: Solar Power N480k; Power 3bedroom; Iron, 2 Tvs, Deep Freezer. ETC by rottennaija(m): 1:21pm On Jun 12, 2015
How is the inverter capacity, how many batteries are u using, how many solar panels and how many hours can it last at full load
Re: Solar Power N480k; Power 3bedroom; Iron, 2 Tvs, Deep Freezer. ETC by peaceland(m): 2:39pm On Jun 12, 2015
Thanks for this offer,
I am sure most people will see its getting affordable
however, you mean one can use pressing iron on inverter/solar panel?!!!
wont that harm the battery
Also for how long; realistically can one use deep freezer on inverter.
Always thought it is only for low draining power appliances
thanks sir
Re: Solar Power N480k; Power 3bedroom; Iron, 2 Tvs, Deep Freezer. ETC by geesampower(m): 2:44pm On Jun 12, 2015
peaceland:
Thanks for this offer,
I am sure most people will see its getting affordable
however, you mean one can use pressing iron on inverter/solar panel?!!!
wont that harm the battery
Also for how long; realistically can one use deep freezer on inverter.
Always thought it is only for low draining power appliances
thanks sir
That is a small thing sir. If u want a system that would power 1000 pressing irons, it is possible.

Hope I will hear from you soon sir wink.
Re: Solar Power N480k; Power 3bedroom; Iron, 2 Tvs, Deep Freezer. ETC by geesampower(m): 2:45pm On Jun 12, 2015
rottennaija:
How is the inverter capacity, how many batteries are u using, how many solar panels and how many hours can it last at full load
In brief.
3kva. 4 batteries 8 panels
12hrs avrg use depending on the load used
Re: Solar Power N480k; Power 3bedroom; Iron, 2 Tvs, Deep Freezer. ETC by peaceland(m): 2:47pm On Jun 12, 2015
geesampower:

That is a small thing sir. If u want a system that would power 1000 pressing irons, it is possible.

definitely sir, God keep us alive and well
Re: Solar Power N480k; Power 3bedroom; Iron, 2 Tvs, Deep Freezer. ETC by lordmayor4(m): 7:13pm On Jun 12, 2015
geesampower:

available for sale : 4 PCs of deep cycle battery 12v 150w ....
Re: Solar Power N480k; Power 3bedroom; Iron, 2 Tvs, Deep Freezer. ETC by geesampower(m): 11:23pm On Jun 12, 2015
lordmayor4:

available for sale : 4 PCs of deep cycle battery 12v 150w ....
U will pay for advert o. Lol
Re: Solar Power N480k; Power 3bedroom; Iron, 2 Tvs, Deep Freezer. ETC by lordmayor4(m): 11:29pm On Jun 12, 2015
geesampower:
U will pay for advert o. Lol
no wahala once sold before Monday
Re: Solar Power N480k; Power 3bedroom; Iron, 2 Tvs, Deep Freezer. ETC by 19naia(m): 2:54am On Jun 13, 2015
This solar guy's price is good especially if that includes installation... I hope it includes charge controllers and supplimental small battery charger that allows to use PHCN and Generator to charge batteries for days when sun is not shining much.. With all of that and no more than 500k naira, its a good price..

Its true, battery inverter alone will not be saving money because gas for generator and PHCN bill will stay the same or increase, but there will be some backup power to claim for the cost... Most people dont have expensive throttle control generators that auto-reduce the throttle when useage is below the generators watt capacity.. That means most people always have a surplus of electricity just wasting when they run the generator.. Storing that surplus on a battery-inverter system is not a watse of energy ,but a capture and savings of energy... The same cannot be said about PHCN.. PHCN is all around a waste of money right to the point of billing for a non existent product called electricity..

