Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,554 members, 7,816,342 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:50 AM

Web Caches Problem - Help! - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Web Caches Problem - Help! (756 Views)

Wordpress Problem (help) / Wordpress Permalink,.htaccess Problem +directory Problem Help Please / Joomla Database Problem-help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Web Caches Problem - Help! by ztyle(m): 5:57pm On Feb 21, 2009
Hey,
i need help on this Web Caches issue,When i uploaded my html file and visit it, the new content doesn't appear until i refresh my IE browser, delete cookies and delete file from "Internet options" i keep refreshinq but the Old content is still showinq, what's really going on.

. . . .Help. embarassed
Re: Web Caches Problem - Help! by yawatide(f): 6:22pm On Feb 21, 2009
Either you aren't uploading to the right place OR you are but as you stated, cache isn't clearing.

One guaranteed solution, if the latter.

Delete *everything* from wherever you are storing your files. Then refresh your browser. The point is to get the browser to display, "this site does not exist" or whatever verbiage shows up. Next, re-upload your files and you should be good to go.

On the part of your visitors, I am afraid they are SOL with respect to seeing cached content.

Good luck!
Re: Web Caches Problem - Help! by ztyle(m): 7:59pm On Feb 21, 2009
Your reply na yawa!  embarassed i'm more confuse~
Re: Web Caches Problem - Help! by yawatide(f): 1:12pm On Feb 22, 2009
LOL

It shouldn't be. What I am saying, and this has happened to me before is, back up your files, delete them off the server. Make sure that when you refresh your browser, after deletion,that nothing shows up, then re-upload same files. That should ensure that you are serving up nothing but the latest files.

Still confused?
Re: Web Caches Problem - Help! by Nobody: 5:04pm On Feb 22, 2009
CTRL + F5 usually solve the problem (as far as i know).
Re: Web Caches Problem - Help! by nitation(m): 12:03pm On Feb 23, 2009
@ Poster

This problem occurs when you are not uploading to the specific folder on your server. Secondly, There is a cache handling error from your hosting company. Consult them and hear their story!

My 2 cent
Re: Web Caches Problem - Help! by ztyle(m): 12:41am On Feb 26, 2009
dhtml:

CTRL + F5 usually solve the problem (as far as i know).
. . .The best post so far, and dude thank for the help , its indeed workinq for me but how can i stop it finially, because i can't keep pressinq and hittinq the CTRL keys.
Re: Web Caches Problem - Help! by Nobody: 6:50am On Feb 26, 2009
It is only used to forcefully load your cache and show the new version of your page. After using it once is enough. When you make next update
and you are not seeing the changes then use it.
Re: Web Caches Problem - Help! by ztyle(m): 1:11am On Feb 27, 2009
Thanks DHTML, na ur name bi that? why not XHTML? no NLHTML.
Re: Web Caches Problem - Help! by Nobody: 1:45am On Feb 27, 2009
lol
Re: Web Caches Problem - Help! by ztyle(m): 3:30pm On Feb 27, 2009
u dey laf grin answer me na?
Re: Web Caches Problem - Help! by Nobody: 9:30pm On Feb 27, 2009
DHTML is cooler - think it suite me. The first book i ever read on website development about a decade ago was titled "DHTML"
Re: Web Caches Problem - Help! by ztyle(m): 12:44am On Feb 28, 2009
. . .i see why u dey behave like DHTML dey speak HTML.  grin
Re: Web Caches Problem - Help! by Nobody: 8:31am On Feb 28, 2009
I am still thinking of changing it to DXHTML - 'cos it seems i have moved beyond HTML to XHTML. Maybe i will even write a book sef,
Re: Web Caches Problem - Help! by ztyle(m): 5:05pm On Feb 28, 2009
. .okay we hear you.
Re: Web Caches Problem - Help! by Nobody: 6:55pm On Feb 28, 2009
The title of the book will be o-lenu-pa web developer's cookbook - i am sure there is none like it in the market.
Re: Web Caches Problem - Help! by ztyle(m): 7:06pm On Feb 28, 2009
dhtml:

The title of the book will be o-lenu-pa web developer's cookbook - i am sure there is none like it in the market.
. . .lol da name too small na, use Atutupoyoyo Web Developer's CookBook. grin

(1) (Reply)

Pls I Need A Good Joomla Form Builder / How To Execute Php3 Under A Php5 Installation? / Testsitefor.me Site And Browser Plugin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.