Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,361 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:34 PM

LAUTECH Student Dies During Football Match - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / LAUTECH Student Dies During Football Match (563 Views)

LAUTECH Student Commits Suicide By Hanging Himself In Room (Photos) / UNIZIK Female Student Dies Of Generator Fume After Smoking Weed In Security Room / 400 Level LAUTECH Student Arrested For Stealing & Raping Female Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

LAUTECH Student Dies During Football Match by missbehave247(m): 6:09pm On Jun 12, 2015
Fatai Kolawole, a 400 level student of Ladoke Akintola University of Technology (LAUTECH) slumped and died earlier this week during a football match organized by his department.

[img]https://i.onthe.io/vllkyt2s1m92av2edg.4dae0a53.jpg[/img]

The young man who was studying Chemical Engineering was said to have collapsed in the middle of the pitch and was immediately rushed to the University health centre.

According to his colleague, the officials at the health centre asked the students who had brought him to take him to Bowen Hospital, Ogbomoso which was a few miles away from the campus and a nurse was assigned to accompany them. The ambulance was
requested for but was not provided because the driver had gone to buy food.

The colleague continued: “On our way, we were stopped by the SARS (Special anti-robbery Squad) we tendered our urgency and they helped us clear the way to Bowen Hospital, when we got there he was rushed inside the emergency ward with news
only reaching us outside that the Doctor has certified him dead.

We got back to Health center to report situation of things, when we met the Doctor-in- charge (named withheld) who said Fatai was dead even before we brought him from the field. That was a big lie, i was the one who carried him in my arms inside the
health center and i am very sure he was still gasping for air, fighting for his dear life”.

[img]https://i.onthe.io/vllkyt3g5saj0er3eg.28c57a5a.jpg[/img]

The University declared three day mourning in honour of the deceased and expressed sympathy to the family.

The students, led by the President of the Student Union, Bakare Solace however embarked on a peaceful protest as a way of showing their dissatisfaction at the way the issue was handled.

Recently, Two students of a university in Anambra state reportedly died in a hostel room located not far from the school.

Cc:lalasticlala

Source: http://www.naij.com/460115-lautech-student-dies-during-football-match.html

(1) (Reply)

Lost Tape / Two Remanded For Allegedly Hacking Bank’s Network / How Much Can You Be Paid To Do This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.