Solar panels and generator with charge controller, inverter and battery combination as well as a battery charger to capture genrator and PHCN to make 12v dc current to charge batteries when the sun is not shining well for a few days..
All these together are enough to hold over a complete power supply.. Wind generator/turbine is another great supplimental to add as they produce more current when active than a solar panel... With wind added as supplimental ,it will save generator cost.. Days when it rains all day with sun clouded out with dark clouds, you will have the wind blowing... Wind generator will be there to supplement very well...
I have a Honda EU generator, very quiet and with eco throttle.. The eco throttle is an automatic throttle which reduces petrol consumption based on the electric load being drawn.. But it cannot reduce the throttle to adjust to less than 25% of capacity even if you only use 10% capacity... But it is still good and saves money ,because cheaper basic generators burn petrol at full throttle at all times under any load below capacity...
Honda eu generators sell for $2600 for 3kW peak and $1200 for 2kW peak.. The 3kv peak one can take up to 20 hours to burn 3.4 gallons of petrol for constant supply at 400watts which is enough for 2 tV's and 10 efficient lights... It will be plenty to charge batteries as well.

The high price is only a starting point issue.. People who buy the cheap generators will replace them or repair them far more often than these honda generators.. By the time i spend $2700 over 5 years of replacing and maintaining cheap generators, the Honda eu generator will still be running fine & ready for another 5 years after some major service for the price of one new cheap generator... And thats after the generator was working 8 hours a day for 5 years and being maintained well..
Solar is not cheap either.. It works best for those who invest a large starter cost that makes a $2700 generator seem like a small accessory.. Full home service power plant balanced with wind, solar and battery charger to plug into alternative fuel generator ,will be a complete self contained system that can call PHCN to come collect their rubbish meter,wires and poles... 1million Naira should be enough unless you live in a palace or use industrial grade machines.

The guy's price is good.. I lived with solar and genrator for ten years and did my own installation and maintainance.. I have learned first hand and am also putting together another small solar kit as we speak.. I have ordered the accessories and will get the solar panels and batteries later locally when i am ready to instal.. My inverter, charge controller and accessories will all fit inside a small back pack and carry go anywhere there are batteries and solar panels..
See the picture below of what i have right now waiting to do a set up of a 1kw peak output system... The inverter is not in the picture, i have that being shipped direct to the site and i will carry these components here with me in my back pack with room to spare for some personal things.

Remember, peak output is what a system is rated for.. If you want to actually sustain 3kv, then buy a 4 or 5 kvwSystem.. 3 kw system is good for 2.5kw.. My 1 kw system is only good to sustain .8kw load... Advertised rating is only for peak use which can only be sustained for short periods of time.. Some will advertise extreme peaks almost double the basic rating.. But if they dont advertise a separate peak rating, then use it only to 75% or less of the Watt rating.. It makes a difference in how long the inverter will last.. Heavy duty expensive inverters usually last many years, but the cheaper smaller ones dont last more than a year under daily use under 75% load for most of the day.. Some cheap ones wont even last a few months without a separate load controller to sheild them from the battery bank's high amperage capacity... The charge comtroller i have here, controls load, charge and input.. They have 360 watt or 30amp rating for DC load...

Remember that not all solar panels are equally powerfull...
If OP's solar panels are anything less than 80watts or 100 watts, then maybe it is not a good price and will not power as much as he claims.
Some solar panels are huge and put out over 200 watts while others are small and put out 50 watts or less.. Count the watts on everything being given to you and also account for amps... The batteries should be rated in amps... 150 watt battery has no power for the claims above.. If it is 150 amps to the battery, then we have power.. 200 amps battery at 12 volts will be 200x12= 2400watts... 2400 watts of 12 volt DC must then covert to 24 volts and then or directly to 220 volts.. By the time the inverter changes 12volt dc to 220 volts ac, the watts available per hour, will be divided by 20 and then adjusted for the gaps in current alternatiings .. 120 ac watts per hour maximum per 12 volt battery.. If they are four, then 4 hours at that rate...

Some batteries are 100amp and others 220amps... Some are 6 volt batteries while others are 12 volt... 6 volt is easier to charge with smaller charges.. 12 volt will take longer to charge with small loads, unless it is a lower amp battery like 100amp or less 12volt battery.. Also no battery is designed to give out its full amp load.. So even after all these calculations and rated amps, the actual load available to draw, will be less and over less hours... The good thing is that solar panels will add to the batteries output as we draw load from the batteries.. But this is only during the day when there is sun.. So day time use will be far more yeilding than night time use... This is why the best systems are balanced with wind and supplemental battery chargers...
DC watts and DC amps are not equal to AC watts and AC amps... There is a lot changed in the inversion and conversions done by inverters and converters..Also power is lost from heat and noise in the components such as inverter and charge controllers...

