Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,192 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:18 AM

This Woman Can Stop You From Twitting - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / This Woman Can Stop You From Twitting (545 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

This Woman Can Stop You From Twitting by marenx: 4:06pm On Jun 12, 2015
When I don't know what to search for on Google, I usually move to Twitter where I can stumble upon more learning resources.

I signed up a Twitter account for the past one year but I have only 10 followers (before they were 13). I thought the reason is because I had no picture and twitted unregularly. But for the past three days I resumed actively and got 4 followers and found it amusing using hash tag (#). Today I entered a hash tag before going to trends and then returned to a hash tag again to see what is challenging. Scrolling down, I was thinking like saying 'twit with me dear!' before Dianne E. Butts arrested me.

I found Dianne E. Butts twitting and got a link to her blog.

One of her blog posts that interested me was: Keep your Eye on the Ball: One Sentence that can Elevate your Writing to New Heights.

"One of the best things I learned about writing very early in my career in a writing class I took was about "Thesis statements", she said, and went further to state her reason thus, ".... I think writers who create a thesis statement for whatever they are writing, whether it's for a non fiction book, or even if it's for fiction whether short stories, books, or screenplays, come out with a much stronger piece of writing."

On what is a thesis statement, Dianne said, "A thesis or focus statement is stating the single main idea that you want to communicate through your nonfiction article, book, or fictional story in one sentence. It is a specific sentence, not a vague one. It is a complete sentence, not a word or phrase."

Before, I was struggling to comprehend the meaning of thesis statement: I comprehended it, but how she explained it here widened my knowledge, especially when she said, "When writing a screen play, screen writers are often required to also write a "logline." In my mind, this is pretty much the same thing as a thesis statement."

I knew of logline since before and can write it well.

Examples of loglines:http://scriptshadow..in/2009/11/top-100-loglines-for-scriptshadow.html

Dianne went more further discussing about thesis statement and at the bottom, she wouldn't give this remarkable, memorable and educating blog post just to dissipate. She left us with her two bestselling ebooks that you can use to take your writing career to the greatest height.

Visit here http://buttsaboutwriting..in/2014/12/keep-your-eye-on-ball-one-sentence-that.html

or

https://languageexpertintl./2015/06/12/this-woman-can-stop-you-from-twitting/

(1) (Reply)

Novels Urgently Needed For Purchase / Five 5 Secret Laws Of Archievement / Win 1,000 Pounds With Etisalat's Flash Fiction Contest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.