Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,578 members, 7,812,880 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:12 PM

Guess Who Just Released Latest Android OS For Their Phones? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Guess Who Just Released Latest Android OS For Their Phones? (1643 Views)

Samsung Note 7: Nigerians Refuse To Return Their Phones - Samsung / don't trust people that locks their phones / What Intelligent People Do With Their Phones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Guess Who Just Released Latest Android OS For Their Phones? by Oladipupo22: 9:25pm On Dec 10, 2015
Android have announced the marshmallow version of its OS and we all are happy! Marshmallow is Android 6.0-6.0.1 for those who don't know the code name cheesy

This Marshmallow version is definitely one every device would wish to upgrade to. It is an improvement on the Lollipop version with its own unique features. Unfortunately, not all devices permit upgrades to different android versions. Some of the cool features that the Marshmallow has are:

RAM Manager – Android has had limited support for removable storage in one form or another since the beginning. With Marshmallow, the new Adoptable storage feature lets you turn your removable SD card option into a more or less permanent (and no longer removable) part of the device

Improved cut, copy, and paste – With Android Lollipop and earlier, this process used symbols to represent these actions, which could be confusing. In Marshmallow, those symbols are replaced with words and the whole module has been moved from the top of the screen to right above the text you have selected.

App Backup and Restore – Isn’t it frustrating to upgrade to a new phone, only to find that your apps aren’t the same as you left them? With Marshmallow, your smartphone, when connected to Wi-Fi, will backup app data directly to Google Drive. Then you can easily restore that data when you move to a new phone or if you need to wipe your device for any reason.

More control over app permissions – All apps require certain permissions and currently you have to say yes or no to all of them. With Marshmallow, you can pick and choose which permissions you want to allow and which permissions you want to block. Some apps may not work properly in the short term since they need to be updated in order to accommodate this new feature. But, eventually, you will get better privacy and security as well as a better understanding of what you’re sharing with third parties.

Longer battery life – Are you tired of waking up to a drained battery? Android’s new doze mode will prevent apps from running in the background when your phone is idle. This means your phone will be as ready as you are to start the day.

Already, Tecno have announced they will allow their users of the Tecno Camon 8 upgrade their Android OS version via the OTA.

So which others would follow suit?

Tecno's announcement is http://www.socialprefect.net/new-android-marshmallow-set-to-be-updated-on-tecno-camon-c8/#comment-12929 before you ask for source
Re: Guess Who Just Released Latest Android OS For Their Phones? by Maximum83: 5:57am On Dec 11, 2015
The Tecno camon gained lots of acceptance in Nigeria. An upgrade to marshmallow is a welcome idea
Re: Guess Who Just Released Latest Android OS For Their Phones? by ogashakiru(m): 10:11am On Dec 11, 2015
This is good to see. Lovely phone that keeps staying relevant
Re: Guess Who Just Released Latest Android OS For Their Phones? by itsfarnas(m): 10:35am On Dec 11, 2015
Oh my. I saw pictures it looked very fresh and clean. What a way to really improve the user experience on the C8. I like.
Re: Guess Who Just Released Latest Android OS For Their Phones? by Wandeabbas: 10:39am On Dec 11, 2015
I like this update. Great reason to get a C8. I'm impressed
Re: Guess Who Just Released Latest Android OS For Their Phones? by fourlake4(f): 10:48am On Dec 11, 2015
Pretty cool update. Makes the phone even worth having the more.
Re: Guess Who Just Released Latest Android OS For Their Phones? by daphid25(m): 12:30pm On Dec 11, 2015
Guess multitasking issue will be solved after the update
Re: Guess Who Just Released Latest Android OS For Their Phones? by Yorubago(f): 11:40am On Dec 13, 2015
i HAVE NOT HEARD OF ANY PHONE YET THIS WILL BE COMING ON...Nice development for the Camon 8 users
Re: Guess Who Just Released Latest Android OS For Their Phones? by OnyeAraNdiIgbo(f): 11:57am On Dec 13, 2015
This news seems to be like the latest thing ngawnu
Re: Guess Who Just Released Latest Android OS For Their Phones? by BustScam: 12:17pm On Dec 13, 2015
Wonderfful announcement from these tecno guys, i do hope that other mobile phone users would follow suit....
Re: Guess Who Just Released Latest Android OS For Their Phones? by mosjames: 2:16am On Dec 15, 2015
BustScam:
Wonderfful announcement from these tecno guys, i do hope that other mobile phone users would follow suit....
Sure they would follow Tecno's step
Re: Guess Who Just Released Latest Android OS For Their Phones? by kolexepana: 12:14pm On Dec 16, 2015
Update lowokan grin
But the thing go chop Data ehn
Re: Guess Who Just Released Latest Android OS For Their Phones? by OnyeAraNdiIgbo(f): 9:23am On Dec 27, 2015
We'll see how it plays out
Re: Guess Who Just Released Latest Android OS For Their Phones? by Calebbola: 3:19pm On Jan 08, 2016
First time I saw that phone in real life, I couldn't even believe that tecno did it
Maximum83:
The Tecno camon gained lots of acceptance in Nigeria. An upgrade to marshmallow is a welcome idea
Re: Guess Who Just Released Latest Android OS For Their Phones? by BustScam: 3:47pm On Jan 16, 2016
OP, still waiting for the OS oooo

ALready, Infinix guys have started doing their Over the Air update ooo
Re: Guess Who Just Released Latest Android OS For Their Phones? by Oladipupo22: 4:47pm On Jan 16, 2016
Calebbola:
First time I saw that phone in real life, I couldn't even believe that tecno did it

LOL Ode oshi

Awon doubters grin grin grin grin grin

Welcome to the club!

(1) (Reply)

My Infinix Note Pro Help / Download Tweakware V3.7 Here / Pro Evolution Soccer 2017 Mobile Android

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.