You can pay a lot of money for very little electricity with solar, and even be misled if you dont understand the workings and conversions of voltage, watts and amps... Also to know the safe operating parameters of each of the system's components...

6 Likes

Re: Solar Power N480k; Power 3bedroom; Iron, 2 Tvs, Deep Freezer. ETC by geesampower(m): 7:05am On Jun 13, 2015
Thnx 19naia good analysis there.
But do u know that an average battery charger consumes about 1200wh or more to charge a single 200ah battery? This will result in an increase in back-emf (u can look it up) and therefore increase ur fuel consumption as the generator attempts to create more torque. But you are absolutely riight, many generators are actually generating more than is being used so win-win for many with a generator back up.

Your comment was much appreciated.
Thnx once again

1 Like

Re: Solar Power N480k; Power 3bedroom; Iron, 2 Tvs, Deep Freezer. ETC by geesampower(m): 7:49am On Jun 13, 2015
It's Drealgeesam Let's hook you up with the nature's free energy
Re: Solar Power N480k; Power 3bedroom; Iron, 2 Tvs, Deep Freezer. ETC by geesampower(m): 1:07pm On Jun 13, 2015
On
Re: Solar Power N480k; Power 3bedroom; Iron, 2 Tvs, Deep Freezer. ETC by geesampower(m): 5:16pm On Jun 13, 2015
geesampower:

Now back to the matter.

What can it power?
*Your pressing iron
*your deep freezer
*2 tv sets
*all your phone charging
*10-15 light points
*washing machine
Etc
(Note this basic option is only for those who need the system from evening till morning not day time use)

SOLAR POWER
Those who know the cost of solar energy know this is a great offer. This offer is temporary for promotional purpose. So

Bbm 20C43212
[/b]
Offer still on

Yes solar power is expensive, but there is something for almost every budget. Power your home with solar.
Re: Solar Power N480k; Power 3bedroom; Iron, 2 Tvs, Deep Freezer. ETC by heydora: 8:31am On Jun 18, 2015
pls can you send your bronchure to me heywaiho@gmail.com.thanks
Re: Solar Power N480k; Power 3bedroom; Iron, 2 Tvs, Deep Freezer. ETC by targus: 5:03pm On Sep 18, 2015
Hi,

Can you please give me a specs of what i will need to achieve up to 20 hours daily use of electricity using the following appliance

1) 1, Chest Freezer.
2) 1,Double doors American Fridge Freezer
3) 2,OX standing Fan.
4) 1, 50" LCD tv
5) 1, 1.5 Pumping Machine ( everything else can be switched off when using this)
6) 10 Energy saving bulbs. (Only at Nights)
7) 1 Dstv
cool 1 Laptop

These are my requirements and ideally, i will like to not use generator for at least a whole day if there is power outage for multiple days.

please send this to

alex.adeyemi@targusgrp.com

Regards

Alex
Re: Solar Power N480k; Power 3bedroom; Iron, 2 Tvs, Deep Freezer. ETC by samplegirl(f): 3:19pm On Oct 10, 2015
geesampower:

In brief.
3kva. 4 batteries 8 panels
12hrs avrg use depending on the load used

I have one 200ah battery. I have been charging it with nepa but now I want to add solar panels, plz how many panels and what capacity do I need.

Thank you.
Re: Solar Power N480k; Power 3bedroom; Iron, 2 Tvs, Deep Freezer. ETC by geesampower(m): 7:56pm On Oct 10, 2015
samplegirl:

I have one 200ah battery. I have been charging it with nepa but now I want to add solar panels, plz how many panels and what capacity do I need.

Thank you.
The number of panels depends on how quick you want it to charge.
Use 2 140watts panel and you will have your battery 100% full within 4 to 6 hrs depending on the weather guaranteed. That is for charging alone.
A 30A pwm is ok. I am asking u to use pwm cos it is just 1 battery, u don't need to buy an expensive MPPT charge controller to charge a 200ah battery
Re: Solar Power N480k; Power 3bedroom; Iron, 2 Tvs, Deep Freezer. ETC by samplegirl(f): 7:52am On Oct 11, 2015
geesampower:

The number of panels depends on how quick you want it to charge.
Use 2 140watts panel and you will have your battery 100% full within 4 to 6 hrs depending on the weather guaranteed. That is for charging alone.
A 30A pwm is ok. I am asking u to use pwm cos it is just 1 battery, u don't need to buy an expensive MPPT charge controller to charge a 200ah battery

I want to thank you for taking your time to reply and to tell you I really appreciate.

