Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,032 members, 7,818,047 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:57 AM

Exclusive: Blackberry Planing To Dump Its OS For Android - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Exclusive: Blackberry Planing To Dump Its OS For Android (1228 Views)

2.6Million Internet Subscribers Dump MTN / Guess Who Just Released Latest Android OS For Their Phones? / Exclusive: Blackberry May Put Android OS On New Device (copied) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Exclusive: Blackberry Planing To Dump Its OS For Android by vowiski(m): 3:14pm On Jun 12, 2015
BlackBerry is reportedly considering dumping its 0S 10 for Android on the slider smartphone which was unveiled at the MVC2015 in Barcelona.

The information first emerged on Reuters which reads;

BlackBerry (BB.TO) is considering equipping an upcoming smartphone with Google Inc.’s (GOOGL.O) Android software for the first time, an acknowledgement that its revamped line of devices has failed to win mass appeal, according to four sources familiar with the matter.

The sources, who asked not to be named as they have not been authorized to discuss the matter publicly, said the move to use Android is part of BlackBerry’s strategy to pivot to focus on software and device management. BlackBerry, which once dominated smartphone sales, now has a market share of less than 1 percent.
A separate source believe the move would be restricted to just the slider phone, while another source thinks BlackBerry intend proving a point that it can secure and manage mobile devices using rival operating systems with its n..
http://www.techrez.com/blackberry-move-to-android/
Re: Exclusive: Blackberry Planing To Dump Its OS For Android by joystickextendr: 3:19pm On Jun 12, 2015
oh no embarassed
Re: Exclusive: Blackberry Planing To Dump Its OS For Android by khalhokage(m): 3:20pm On Jun 12, 2015
Where did you get this your news ooo! nawa. Credible source
Re: Exclusive: Blackberry Planing To Dump Its OS For Android by vowiski(m): 3:24pm On Jun 12, 2015
khalhokage:
Where did you get this your news ooo! nawa. Credible source

Your type are all over Nairaland. People who can't read be looking for credible source. If you read, you won't ask such a derogatory question. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Exclusive: Blackberry Planing To Dump Its OS For Android by samsard(m): 3:28pm On Jun 12, 2015
Maybe they should load bb os10 and android on the phone (separately tho).
Re: Exclusive: Blackberry Planing To Dump Its OS For Android by ammyluv2002(f): 3:30pm On Jun 12, 2015
Still wont go back to Blackberry if they like make they use ios join am grin cheesy
Re: Exclusive: Blackberry Planing To Dump Its OS For Android by khalhokage(m): 3:38pm On Jun 12, 2015
vowiski:

Your type are all over Nairaland. People who can't read be looking for credible source. If you read, you won't ask such a derogatory question. undecided

The source i'm speaking of is a well known, trusted website or blog carrying this rumor not your little blog, everybody knows that if this is real then you got it from some other website, and the least you can do is to credit this information to the original author.
And you even tagged it "Exclusive" making it even less reliable.

5 Likes

Re: Exclusive: Blackberry Planing To Dump Its OS For Android by wewe1(m): 3:43pm On Jun 12, 2015
Everything is Possible, once upon a time blackberry was only fruit but now.......... You know the story.
Re: Exclusive: Blackberry Planing To Dump Its OS For Android by vowiski(m): 3:51pm On Jun 12, 2015
khalhokage:

The source i'm speaking of is a well known, trusted website or blog carrying this rumor not your little blog, everybody knows that if this is real then you got it from some other website, and the least you can do is to credit this information to the original author.
And you even tagged it "Exclusive" making it even less reliable.

Normally, I don't reply people like you who seek abnormal relevance.

But I will try to educate you even when I don't have that time, so next time you don't embarrass yourself thinking you are making a point.

On the second line of the article.. Reuters is clearly cited. Which of course is the originating source.

At the tail end of the article, Reuters is adequately credited.

If you want me to put the Reuters link here, then you must be living in a paradise that doesn't exist!

This is my last and final reply to you. undecided

1 Like

Re: Exclusive: Blackberry Planing To Dump Its OS For Android by khalhokage(m): 3:55pm On Jun 12, 2015
vowiski:

Normally, I don't reply people like you who seek abnormal relevance.

But I will try to educate you even when I don't have that time, so next time you don't embarrass yourself thinking you are making a point.

On the second line of the article.. Reuters is clearly cited. Which of course is the originating source.

At the tail end of the article, Reuters is adequately credited.

If you want me to put the Reuters link here, then you must be living in a paradise that doesn't exist!

This is my last and final reply to you. undecided

Oh! I get it, it's clickbait, Mr normal relevance this is the wrong way to beg for traffic.

Oh and also if you got the news from Reuters then it obviously isn't exclusive, please eat a dictionary.

1 Like

Re: Exclusive: Blackberry Planing To Dump Its OS For Android by samsard(m): 9:59pm On Jun 12, 2015
ammyluv2002:
Still wont go back to Blackberry if they like make they use ios join am grin cheesy
Re: Exclusive: Blackberry Planing To Dump Its OS For Android by SirLewis(m): 11:08pm On Jun 12, 2015
The problem with blackberry isn't the OS, it's the exorbitant price they sell their phones. I'm pretty sure even with the Android OS the phone will cost above 60k. They're treading the same path of extinction Nokia did.
Re: Exclusive: Blackberry Planing To Dump Its OS For Android by civilserva: 6:50am On Jun 13, 2015
Op adjust the topic.
The truth is : Blackberry never said they are dumping their OS for Android as clarified by Blackberry executive. He said Blackberry is still committed to BB10 OS.

It was rumored Blackberry is going to equipped their upcoming slider phone with Android. Even if that is done, they aren't going to dump their OS.

Samsung running Windows Phone OS or Tizen doesn't mean they are abandoning Android.
Re: Exclusive: Blackberry Planing To Dump Its OS For Android by Panshow(m): 8:14am On Jun 13, 2015
Good for them. The earlier the better.
Re: Exclusive: Blackberry Planing To Dump Its OS For Android by vowiski(m): 11:46am On Jun 13, 2015
civilserva:
Op adjust the topic.
The truth is : Blackberry never said they are dumping their OS for Android as clarified by Blackberry executive. He said Blackberry is still committed to BB10 OS.

It was rumored Blackberry is going to equipped their upcoming slider phone with Android. Even if that is done, they aren't going to dump their OS.

Samsung running Windows Phone OS or Tizen doesn't mean they are abandoning Android.

Your two examples doesn't add up. Samsung and BlackBerry do have the same business policy. Samsung never started with a first party OS, that makes all the difference.

I should change the title because English has suddenly become difficult. undecided

The word *planing on the title means a whole lot. We won't be talking about this anymore.

(1) (Reply)

Wiko Fizz Smartphone Hands On Review / We've Ported TWRP To Infinix X552 Zero 3 / Monkey Test System Virus On My Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.