Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,827 members, 7,813,746 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:31 PM

Wordpress Problem (help) - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Wordpress Problem (help) (1755 Views)

I Need Help With This Wordpress Problem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wordpress Problem (help) by olaolaking: 4:55pm On Jul 08, 2015
I am a fan of Joomla but I have a reason why I have to try wordpress. Intend to install it on my wamp (Localhost) Which I did successfully. But at a pint when I need to install themes and plugins, It keeps giving errors. Please what can I do, any idea?
Re: Wordpress Problem (help) by Donald3d(m): 5:58pm On Jul 08, 2015
olaolaking:
I am a fan of Joomla but I have a reason why I have to try wordpress. Intend to install it on my wamp (Localhost) Which I did successfully. But at a pint when I need to install themes and plugins, It keeps giving errors. Please what can I do, any idea?
probably there is a version conflict
Re: Wordpress Problem (help) by PulseWeb: 6:08pm On Jul 08, 2015
connect ur system with internet and open the link on ur local host
Re: Wordpress Problem (help) by dwebdesign(m): 8:40pm On Jul 08, 2015
paste the errors here
Re: Wordpress Problem (help) by Chillinmasoul(m): 12:00am On Jul 09, 2015
Contact your hosting company. They should fix it asap
Re: Wordpress Problem (help) by PulseWeb: 6:33am On Jul 09, 2015
Intend to install it on my wamp (Localhost) didnt u read, wetin concern localhost and hosting company

Chillinmasoul:
Contact your hosting company. They should fix it asap
Re: Wordpress Problem (help) by Chillinmasoul(m): 9:12am On Jul 09, 2015
PulseWeb:
Intend to install it on my wamp (Localhost) didnt u read, wetin concern localhost and hosting company

Sorry about the comment. No vex!
Re: Wordpress Problem (help) by brine(m): 12:51pm On Jul 09, 2015
You need to copy and paste the error you are getting so you can get a solution to fix it from anyone here.
Re: Wordpress Problem (help) by kingthreat(m): 1:27pm On Jul 09, 2015
brine:
You need to copy and paste the error you are getting so you can get a solution to fix it from anyone here.

Nice work on codecanyon
Re: Wordpress Problem (help) by olaolaking: 9:37pm On Jul 09, 2015
brine:

An unexpected error occurred. Something may be wrong with WordPress.org or this server’s configuration. If you continue to have problems, please try the support forums.
Re: Wordpress Problem (help) by fattbabakay(m): 3:31am On Jul 10, 2015
olaolaking:

An unexpected error occurred. Something may be wrong with WordPress.org or this server’s configuration. If you continue to have problems, please try the support forums.
You cant possibly install themes and plugins without connecting to the internet. Your best option is to download the plugin or theme in zip format, probably with your phone and upload directly. Hope that helps.
Re: Wordpress Problem (help) by olaolaking: 5:41am On Jul 10, 2015
fattbabakay:
You cant possibly install themes and plugins without connecting to the internet. Your best option is to download the plugin or theme in zip format, probably with your phone and upload directly. Hope that helps.
I have the theme downloaded already. It is a premium theme on my desktop
Re: Wordpress Problem (help) by ncpat(m): 6:38am On Jul 10, 2015
you have to configure the wp-config.php file on your wordpress to allow your ip address.

If the problem is happening when you search plugins or themes its probably because you are connected to a proxy and you need to configure it on your wp-config.php

/** EXAMPLE - proxy settings */
define('WP_PROXY_HOST', 'proxy.url.com');
define('WP_PROXY_PORT', '1234');
define('WP_PROXY_USERNAME', '');
define('WP_PROXY_PASSWORD', '');
define('WP_PROXY_BYPASS_HOSTS', 'localhost');

call me on 08065942445 for more details
Re: Wordpress Problem (help) by fattbabakay(m): 7:56am On Jul 10, 2015
olaolaking:
I have the theme downloaded already. It is a premium theme on my desktop
Then ignore the error and upload the theme. or just do it manually by unzipping the theme into your theme directory inside your localhost, then go to your dashboard and activate it.
Re: Wordpress Problem (help) by brine(m): 12:34pm On Jul 10, 2015
kingthreat:

Nice work on codecanyon

Thank you sire.

olaolaking:

This solution will work :
fattbabakay:
Then ignore the error and upload the theme. or just do it manually by unzipping the theme into your theme directory inside your localhost, then go to your dashboard and activate it.

Unzip your theme,copy the entire folder of the theme and paste it in "wp-content/themes" folder of your wordpress on your localhost.
Re: Wordpress Problem (help) by georgen2u(m): 3:42pm On Jul 10, 2015
First
Go to wordpress directory and find the theme you love, download it
Unzip the theme using winrar or 7zip ( available free online)
open the folder make sure the last forlder you see will contain the files of the theme ( usually some themes contains readme and doc or other etc files so you can skip them.) just copy the folder that contains the theme files ( you can even rename them... like i do...)

There are two ways to place it to your wordpress theme directory. ( am skipping the wordpress Theme upload function in the admin)
Click on Xampp (open it)
Click on "Explore" button ( should pop out another folder)
Click on "htdocs"
Find the project your are working on (eg demo)
open it
go to wp-content
Open it
Click on "Themes"
Paste your theme there

Then login to your project
http://localhost/demo/wp-admin
go to themes
and activate your new theme

N/B if you were looking at the error in wordpress contacting the remote server its normal when you are on local host and offline to solve all these errors ( for developers)
open Explore from xampp
Select "PHP" folder
find a file name "php.ini"
open in notepad++
use "find" function to search for "display_errors" (about line 552)
set it to "off"
Save and restart your Xampp no errors again
(but its advisable for developers to leave it open *** for debugging ***)

(1) (Reply)

Top 10 Best Google Adsense Alternatives / ​problem With Bulk SMS Delivery To MTN & Solution / How To Make Money With Your Blog With Ease 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.