Plz to save us time what is the cost of the materials I need to achieve that. Your quotation should include installation fee too. If you don't want to share it here you can send it to samplegirl4u@gmail.com. Thank you.
Re: Solar Power N480k; Power 3bedroom; Iron, 2 Tvs, Deep Freezer. ETC by Toppiano(m): 1:23pm On Nov 30, 2016
Please I need an estimate of inverter/solar combination that will power the following:

1 TV set
1 Home theater
1 Ox Fan
1 Washing Machine/Iron (For a combined 3 hours weekly)
1 Fridge
6 Energy Saving Bulb
1 Laptop (Charging only)
5 Mobile phones (Charging only)
Re: Solar Power N480k; Power 3bedroom; Iron, 2 Tvs, Deep Freezer. ETC by obongitiad(m): 4:56pm On Apr 20, 2017
geesampower:

Now back to the matter.

What can it power?
*Your pressing iron
*your deep freezer
*2 tv sets
*all your phone charging
*10-15 light points
*washing machine
Etc

SOLAR POWER
Those who know the cost of solar energy know this is a great offer. This offer is temporary for promotional purpose. So hurry while offer lasts

contact olagokemuyiwa@yahoo.com
Wattsapp 08064837161

Bbm 20C43212

Offer still on

Good day, pls how much will a complete 5kva solar system cost? That is solar panel plus battery, inverter system cost in today's current price?

Thank you
Re: Solar Power N480k; Power 3bedroom; Iron, 2 Tvs, Deep Freezer. ETC by geesampower(m): 10:02am On Jan 18, 2022
Here
Re: Solar Power N480k; Power 3bedroom; Iron, 2 Tvs, Deep Freezer. ETC by geesampower(m): 6:29pm On Jan 18, 2022
19naia:
This solar guy's price is good especially if that includes installation... I hope it includes charge controllers and supplimental small battery charger that allows to use PHCN and Generator to charge batteries for days when sun is not shining much.. With all of that and no more than 500k naira, its a good price..

Its true, battery inverter alone will not be saving money because gas for generator and PHCN bill will stay the same or increase, but there will be some backup power to claim for the cost... Most people dont have expensive throttle control generators that auto-reduce the throttle when useage is below the generators watt capacity.. That means most people always have a surplus of electricity just wasting when they run the generator.. Storing that surplus on a battery-inverter system is not a watse of energy ,but a capture and savings of energy... The same cannot be said about PHCN.. PHCN is all around a waste of money right to the point of billing for a non existent product called electricity..

Solar panels and generator with charge controller, inverter and battery combination as well as a battery charger to capture genrator and PHCN to make 12v dc current to charge batteries when the sun is not shining well for a few days..
All these together are enough to hold over a complete power supply.. Wind generator/turbine is another great supplimental to add as they produce more current when active than a solar panel... With wind added as supplimental ,it will save generator cost.. Days when it rains all day with sun clouded out with dark clouds, you will have the wind blowing... Wind generator will be there to supplement very well...
I have a Honda EU generator, very quiet and with eco throttle.. The eco throttle is an automatic throttle which reduces petrol consumption based on the electric load being drawn.. But it cannot reduce the throttle to adjust to less than 25% of capacity even if you only use 10% capacity... But it is still good and saves money ,because cheaper basic generators burn petrol at full throttle at all times under any load below capacity...
Honda eu generators sell for $2600 for 3kW peak and $1200 for 2kW peak.. The 3kv peak one can take up to 20 hours to burn 3.4 gallons of petrol for constant supply at 400watts which is enough for 2 tV's and 10 efficient lights... It will be plenty to charge batteries as well.

The high price is only a starting point issue.. People who buy the cheap generators will replace them or repair them far more often than these honda generators.. By the time i spend $2700 over 5 years of replacing and maintaining cheap generators, the Honda eu generator will still be running fine & ready for another 5 years after some major service for the price of one new cheap generator... And thats after the generator was working 8 hours a day for 5 years and being maintained well..
Solar is not cheap either.. It works best for those who invest a large starter cost that makes a $2700 generator seem like a small accessory.. Full home service power plant balanced with wind, solar and battery charger to plug into alternative fuel generator ,will be a complete self contained system that can call PHCN to come collect their rubbish meter,wires and poles... 1million Naira should be enough unless you live in a palace or use industrial grade machines.

The guy's price is good.. I lived with solar and genrator for ten years and did my own installation and maintainance.. I have learned first hand and am also putting together another small solar kit as we speak.. I have ordered the accessories and will get the solar panels and batteries later locally when i am ready to instal.. My inverter, charge controller and accessories will all fit inside a small back pack and carry go anywhere there are batteries and solar panels..
See the picture below of what i have right now waiting to do a set up of a 1kw peak output system... The inverter is not in the picture, i have that being shipped direct to the site and i will carry these components here with me in my back pack with room to spare for some personal things.

Remember, peak output is what a system is rated for.. If you want to actually sustain 3kv, then buy a 4 or 5 kvwSystem.. 3 kw system is good for 2.5kw.. My 1 kw system is only good to sustain .8kw load... Advertised rating is only for peak use which can only be sustained for short periods of time.. Some will advertise extreme peaks almost double the basic rating.. But if they dont advertise a separate peak rating, then use it only to 75% or less of the Watt rating.. It makes a difference in how long the inverter will last.. Heavy duty expensive inverters usually last many years, but the cheaper smaller ones dont last more than a year under daily use under 75% load for most of the day.. Some cheap ones wont even last a few months without a separate load controller to sheild them from the battery bank's high amperage capacity... The charge comtroller i have here, controls load, charge and input.. They have 360 watt or 30amp rating for DC load...

Remember that not all solar panels are equally powerfull...
If OP's solar panels are anything less than 80watts or 100 watts, then maybe it is not a good price and will not power as much as he claims.
Some solar panels are huge and put out over 200 watts while others are small and put out 50 watts or less.. Count the watts on everything being given to you and also account for amps... The batteries should be rated in amps... 150 watt battery has no power for the claims above.. If it is 150 amps to the battery, then we have power.. 200 amps battery at 12 volts will be 200x12= 2400watts... 2400 watts of 12 volt DC must then covert to 24 volts and then or directly to 220 volts.. By the time the inverter changes 12volt dc to 220 volts ac, the watts available per hour, will be divided by 20 and then adjusted for the gaps in current alternatiings .. 120 ac watts per hour maximum per 12 volt battery.. If they are four, then 4 hours at that rate...

Some batteries are 100amp and others 220amps... Some are 6 volt batteries while others are 12 volt... 6 volt is easier to charge with smaller charges.. 12 volt will take longer to charge with small loads, unless it is a lower amp battery like 100amp or less 12volt battery.. Also no battery is designed to give out its full amp load.. So even after all these calculations and rated amps, the actual load available to draw, will be less and over less hours... The good thing is that solar panels will add to the batteries output as we draw load from the batteries.. But this is only during the day when there is sun.. So day time use will be far more yeilding than night time use... This is why the best systems are balanced with wind and supplemental battery chargers...
DC watts and DC amps are not equal to AC watts and AC amps... There is a lot changed in the inversion and conversions done by inverters and converters..Also power is lost from heat and noise in the components such as inverter and charge controllers...

You can pay a lot of money for very little electricity with solar, and even be misled if you dont understand the workings and conversions of voltage, watts and amps... Also to know the safe operating parameters of each of the system's components...
things are a bit more expensive now.
Re: Solar Power N480k; Power 3bedroom; Iron, 2 Tvs, Deep Freezer. ETC by geesampower(m): 10:11pm On Jan 20, 2022
Sol
Re: Solar Power N480k; Power 3bedroom; Iron, 2 Tvs, Deep Freezer. ETC by geesampower(m): 10:09pm On Jan 30, 2022

(1) (Reply)

Fire Outbreak At DMGS Area, Onitsha (Photos) / We Are Building Another Duplex In Owerri. / Do You Need an Architect for your building designs, Renovations, Interiors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.